Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So, I am introduced to Dave Sevigny

Wild Gene

So, I am with a buddy, and he introduces me to Dave Sevigny, in a non fire arms type setting.

Friend: Gene, I would like to introduce you to Dave Sevigny

Dave: (reaches out to shake hands) Nice to meet you.

Me: (shaking hands with Dave) Pleased to meet you...So, "Friend" tells me you shoot pistols?

Dave: Yep, I shoot some......

I MEAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! What a nice guy! I am introduced to "the Chuck Norris of Glock", I instantly give hime crap, and he is the nicest, most humble guy ever. I never did say anymore to him about shooting. Just other topics. I was very impressed because he was so "not into himself".

Randi Rogers was there too, she is the same way (although I have shot with her, her Grandpa and Grandma at Cowboy matches, a long time ago). I did talk shooting with Randi a little.

They are both some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

The same goes for several of the people in this game, or any shooting sport for that matter.

Well, I thought it was funny...the first part anyway.... :blush:

Gene

Dave Sevigny is indeed a class act. He came to Albuquerque last year and shot the High Desert Classic. He won Production and finished sixth overall. Guess who comes out after the awards presentations and helps tear down the stages and put everything away? Yeppers, Dave Sevigny. Poppers, walls, swingers, drop turners, he helped with all of it. As I said... a class act.

Pat

I agree that most of the top shooters in this sport are really great guys. I've only met a few of the top level guys, but they've all been extremely friendly, and willing to answer any question I may have.

Let me offer another perspective to why Dave would answer your question the way he did. The guy spends the majority of his life around fire arms. If he was at a non-gun related event, he probably didn't want to talk shop. I know when I'm at the range the last thing I want to do is talk about work. I have to imagine he same is true for him.

Let me offer another perspective to why Dave would answer your question the way he did. The guy spends the majority of his life around fire arms. If he was at a non-gun related event, he probably didn't want to talk shop. I know when I'm at the range the last thing I want to do is talk about work. I have to imagine he same is true for him.

That is exactly why I said what I did. I was going to offer him some advice, but knew I would start laughing if I did. It was not a shooting thing, and I just didn't want to go there.

I met Dave a few years ago, the night before the Florida Open. My best friend Zerwas and I were looking over the stages and Dave was right across from us looking at another stage. We walked over and I will admitt I was a bit star struck. Dave was the one that stuck his hand out to shake hands, I shook his hand and he said "hi, I'm Dave"... I said "I know", he laughed and then asked me how I was going to shoot this stage? I showed him my plan, he then gave me a few tips on how to do it better... what a great guy! He deserves all of the blessings that he has been given. :cheers::cheers:

I have had the good fortune to shoot with Dave, Randi,and Jesse a few time at local matches. Nicest people in the world. The first to volunteer to do the scoring, or first to jump in a paste. Certainly no over inflated egos there.

Another on that list is Daniel Horner. Daniel comes to help setup our 3 gun matches, and stays for teardown the next day (as do most of the big dawgs around here like Tod Litt, Rob Romero, Tyler Payne (and his wife)}

I love the people in this sport.

Mark K

Just shot Florida Open with Army Marksmanship Unit. Everything said above goes to these guys as well. Travis, Daniel, Lee and others were the first to paste, reset, etc. Always sharing tips, very professional and polite. What a great experience

I met Dave several years ago at the US Steel match the first year it was in Titusville. Agree with the other comments about how easy he is to talk to. Very much not into himself. And my friends still bust my chops because I was so attentive about what Dave was telling me about shooting the match.

Max and KC also acted like regular guys at that match. Those two seemed to have a blast hanging out together and didn't mind joking around with other folks. I see Shannon Smith and Dave Pruitt at local matches here in Fla. Both are world class shooters and also very easy to talk with.

What other game is there where a regular joe can talk with, let alone participate with, a world class athlete?

I had the good fortune to be squaded with Dave several years back at Area 8 when I was a "C" class shooter. Shot the whole match in the rain. Dave took the time to try to teach me some things when he saw me getting upset with myself. I have met numerous high ranked shooters and have never gotten the cold shoulder from any of them. Add to that all the "regular" folk I shoot with and you have the greatest bunch of people in the world. Doing the job that I do it is refreshing to realize that good people still walk the earth. Maybe that is why I love this sport so much. :cheers::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Dave: Yep, I shoot some......

That is too cool!

Years ago when he was 17 and getting ready to go pro I lined up next to a kid that had already spanked everyone in his first 3 motos. While we were getting ready I looked over at him and said,"Follow me and I'll show you the fast way around this track."

He looked kinda shy and said, "Um...ok, thanks!" He was also polite when he lapped me...twice.

I really like people that don't let their success go to their heads.

Now me...if I ever happen to win a match you suckahs will be paying to read what I post!

** (This post, and others, subject to applicable fees and back taxes)

Edited by High Lord Gomer