TO: Ben Fortin

Is what I heard.

Actually it was

Open: Mike Cyrwus

TO: Kalani Laker

TI: Chris Andersen

HI: Pat Kelley

HO: Rustin Bernskoetter

Thanks to all the sponsors!!! The prize table was much bigger and better than last year. Samson and Adams Arms really stepped up this year and their generosity is great!

Thanks to Stag Arms who put a bunch of certificates on the tables even though their shooters didn't receive the match slots for the match like they were promised.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OPEN: kay michulek

TI: Cameron Thompson

Heavy Iron: Michael Fordyce

TO: Ben Fortin

Is what I heard.

Albert Pilkington- Tac optics.

Ben Fortin-citizenship award

Barry Dueck-.22 rimfire division.

Bryan Ray-top lady

Pete Laub-top junior

Chad Adams-special needs division

Jesse Tittichaser-kareoke divison

Rob Romero-why not just kick me in the balls and get it over with divison

One more night drinking in the hotel lobby, and I think I have this scoring problem licked.

Thank you to Kirk, Larry, all of the ROs and the Marines for all of the hard work. The stages were great, and I had a damn good time shooting them! Without their efforts, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to shoot the match. Thank you!

Thank you also to my fellow shooters for buying the raffle tickets for the items that Brownell's and XS Sights donated. Both raffles were to raise money to help veterans organizations. In the case Of the Mossberg 930 that we(XS Sights) donated, the money is going to HAVA (http://www.honoredveterans.org/) to help get injured veterans out on the range and out hunting. Thank you all for the help!

Thank you also for donating to the Marines for the Marine Corps Ball. They came out to help, and it was definitely nice having them out there to help set the stages. Thank you!

Monte Long

Great match! excellent stages , ALOT of hard work by Kirk , Larry , & Robert

Kirk our sympathies and prayers for you and your family for the loss of your sister .

Then the computer crash with the scores!!?? A lessor man would have quit and walked away , I am honored to know and work with you!!!

Thanks to squad 18 for being an awesome bunch! It was great to meet the new bunch, shoot with the OLD bunch...(did that come out wrong?) :surprise: I shall think about my puppy and am still proud of the fact that people lost by betting on me to say the F-bomb and I didn't! (Okay, it may never happen again! Freak of nature!) :roflol:

I had a LOT of fun! Thanks to everyone for all their hard work!

Congrats to Katie Harris for top TO lady, top Junior and a top 30 finish!!! She rocked!

Everyone complained about the mud last year, there's an inch of claydust on and in my car! Be careful what you wish for!

Take care,

Denise

We had a great time shooting this match. Thank you to Kirk, Larry, all of the ROs who worked their asses off to put this Match on. Thanks to all the sponsors who donate money and product to keep us all hopefull of a top finish. Thanks to 3GN for their innovative involvement bringing our amazing sport to a previously unimagined level.

Living in the area, I was able to make brief visits to the range while the guys were setting up and I can tell you that Kirk, Kenny, Robert Heffner and a host of other VOLUNTEERS worked tireless long hours to bring this match together. Before you log on to voice your complaints with the outcome (which is your right!), try to take a step back and think about what it would have been like to be the MD and realize you could not gets the final scores out. A tough spot for sure.

Squad 6 included Team Geezer and a Texas contingent that made a fine showing. Thank you Lonny and Andrew for all the advice and to the rest of the squad for helping take care of our older shooters including my Dad. You are a fine group of men and make Texas proud.

Finally, congratulations to Rustin Bernskoetter. A private unsponsored shooter in his first shoot off making it to the finals against Daniel Horner. How cool was that to watch? We will see more of Rustin, and what a great ambassador for our sport.

Awesome match. Had a blast with those damn mini-poppers...hard bastards but fun. The dust was insane,was wishing for some sprinkles of rain,dust was pissing off my allergys bigtime.

Kirk you are an awesome dude to talk to,thanks for the good times.

