Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1990 Golden Gate Championship

outerlimits

Ouch! That faceplant at 2:06 didn't look good. I rewatched it and it looks like they have to finish the stage by shooting Under the car, correct?

Which range was this at? I am looking at the berm design.

Edited by Modoc

This video was before my time, but I recognise this range as the Richmond Rod & Gun Club, home of the Richmond Hotshots, in Richmond CA. Though the Golden Gate Championship is no more, the Richmond Hotshots is a thriving action pistol club in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Ouch! That faceplant at 2:06 didn't look good. I rewatched it and it looks like they have to finish the stage by shooting Under the car, correct?

Richmond Rod and Gun Club. Where Golden Bullet Championships is sometimes held.

I believe that shooter you are referring to is Mr. President Mike Voigt...

I think that was before there was a wall separating the 200 yard line from what is now Bay 1. Bay 1 was later split into two narrower bays. The first stage looks like a combination bay 3 and bay 4 before it too was split up. Pretty cool old video...

Brian going 15 shots in a row is about as trick as it got back then. He skipped 2 out of 3 mag changes.

Team uniforms may be more high-tech now but nothing beats the look of 1990 Team Springfield, Team S&W, and Team Colt.

Nobody can beat the paychecks from back then either. "Pro shooter" was the real deal.

Edited by eric nielsen

Why don't you guys wear 'em for golden bullet??

1. I don't think anybody else knows they're there (I just stumbled across them in a clean up).

2. It'd be like wearing those old style high profile baseball caps and knee high white athletic socks with the top stripes - really dated, and I don't need to look as old as I feel :P