Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul P-MAGs

ShootfastRunfaster

If you guys recommend steel mags, what kind are the best and reasonably priced?

Fusil......the ones I have and used would probably survive anything you can throw at it. Reasonably priced as well.

I still love my p-mags though.

I just got a call tonight from a friend that shot the AR15 target match = every stage his pmag messed up and he kept useing it. Today he spent time at the range and could not get it to malfunction. I didn't ask him why he kept using it after the first stage

If you guys recommend steel mags, what kind are the best and reasonably priced?

I wonder the same!! anyone?

I only use Pmags and have only good experience with them. Actually I have never owned anything else since I am new to rifle……I live in Norway and wonder if anyone have bad experience with Pmags in really cold weather. Some plastics get harder in the cold and this could lead to cracking or that is what I fear!!

Should I use them in extreme cold or get some aluminum once for this?

I shot the AR15 Targets match and saw many rifle problems. Most were cases getting stuck and bad ammo, some were misfeeds. It was really windy and dusty. I kept my rifle covered and still had dust everywhere. I have noticed with my P-Mags and Nordic ext. if I download them to 46 I have no problems.

PMags working great for me as well. Nordic extensions 100% as well. I've got the older aluminum coupler design. Both of these work flawless.

Magazines are like guns. They need to be maintained, inspected, cleaned, etc.

When one doesn't work, it goes into the scrap bin or practice only pile.

As stated before, cracks at the spine of PMags are generally the issue when they don't work. Just keep an eye on them and send them back when they fail. Magpul will replace them.

I have noticed that I started to have some feeding issues in the past couple of weeks. I really thought something was going wrong with my rifle but after doing a major teardown and cleaning I could find nothing wrong with the gun. I went back out and tried again with the same p-mags that I have been using for the past 3 years with no problems and had feeding issues again. Any way I got out some brand new units and have had no more problems with feeding.

I think between the high temps and the UV here in Arizona it take there toll on the mags and me using them quite a bit that it was time for replacement. I think the 2 year rule will be put in place for me and have put the date on all the mags I just put into service.

I could not find any cracks or damage on the mags but there was a bid difference in when I pinched the feed lips together with my fingers. The old mags were really soft and had more flex than the new mags.

My Pmag with the NC extension has always ran great, however I have seen several 30 rounds have a variety of problems. Some don't lock the bolt back while others don't fall free. I use them in training but no longer use them in matches or on duty.