Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okie Dokie folks. It's oficially official. We are throwing the 7th annual 29th birthday party for Team Accurate Iron and Team Stag Arm's hottest cheerleader, aka my wife Tara. The party will be piggy backing on the match BBQ down at the pavillion/pool area down by the water So after Kirk's work is done and everyone is loosened up from a few adult beverages we have a DJ/Karaoke machine being setup along with another keg of Bud Light. I anticipate the music to start around 7ish or whenever Kirk says "let's rock". We hope to see everyone there to celebrate with us. :cheers:

OK...as the Range Master, I am responsible for all safety related to the match. Last year Taran Butler tried to drown himself by faling into the pool, luckily the cover was still on! Phil Strader was able to revive Taran with some good CPR (chest compressions only for some reason he did not want to do mouth to mouth). In light of this incident, we will require everyone attending to wear a floatation device. So here is the deal, I think Tara should vote on the best birthday floatation device at the party.

This should be interesting!

Kirk/Jesse your thoughts????

Larry

Okie Dokie folks. It's oficially official. We are throwing the 7th annual 29th birthday party for Team Accurate Iron and Team Stag Arm's hottest cheerleader, aka my wife Tara. The party will be piggy backing on the match BBQ down at the pavillion/pool area down by the water So after Kirk's work is done and everyone is loosened up from a few adult beverages we have a DJ/Karaoke machine being setup along with another keg of Bud Light. I anticipate the music to start around 7ish or whenever Kirk says "let's rock". We hope to see everyone there to celebrate with us. :cheers:

Sweet!

Gotta love starting on the blind stage........

The one squad of the entire match for which it will actually be a mystery! :cheers:

Ugh! The only thing I dislike more than prop guns are blind stages. Good thing I shoot it in Sunday after everyone has a mouth full of talking fluids Saturday night.

Here is the video from 2010 and 2009 for those that want to get pumped up for the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIJSfwPLoGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNiOfHZDJo&feature=channel_video_title

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Punch in these GPS coordinates in Google Map...38.039371, -92.651943

Or try this link: http://www.google.com/search?q=38.039371%2C-92.651943&rls=com.microsoft:*&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

This is the entrance to the property where last year's match was held and I was told (not confirmed) that it is in the same property again for this year.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Hotel in Camdenton last year which was actually closer and less traffic to get out to the property.

Reposting this for everyone to find easier.

Can anybody tell me what the best way to come up off I44 is? Looks like taking Hwy 5 out of Lebanon to Hwy 54 in Camdenton?

I saw some pics on Matt Burkett's Predator Tactical facebook page.

Just curious....what time will the 3gun nation man vs. man shoot off be on Sunday?

I might just make the drive down there, maybe catch a few of the regular stages, and the shoot off, so I can see how the big 3 gun matches do it (run things).

I am half tempted to bring Casper with me (look to the left, the now not so little guy in my avatar pic), but I don't know if he is gun shy or not.

If he starts acting up, I can just stick him back in the truck.

I am wondering how the ranges are or will be holding up with all the forecasted rain/T-storms???

I just wanted to let everyone know that I cancelled the DJ/Karaoke that I was going to have down by the water after the match BBQ. I did so because the hotel is having it's own DJ/Karaoke in the bar at 9:00. I also moved the keg I purchased up to the Bar area.

There are still two kegs of free beer at the match BBQ down by the water so we will see you there right after shooting is through. Then we can all progress to the hotel bar so we can float another one and celebrate my wife's conception!

Kirk was asking about an inexpensive way to build a compound earlier. I already took a look at the stages on the forconquest .pdf. Just for future reference though...I always thought that some patented scaffolding system would work. There are two very similar types that go up quickly. One is called "Q.E.S." which stands for Quick Erect System (you can stop laughing now, that's really what it is called). The other is "AT-PAC"

They go together like this:

Scaffolding-2-300x250.jpg

This is AT-PAC's website:

http://at-pac.com/

I don't have a clue as to how much they would charge to rent out scaffold parts.

Here are more pics for "sure lock scaffold":

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1025&bih=849&q=at-pac+scaffold&gbv=2&oq=at-pac+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1715l5729l0l5960l15l15l0l10l1l1l294l1124l0.1.4l5l0#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=sure+lock+scaffold&pbx=1&oq=sure+lock+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=82183l88654l0l88965l32l25l0l9l9l6l505l3780l0.2.9.2.0.1l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=417987e0fc4a00c4&biw=1025&bih=849

Just use tarps zip tied to the scaffold to make walls. Make sure the scaffold is anchored down to the ground.

Each of the patented scaffolding systems have their own stairs which make it easy and safe to get from one floor to the next, if you wanted to do a multi-floored compound like what Kirk had originally posted about.

If you build it I will come, literally!

Maybe next year, Jesse.

Chills,

Unlike last year, it appears that 3Gun Nation is mixing up the shootoffs this year. Not only adding a Barrett at RM3G, but the order of guns fired and targets. It might just be worth the ride.

Thanks Dan! :cheers:

I guess by Barret you mean the .50 BMG "sniper rifle"???

Do these coordinates still work for the match location:

http://www.google.com/search?q=38.039371%2C-92.651943&rls=com.microsoft:*&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

????

Google maps says it is 202 miles, or 3 hours and 37 minutes for me.

This was my favorite match after the first two years. This year was nothing less.

I also wanted to say that you should be ashamed of yourselves to all of the shooters that did not come down to watch and support your fellow shooters and 3 Gun Nation during the shoot off!!! I know the clusterfuk way things were setup on opposite ends of the range made it difficult but 3 Gun Nation is bringing our sport to the masses. It has been a big reason why our prize table are bigger than ever and more shooters like me have sponsors.

Thanks to the RO's. You guys fought through some grueling bad targets that didn't flash when hit or were broken altogether. Your hard work is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks to the Marines that help set steel for 3 days.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser