Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask. Were all you guys wearing shorts or pants? Sitting on the ground? Because I didn't get a single one lol I got a tick at the ProAm but thats it.....that I've found lol

I was wearing shorts, did not sit on the ground, and got no bites.

I spent three weeks there, day and night. No chiggers, no ticks, you need to eat more garlic.

I have to ask. Were all you guys wearing shorts or pants? Sitting on the ground? Because I didn't get a single one lol I got a tick at the ProAm but thats it.....that I've found lol

I was wearing pants and deep woods off and they still crushed me!

Kirk,

I have to be honest! The friggin chiggers I picked up down there are bothering me a whole lot more right now than not having the scores in hand.

I am coming back next year with a little knife and castrate all those little buggers!

Now watching something like that would put the "fun" into a match! :roflol:

Kirk,

I have to be honest! The friggin chiggers I picked up down there are bothering me a whole lot more right now than not having the scores in hand.

I am coming back next year with a little knife and castrate all those little buggers!

I don't know why I need clarification, But... are you bothered by the chiggers you pick eup "down there" as in down there in Missouri, or "down there, down there". Because I got them both ways. Itchy.

I may have contacted my chiggers the day prior to the match when I did the 1/2 mile low crawl and made a snail trail through the brush, weeds, and grass, just to get a peek at the set up of the blind stage. So much for that idea.

Would that be considered cheating or just gaming?

Seriously, I wore both shorts and pants, used deep woods off, never sat down once, and I got bites around my ankles, under my knee pads, and right around the leg opening of my Under Armour shorts.

I may have contacted my chiggers the day prior to the match when I did the 1/2 mile low crawl and made a snail trail through the brush, weeds, and grass, just to get a peek at the set up of the blind stage. So much for that idea.

Would that be considered cheating or just gaming?

Seriously, I wore both shorts and pants, used deep woods off, never sat down once, and I got bites around my ankles, under my knee pads, and right around the leg opening of my Under Armour shorts.

Brian that's what you get for not showering all weekend.

Finally got my match video put together after having a few computer issues this week. Always a fun match. Hate it had to end on a sour note. I know I'll keep coming back.

This was my first match shooting limited, and I had a blast shooting with squad 18.

This was my first match shooting limited, and I had a blast shooting with squad 18.

And very well done. :cheers: It was great to watch what we came to find out was the Limited battle with the top 3 all on Squad 18! Certainly one of the best squads I have ever had the pleasure of being on. I still laugh about your "awkward silence" comment when you know who was shooting stage 7.

Finally got my match video put together after having a few computer issues this week. Always a fun match. Hate it had to end on a sour note. I know I'll keep coming back.

Nice Shooting West! I hope you enjoyed Tac Irons so much that you stay over there. :devil:

Nice Shooting West! I hope you enjoyed Tac Irons so much that you stay over there. :devil:

+1

I owe the Match Director of this match, Kirk Broyles, the Range Master, Larry Houck, the stats folks, Misty Taylor and anyone else involved in making this match a success an apology. I said and posted some things on this forum and others in frustration that I shouldn't have and for that I am truely sorry. Like years past the match was a lot of fun. I hope all of you join me and continue to support the Ozark 3 Gun Championship in years to come.

I plan on returning next year despite the scoring SNAFU. I travelled with some great guys and shot on a great squad (18).

I didn't get any chiggers/redbugs. I did wear pants for this match instead of shorts. No bug spray either. So, to all of you that got them: Where were you and what were you all doing there together? Nevermind, don't answer that. :surprise: