Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 8 Championship - Sept. 1-4

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 4 and the stages are just incredible!!!!!!!!! We have had a great turn out for help over the past 4 days. I credit them all completley for making them simply amazing. Tomorrow will be targets and some fine polishing of the stages. I want to thank everyone who has helped with getting our match built. I also want to thank all of our staff that are about to work this match. Our volunteer's are the backbone of our great clubs, sections and Area 8. Lew Walker said it best, "Its the year of the shooter"! This match is certainly going to be a tribute, to you our competitors. Thanks, Harry.

Great match! Good stages, staff was polite and everything was well organized.

I was fortunate to be in squad 12 with a great group of competitors who each did their fair share of pasting/resetting to keep things moving right along. Plus, they were even nice to me being the only yankee in the squad :D

Great match this weekend! The stages were challenging and a lot of fun. Everything was well-organized and ran like clockwork. Great group of shooters on squad 33 too! While I certainly didn't shoot as well as I would have liked, the match was a blast and that's what it's all about. Considering that 2 weeks ago I didn't think I'd get to go to to a knee injury, it's even better!

Fabulous match guys! Got in at the last minute, and had a great time! Everyone worked hard to put on a great show, and I enjoyed every minute of it! :cheers:

The weather was pleasant, the stages were challenging, and the staff was fantastic. Made some new friends from MD, and got to see and hang out with some wonderful old friends! Couldn't ask for more! :)

Congrats!

Oh and Happy Birthday George! :rolleyes:

A big thank you to all you came out this weekend and attended the EGW area 8 match!

A big thank you to the sponsors of the match!

But my biggest thank you go's to the staff that made it happen, these guys and gals are the best there are.

Jeff

And the winner of the Greeley Custom Limited gun was Kelly Cobean!

Congratulations Kelly! We collected over 2000.00 which will be used to benefit juniors in Area 8.

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!! Thanks Jeff and a gigantic THANK YOU!!! to Kevin @ Greeley Custom for providing this great gun! My son Ethan attended the Area 8 junior camp this year and that's where we first saw the gun. He learned a TON from the instructors who gave so graciously of their time. It won't be long until he's out-shooting me.

I can't wait to get that bad boy out to the range!!!

ETA: I'd like to thank George, Harry and the dozens of other volunteers who worked so hard to make the Area 8 Championship happen. I shot on Thursday with the staff & vendors and even on day one, the stages ran smoothly and efficiently and I had a great time. I know it was a ton of work to put this match on the ground, so thanks guys!

Edited by kcobean

This years' Area 8 was a whole new ball of wax for me. I finished exactly where I expected to, I didn't feel any pressure, and my lungs, liver, kidneys, and wallet are all functioning without surgery.

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Good Morning,

This was the first USPSA level III match for Joanna and myself. What a great time we had! The drive from PA was not bad and the weather on Friday was perfect. We also shot with a great squad, and a quick squad too as we were done first. All the comments about good stages and great staff are certainly true.

I know that I could have done some things differently and finshed a little better, but I won one stage in Revolver division and finished 1st in C class. Now, we will be planning to shoot more major USPSA matches.

a few random notes on the match:

1. the RO package at this match was awesome...every single RO walked away with at least one gift/prize (and since most were also shooters, most got more than one). plus free hotel room, some free food and drinks, and a match admin staff that really looked out for us.

2. no rain. yeah, they got some during set-up, but no rain on any of the shooting days.

3. the crazy jack burgers were pretty darned good.

4. mike gottlieb...thanks for sponsoring a really nice RO banquet catered by famous dave's.

5. i think we finished on time or ahead of schedule every day.

6. i really liked the stages.

7. i worked on stage 5 and watched every shooter on fri/sat/sun...and every single one of them had their finger off the trigger as they moved towards the bridge after shooting the steel (including the guy the fell in the above video...falling sucks, but getting DQ'ed along with it would have been a lot worse).

8. i didn't count, but it seemed like at least 50 people helped with tear down...

9. jeff salzberg (match director), eric paradisi (sponsor coordinator), rob burkindine (stats), lew walker (stage designer/builder), george jones (range master) and harry foltz (area 8 director)...thanks to all of you guys for organizing a great match.

10. the sponsors provided an unbelievable amount of support for the match...it's a long list, but deserves another mention:

2011 EGW Area 8 Championship Sponsors

EGW (Match Sponsor)

DIVISION SPONSORS

Predator Tactical (Limited)

Millennium Custom (L-10)

SVI (Open)

Glock (Production)

Warren Tactical (Single Stack)

Hatfield’s Gunsmithing (Revolver)

STAGE SPONSORS

Brownell’s

C-More

Direct Action Tactical

FNH, USA

Jager Products

Montana Gold

NEVCO Targets

SIG

Springfield Armory

Virginia Arms

GOLD SPONSORS

Action Targets

Atlanta Arms

Brian Enos

CPWSA

CR Speed

Ear-Inc.

I-Shot

MGM Targets

Para USA

Red Dot Shooting

Starline

Trijicon

Unique-Tek

ADDITIONAL SPONSORS

CED (Chrono)

Rudy Project (Eyewear)

Greeley Custom (Juniors)

Michael Gottlieb (Staff Banquet)

Shooter’s Conection (Targets/Pasters)

Techwear (Staff Shirts)

Hey, Harry just called me from I95 and had news on the shotgun results, (he did post them on the area 8 web page too)

Ken Ortbach won the drawing for the FNH SLP Shotgun

Paul Dandini won the drawing for the static steel target set from GT Targets

Brett Simon won the Stage 1 speed shoot in 2.98 seconds and gets the 5 pc. steel target set from Nevco Targets

Mike Dame won the aggregate score for Stage 2 & 3 and gets a 6 Pack of paper stands from GT Targets

Colin Wynne was 2nd place on the Stage 2 & 3 and gets the Hodgdon Range Bag

Lee Wills was HOA Junior and gets a set of 3 paper target stands from GT Targets

Edited by Karl @ GT