Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he is paying the match fee, Gas, Hotel and food I can't afford it. I am putting in an application for a part time job this week to try to earn extra cash. Whoever thought we would be paying nearly $4.00 a gallon for gas or almost the same for milk. Things are just getting way too tight.

Do RO's need to be certified USPSA RO's?

I doesn't hurt, but it's not required.

To everyone else,

At this point, I don't have nearly enough shooters or RO's to make this match happen. I'm 62 PAID shooters away from the break-even point, and I need another 12-14 experienced Range officers.

If you plan to attend this year's Pro-Am or would like to RO, PLEASE ensure that you send your applications soon.

I've attached the registration, and RO/Staff can CLICK HERE for more information to help.

Hopefully, things will come together, and we'll be able to pull this off. BUT, if I don't have at least 100 paid entries by June 1st, I will be forced to cancel the match.

FYI, I'm only up to $51,000 on the prize table ($20,000 of that in firearms), but I've still got A LOT more sponsors to contact.

Thanks!

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

:surprise: I guess we'll get to through the prize table several times then right? Come on folks you WANT TO SHOOT THIS MATCH!

This match is my MUST ATTEND match of the year. Given the choice betweent this match and Nationals, I'll attend the ProAm everytime! Prize table is unreal. I love shooting all steel with par times. Nevermind the Pro's that show up to shoot this..

For those of you that are "too far" to drive: Ship your stuff and fly! Delta is nearly as cheap as Allegiant!

Chris, that $99 flight is one way with no checked bags, Monday and Friday flights only. Then add the $9.99 seat fee and $15 premium boarding fee and it's right there with Delta. Fly with 4 people, share the rental, bunk up at least 2 per room. Current price I figured through Delta was $250 round trip per person. We can't drive to Tulsa and back for that.

Chris, that $99 flight is one way with no checked bags, Monday and Friday flights only. Then add the $9.99 seat fee and $15 premium boarding fee and it's right there with Delta. Fly with 4 people, share the rental, bunk up at least 2 per room. Current price I figured through Delta was $250 round trip per person. We can't drive to Tulsa and back for that.

<_< Not sure what airline you are looking at, I flew Airtran. $99 down, and $99 back. $20 checked bag each way, makes it $120 each way, IF you check a bag. But like you said if you ship everything, then just bring a carry-on. I did not pay any "seat fees" or "premium boarding fees" Total trip expense was $240. And I'd still call that CHEAP with gasoline at $3.90 a gallon.

So if I'm reading this right I can:

Shoot both divisions Friday for $100. RO Sat/Sun. Lunch/Hotel provided. Go to prize table as a competitor. Get extra loot at RO appreciation deal.

This is looking very attractive!

I hadn't looked at Airtran. Looked at Allegiant since they advertise Lexington to Orlando for $79. They are the ones that hit you up for extras. Allegiant wants $39 for your first checked bag. I've flown with firearms on Delta for 10 years with no issues. 8lbs of ammo limit though.

Still good info for those on the fence. We'll be flying into Orlando.

I love this match, but if we're not sure it's going to happen, I can't commit on a $650 non refundable airplane ticket. Wish it were in Tulsa, but stuff happens. Increasing oil prices don't help either. I hope to see everyone there.

Seiichi

I think I'm in for this one. My wife are thinking about shooting it Friday, heading up to Disney with the kids, and coming back for the awards ceremony Sunday. Should make for a nice summer vacation.

Thanks for all of the support! I've got 44 paid entries thus far. I know that when I lived near there, Area 6 & 8 shooters typically waited pretty late to send in their stuff. I think Manny told me they only had 40% of the Area 6 full two weeks before the match (or maybe it was the FL Open).

Unfortunately, that won't be an option for me. Please spread the word to get people to send their stuff within the next month! I've not heard from the possible future owners of USSA yet, but I hope to get next year's venue nailed down if things move forward there.

I wish you all could come, but I definitely understand why many of you can't...especially now that I'm actually working for a living!

I'm praying that things will work out, and we'll have another great event.

Thanks,

Phil Strader

Thanks for all of the support! I've got 44 paid entries thus far. I know that when I lived near there, Area 6 & 8 shooters typically waited pretty late to send in their stuff. I think Manny told me they only had 40% of the Area 6 full two weeks before the match (or maybe it was the FL Open).

{some content removed}

Phil Strader

Must have been the FL Open. Manny was not involved with the Area 6 registration & had no idea of our numbers. The Area 6 had 337 shooters registered 2 weeks before the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

Phil,

We're hoping for the best and doing what we can for your match. Made an announcement at the local club match in Orlando and handed out some pre printed applications. Most of the guys ( over 100 in attendance ) hadn't heard about it. I'm looking forward to shooting the match this year if possible.

And if anyone has a spare open rig I can borrow I'll sign up for that as well :surprise:

Edited by 5early

{some content removed}

Phil Strader

Must have been the FL Open. Manny was not involved with the Area 6 registration & had no idea of our numbers. The Area 6 had 337 shooters registered 2 weeks before the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

It was the FL Open. Thanks Linda!

How is the entrys going so far? I want to shoot this match and dont want it canceled. Are you getting close to the number you need?

Not really. Since posting here, I've only had 11 more entries.

Phil,

We're hoping for the best and doing what we can for your match. Made an announcement at the local club match in Orlando and handed out some pre printed applications. Most of the guys ( over 100 in attendance ) hadn't heard about it. I'm looking forward to shooting the match this year if possible.

And if anyone has a spare open rig I can borrow I'll sign up for that as well :surprise:

Awesome! That's the kind of support I need. I'm trying once again to gain USPSA sanctioning, but I've got a feeling that the stages will not be approved. Although the I use USPSA safety rules, the match is just a bit too different than USPSA. I'm still applying, and willing to pay the per/shooter fee, but we'll see how it works out.

I do have some good news, though. It seems that Australia approached IPSC to approve Pro-Am as a recognized shooting sport, and it happened. Now, Australia will have their own Pro-Am Shooting Championship. We'll need to adjust the logo a bit, since they don't shoot poppers with the top tabs, but that's super cool!

For those of you who have mailing lists in the southeast, please spread the word about this event. I PROMISE, you'll never have this much fun at a pistol match! I hear the prize table won't be bad, either!

Thanks for all of the encouraging words!

Phil

www.proamshooting.com

Hey Phil, I should be able to make it this year. To everyone else that hasn't tried it yet, the Pro-Am is probably the most fun match you'll shoot all year. However, FYI, the match is NOT on the USPSA website under "Special Matches." That's how I found out about it in 2010, so you might get a little more participation if it's linked.

Think I am going to be able to shoot this, heard that a lot will shoot both the Open and Limited with their limited guns. Thought I saw someplace, but could not find it- does that mean that they go to 2 different prize tables (or 2 trips if only one) based on their finish? Also, what about those who cannot stay until Sun. after the match? I only have experience with regular USPSA matches so far, new to me.

Did see it the last few years on TV and looks like a blast, now that it is closer I figure I had better find a way to go! Hope that the apps start coming in to keep the match on. Will send the info to those I know around here, send and email to the local USPSA club and also post at the gun club.

Thanks