Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV N320 or N340 for Limited STI ?

Ingles

I've been using Win Super Field and Berry's or Montana's 180 bullets on my STI blaster, but decided to change to VV powders. Should I start with N320, which burns like the Win 231, or should I go with the VV N340, which is more like the Win Super Field ??

Also, I was shooting last Saturday using Berry's 180FP and WSF combination and the gun was smoking a lot. It was very cold that morning (45 deg F), is the temp the reason for the smoke or is the Berry's bullets causing the issue??

Here is a video: youtube.com/watch?v=y5FYmG43POM

I've shot a lot of Barry's bullets before and never remember it smoking that much, what are your loads chrono'ed at? I've not used WSF in the last 20 years or ever with Barrys. Seems more like the powder or combination of the powder and temp. Is this the first time you've had this combo (Barry/WSF)?

I'm very partial to N320 now but I haven't tried it with a 180. Seems like it would be a great combination. After doing a few searches, here are few links to check out:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121671&st=0&p=1375338&hl=+n320%20+180&fromsearch=1entry1375338

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112240&hl=%20n320%20%20180&st=0

Hey guys, thank you very much for the info!!

Gng4life: that combo chronoed at 925 during the summer, but only 898 that day. Not the first time I used it, but it's been almost a year since I shot last (Divorce...), and I think I was using W 231 last time ...

Will order some N320 ASAP.

Thanks again,

Miguel.

Gng4life: that combo chronoed at 925 during the summer, but only 898 that day. Not the first time I used it, but it's been almost a year since I shot last (Divorce...), and I think I was using W 231 last time ...

Thanks again,

Miguel.

Yeah, usually shooting the significant other will get you divorced roflol.gif

Powder Valley has a great price on it, that's where I get it from.

Edited by gng4life

Thanks again,

Miguel.

Yeah, usually shooting the significant other will get you divorced roflol.gif

Powder Valley has a great price on it, that's where I get it from.

They only have 1 pounders in stock for N320 right now. The 4 pounders have been sold out. I have been waiting for them to get back in stock so I can place an order.

VV N320 for almost everything; 9/40/45. Burns clean. I get very very consistent loads from batch to batch. I have chrono data from A2 and Nationals going back about six years. Same load recipe and same results. I never sweat chrono.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much guys !! Funny comment on the divorce thing !!

Checked w/ Powder Valley and was told two weeks. :)

Too bad you're not local, I have 16 lbs that I am going to try to sell since I'm not shooting limited anymore. N320 is the way to go with 40.

I was using 5.2g and 180g MG FMJ's at 1.160 - 1.185 (Depending on the gun).

I think most of us who use Vit powders for Limited/Production use N320. Its so popular that PV was sold out completely a few weeks ago (the 24 pounds I just got from them may have something to do with it :roflol::roflol: ) N320 is the bomb

Curse you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

N 320

Checking the HODGDON burn rate chart and style powder, it's very close to Win 231 or HP-38, should meter about the same.

Has anyone done any compare checks??

I have loaded some 9MM with HP-38. It had a lil Bark and Bite to it that I didn't like. But I am old and contrary. LOL

Perry

I am loading N320 and have liked it so far, 180 MG cmj, 5.0 grn @ 1.135. That made 174 out of a sti with an aftermarket barrel, made 184 out of the factory barrel...now working on getting it down to 170.