It for sure sucked about the computers crashing but Kirk did what he could with what he had.

Even if you just post the stages we can add them up on our own :)

Enjoyed the match and especially shooting with all the great guys on Squad 19. Thanks to all the folks who put in lots of work to make it happen. I had to leave after my last stage so I got all my info on the scoring and prize table debacle second-hand; very sorry to see an otherwise good match end on such a sour note.

Saw the e-mail note from Misty - I really hope the scores get sorted out and posted at some point (even stage scores would be better than nothing for an interim solution). The scoring issue does beg the question - how were the 3Gun Nation shoot-off folks selected if final scores couldn't be computed??

After talking with a lot of other shooters, I sense the vast majority simply don't care for the 3Gun Nation Shoot-off in it's current form. While fun to watch and a great incentive for the upper-tier shooters, the Shoot-off represents nothing more than a mandatory depature delay for 95% of competitors - most of whom have a long drive ahead of them following the prize table. Aside from the occasional dark-horse (congrats to Rustin!), it's usually no great surprise who'll be in the shoot-off.

Enjoyed the match and especially shooting with all the great guys on Squad 19. Thanks to all the folks who put in lots of work to make it happen. I had to leave after my last stage so I got all my info on the scoring and prize table debacle second-hand; very sorry to see an otherwise good match end on such a sour note.

Saw the e-mail note from Misty - I really hope the scores get sorted out and posted at some point (even stage scores would be better than nothing for an interim solution). The scoring issue does beg the question - how were the 3Gun Nation shoot-off folks selected if final scores couldn't be computed??

After talking with a lot of other shooters, I sense the vast majority simply don't care for the 3Gun Nation Shoot-off in it's current form. While fun to watch and a great incentive for the upper-tier shooters, the Shoot-off represents nothing more than a mandatory depature delay for 95% of competitors - most of whom have a long drive ahead of them following the prize table. Aside from the occasional dark-horse (congrats to Rustin!), it's usually no great surprise who'll be in the shoot-off.

While I agree that it definitely delays things......they have brought so many new sponsors to our sport, its amazing. In our current economy, the prize tables keep getting bigger and bigger. I think maybe they could get it started earlier during the normal delay while finalizing stats. Keep an eye out for Rustin, I dont think this will be his last shoot off!!! Congrats Bro!!

thats nice, Jesse; but wheres video of that barn burner finish on the team event? lol!

Great finish Mike. I dont mean to be a buzzkill on the team shoot, but since when did they start making the competitors ground a safe gun? Ive talked to several shoot off competitors who said they always just put it down. When I shot it at BRM3G two years ago, it was just "ground the gun". Watch all the previous shootoffs and you dont seem to see the guns going on safe. I may be wrong, but I thought it was a crappy call.

While I agree that it definitely delays things......they have brought so many new sponsors to our sport, its amazing. In our current economy, the prize tables keep getting bigger and bigger. I think maybe they could get it started earlier during the normal delay while finalizing stats. Keep an eye out for Rustin, I dont think this will be his last shoot off!!! Congrats Bro!!

Well said Chad. Nobody likes leaving early but everyone likes the bigger prize tables that are a direct result of TV cameras at our match.

it was pretty easy to figure out who won the divisons. Those 2-3 individuals battling it out knew who won. Bruce Piatt, Tony Holmes, Kalani Laker, Rustin and I figured out who was 1-7 in TO at about 2:00 Sunday afternoon.

Here is Chris Andersen tearing it up. I think he actually was 1st in irons until proven otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5u6z7_Bprw

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Totally agree that 3Gun Nation is a great thing for our sport, but the current format isn't getting buy-in from the majority of shooters. I'm all for the shoot-off getting started earlier - anything to get things wrapped up quickly on the final match day.

thats nice, Jesse; but wheres video of that barn burner finish on the team event? lol!

Great finish Mike. I dont mean to be a buzzkill on the team shoot, but since when did they start making the competitors ground a safe gun? Ive talked to several shoot off competitors who said they always just put it down. When I shot it at BRM3G two years ago, it was just "ground the gun". Watch all the previous shootoffs and you dont seem to see the guns going on safe. I may be wrong, but I thought it was a crappy call.

yeah, but I didnt care; I made sure that my other two teammates knew it was just one of those things that happens, and that is was an honor just to get to shoot with them, and to actually shoot and hit steel was reward in itself!

Apparently those Stag Arms techwear shirts come in extra long sizes and have a horeshoe sewn into the back bottom of them. :goof:

Just my .02 , It's great the sponser $$ they bring , but I'd MUCH rather see the top shooters/along with a few avg.shooters , shooting some actual stages . The fact that Rustin made in was nice to see , but other than that , it's just a time delay/filler until the final scores.

I really liked the random drawing for the prize , I was in the tent helping, if you coulda seen the guys who were drawn early winning some stuff they likley would NEVER have a chance at ,would probably draw more new shooters than any ad campain or TV show.

I bet the guy whose name was called first will be telling everybody he knows what he won at O3GC :cheers:

Still need a good way to recognise the top shooters , but many of the top guys don't need or want the rifles that most others only dream of. Kinda like the difference between me getting $5.00 for the candy store or my 3 year old Grand Daughter . Sure it's nice for me , but for her it's beyond anything she thought possible.

Edited by toothandnail

Kinda like the difference between me getting $5.00 for the candy store or my 3 year old Grand Daughter . Sure it's nice for me , but for her it's beyond anything she thought possible.

That is part of growing up. Teach a work ethic to work hard and get the reward for same. Getting a reward for being mediocre does not bring in new shooters nor does it help the sport. Some shooters got rewarded for the glitches in the results/scoring program, but many got robbed as well, overall, not a good thing.

Sure wish the ROs would not have helped some shooters with missed targets, would have made it a fairer contest.

Thanks to the staff for the long days working the match. I know the criticism afterwards can be rough, but know that most of us really do appreciate the work you all put in.

I'd like to thank Kirk, Larry, all of the ROs, and the sponsors for their hard work putting on this match. This was my first "major" match, and it proved to be plenty challenging and a lot of fun! It was nothing like our local 3-gun matches that I am used to, and it exploited my many weaknesses.

Squad 18 was a blast to shoot with, and you were all very helpful to this newby - I've memories that I'll not soon forget and hope to have the priveledge to shoot with you all again. The sponsors really went all out, the prize table was indeed something to behold. And getting to watch Mr. Daniel Horner shoot a few stages was icing on the cake - smooth as silk and fast as lightning, my congratulations to you on a fine shoot-off win!

Thanks again for an enjoyable, challenging, match format,

Bill Meuser

Just my .02 , It's great the sponser $$ they bring , but I'd MUCH rather see the top shooters/along with a few avg.shooters , shooting some actual stages . The fact that Rustin made in was nice to see , but other than that , it's just a time delay/filler until the final scores.

I really liked the random drawing for the prize , I was in the tent helping, if you coulda seen the guys who were drawn early winning some stuff they likley would NEVER have a chance at ,would probably draw more new shooters than any ad campain or TV show.

I bet the guy whose name was called first will be telling everybody he knows what he won at O3GC :cheers:

Still need a good way to recognise the top shooters , but many of the top guys don't need or want the rifles that most others only dream of. Kinda like the difference between me getting $5.00 for the candy store or my 3 year old Grand Daughter . Sure it's nice for me , but for her it's beyond anything she thought possible.

The top guys deserve the top prizes. They spend countless hours and money practicing to get that good. You are right, they dont need the rifles. They usually sell them to buy more practice ammo, or pay for their next match fee. Im pretty sure there were some pissed off shooters who were in the top 10 and received a t-shirt and glock pen for their efforts.