Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ozark 3-Gun Championship

I would hate to have you guys think two guys in the 3 Gun Nation shootoffs were cheaters.

Jesse, I did not think you were joking. Not for a second did I or would I think anything of the sort about Kalani or Rustin, and I have no thought that way towards Chris either.

WE must realize that this board gets read by a lot of 3GN fans, who are not members here, nor do they shoot, or hang out with us, or see anything other than what is on film. Some do not have our best interest at heart either. Diligence to not portray a competitor in a poor light erroneously IS important, so glad you cleared that up. We have enough other things to work on...like you go get busy practicing on those 400 yard off-hand weak shoulder shots.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked to Chris and the rest of our squad and we unanimously decided that we should give Chris a stage DQ on stage 9. The stats people will be giving him zero points for stage 9. If we ever get scores you will see that this horrible wrong was righted and we are all good honest people.

Believe me I'm about as far away from "everybody gets a trophy" as you can get. And the top guys NEED to be rewarded , also on the same note I would still shoot a match if there were no prize table,and I imagine most of you would as well.

I have also shot many(I can't think of the name) where all scores were together then shooters/prizes were divided into 3 groups. EXAMPLE 9 shooters: divided into 3 groups : each group has a 1st, 2nd ,3rd.

In almost every match I got last or close to it, in the first group , because I beat the 1st place time in the 2nd group by a slight margin <_< No big deal , I mainly want to see how I compare to others and if I'm getting better or worse.

I just talked to Chris and the rest of our squad and we unanimously decided that we should give Chris a stage DQ on stage 9. The stats people will be giving him zero points for stage 9. If we ever get scores you will see that this horrible wrong was righted and we are all good honest people.

Wasnt ap3 in your squad? :sight::devil:

Edited by gose

Wasnt ap3 in your squad? :sight::devil:

Hey, no Swedish California comments

thats nice, Jesse; but wheres video of that barn burner finish on the team event? lol!

Great finish Mike. I dont mean to be a buzzkill on the team shoot, but since when did they start making the competitors ground a safe gun? Ive talked to several shoot off competitors who said they always just put it down. When I shot it at BRM3G two years ago, it was just "ground the gun". Watch all the previous shootoffs and you dont seem to see the guns going on safe. I may be wrong, but I thought it was a crappy call.

yeah, but I didnt care; I made sure that my other two teammates knew it was just one of those things that happens, and that is was an honor just to get to shoot with them, and to actually shoot and hit steel was reward in itself!

Apparently those Stag Arms techwear shirts come in extra long sizes and have a horeshoe sewn into the back bottom of them. :goof:

Here is the Team Shoot Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9mw4VR0RM

Who is that ruggedly handsome "husky" guy running the second leg of the relay? :roflol:

Sorry I slowed you guys down. It was quite and experience to be shooting with/against such talent. Definitely my lucky day!

Great stages, fun match. Kirk made the decision he had to on the prize table - no matter what he did, someone was going to be pissed off. I think the Open folks worked it out among themselves and that's fine too. AR15.com/Rockcastle match had a random draw for the AM division and the shooters all seemed happy with that. The money from the Brownells raffle, won by Aaron Parmenter, will go to the new NRA Life Of Duty program that honors Military, LE, Fire, etc. I too would have likedan announcement that 3GN was about to start, most folks were still waiting for the final results, otherwise they'd have been there as spectators. I just had a feeling and went out there. Got there in time to see the team shootoff and give Tara's husband some money to make up for the keg he bought. With the scoring problems everyone was confused, frustrated, whatever but I got to talk to more people, for a bit longer and the info I got was great. The ROs were very helpful and, while their coaching during the coarse of fire was unusual it helped one of our guys, although he might have spent more time looking for the target they told him he missed than the penalty would have been. I know I was glad they told me to shoot at the door on #9 and call it good when the stick had fallen out. Although, if I'd have been smart I would have asked for a reshoot and not gone for doubles that I missed and hopefully not dropped a shell. I don't practice enough to be any good so I'm just happy to be there and get to shoot with good people. Every match is different and that's one of the things I love about 3-Gun.

Thanks to Kirk, Larry, all the RO's, and everyone else who made the match possible. And I know my wallet got a lot lighter putting money in those jars. Some stages it was hard to find something to setup because they beat everyone to it. It was my 3rd year at the Ozarks, and I will be back again next year as well. I enjoyed the stages, 1 and 9 being my favorites, and scheduled stage times seemed to run on time or early for the most part. The scoring issue sucked, and I myself would have rather picked a stage to base the prizes off of as well, but no matter what decision is made it will piss someone off. (Not me though) I had a lot of fun, sucked in a lot of dust, and met even more people that I will enjoy seeing again. It was great shooting with you Squad 13.

Chris

You can add one more to the list who want to come back next year

My dog Thor , he was by the truck this morning ready to go , got the sad puppy eyes :( when I left in the other truck .

He laid beside the mini truck ALL day , so I had to give him a ride when I got home.

He missed all the good company , And the ear scratching :D

Edited by toothandnail

Guys I dont want to argue but since I am in that video I do want to comment.

Jesse calling out a couple of plates in the woods were simply a case of him trying to help a friend within the rules of the match whose shotgun shooting/loading plan he was not aware of. I am only hearing half of what was said for the first time watching this video (Keep in mind he is 30 feet or more behind me half the time and I was double plugged). What I did hear was more of a distraction than anything, as those plates were simply in a different place in my plan than his.

The only plate that I had brought to my attention that I had missed in the match was called out by the RO on the stage.

I want to congratulate James Casanova for a win in Tac Irons in this match and a trip to is first 3 Gun Nation Shoot Off in this match! Great shooting man!

I also want to comment on what a class act Pat Kelly was at this match. I was displeased with the order we were drawn for the prize table and offered him my prize rifle knowing that he had beaten me in the match and I went to the table before him and he refused to hear of it.

Add another name to the "Class Act" category; Chris. You definitely belong there with Pat. Nice shooting yourself; and good vids! :D Sorry about the bummer break on Stage 9, and I don't mean the plate.

Despite the bumps in the road with this match I was and am blown away by how openly ALL the shooters I talked to shared information and experience on stages. There are too many to name so I will just put out a general Thank You! I had a great time at the match and got to shoot with an unbelievably entertaining squad. I don't envy Kirk or Larry for the decision they had to make but I admire them for making a decision, and I'm glad they and all the staff worked so hard so that we could have some fun running around and shooting. Thanks to 3Gun Nation for their coverage of our game and Thank You! whole heartedly to all the sponsors that make the prize tables worth fighting over! :cheers:

I look forward to shooting with all of you at the next match.

Edited by Casman

For my two cents I thought the match was great. Many thanks goes out to Kirk and the whole staff who put this event together. I especially admire the way those young Marines hustled the whole match. The smaller targets at closer ranges bridged the gap between top of the line optics and a 300.00 dollar 1-4 power. There were no tricks- just straight shooting. The lack of paper targets expedited the reset process and thus hurried the match along. As far as the unfortunate scoring goes, well, Forest Gump said it best, "it happens". I would like to suggest squad donations at specific stages for the military donations. Any squad that cumulatively averages $10 bucks a shooter will go into a drawing for a rifle with the other squads that did the same. That way there will be one happy shooter and alot more money for the troops!! I will be back!!

Steve Sweeney

Great stages, fun match. Kirk made the decision he had to on the prize table - no matter what he did, someone was going to be pissed off. I think the Open folks worked it out among themselves and that's fine too. AR15.com/Rockcastle match had a random draw for the AM division and the shooters all seemed happy with that. The money from the Brownells raffle, won by Aaron Parmenter, will go to the new NRA Life Of Duty program that honors Military, LE, Fire, etc. I too would have likedan announcement that 3GN was about to start, most folks were still waiting for the final results, otherwise they'd have been there as spectators. I just had a feeling and went out there. Got there in time to see the team shootoff and give Tara's husband some money to make up for the keg he bought. With the scoring problems everyone was confused, frustrated, whatever but I got to talk to more people, for a bit longer and the info I got was great. The ROs were very helpful and, while their coaching during the coarse of fire was unusual it helped one of our guys, although he might have spent more time looking for the target they told him he missed than the penalty would have been. I know I was glad they told me to shoot at the door on #9 and call it good when the stick had fallen out. Although, if I'd have been smart I would have asked for a reshoot and not gone for doubles that I missed and hopefully not dropped a shell. I don't practice enough to be any good so I'm just happy to be there and get to shoot with good people. Every match is different and that's one of the things I love about 3-Gun.

Thanks again for the big check Larry!!! I wasn't smart enough to realize that the big check was just a prop. I took off with that thing and went straight to the bank this morning, walked in and set it up on the counter. I got a pretty funny look and laugh from everyone in the bank.

I think we will put that $500 into the "spend in Vegas at Nationals account" and see if we can't turn it into $1M.

Holy cow this thread has train wrecked.

I want to thank the Marines, the staff, the shooters, 3 Gun Nation, and especially the RO's.

Congrats to the division winners.

Big, huge props to my buddy Rustin. No one else in this world I would rather have smash me on camera than him. Although I think he might have snuck in a .40 pistol into our shootoff. ;)

Kalani

I was happy to see the stages running decent after looking at things thursday and wondering what's gonna happen throughout the weekend.

Big thanks to Kirk, Larry, ROs, Army, Marines, and Setup crew!! And yes I do appreciate a little help when I'm in need of life support and can't see the last target behind that tree or my foot is over the line!!!

Stage comments:

I thought the stages were good for the most part.

They were not too short or long and I don't remember anyone timing out on our squad.

My biggest complaint is the long slug targets. We sighted for 100yds and it was a crap shoot even with a dot sight and fast loads. IMO 75yds should be the max for slugs.

Plates in the woods!!!! Darn it!! Why can't the stands(every stand/at least) be painted(like at Pro-Am) before each squad so I don't have to play "Where's Waldo" when brain function is no longer present.

Other complaint would be the terrain. I would classify a couple stages as "slighty unsafe" to be walking down and engaging targets/reloading at the same time. A little grooming would have helped.

As far as the rest goes...Stuff happens but I was supposed to be at work 6:00am monday morning. That didn't happen.

What's the saying?...."A crappy night of driving home nodding off at the whell is better than a good day at work"

I think matches need to stop finishing stages Sunday mornings unless Stuff happened the days before requiring it. A little buffer time wouldn't hurt and we could let loose a little more on Sat night(not like that doesn't happen already...;))

Beside all the shortcomings you still have to appreciate the match for what it is...another chance to have fun shooting 3-guns and seeing how you stack up against some of the world's best shooters.

We can only hope that these matches continue to happen every year and Sponsors continue their support the way they do.

Big thanks to each and every sponsor!!!

Nick

Larry,

Thank you, and the rest of the men and women at Brownell's! NRA's Life of Duty is going to be a great program, and it's awesome that ya'll chose to support it!

Thank you as well for the support of 3 Gun! We do appreciate it, and I guarantee you that everyone of us who shoot 3 gun spend money with ya'll!

Monte