Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite 2011 followers

oak hill

I use STI tubes, and have been very happy with Grams springs and followers. Grams have a little more room than stock STI, though the Bolens leave more room in the mag than the Grams. Grams have been more reliable for me than the Bolens.

Hello: You can use Bolen followers and springs in STI mags if the bodies are not too wide. The Grams follower and spring work well in the STI tubes but the spring gets weak quickly. In the 40 STI mags I like the Dawson followers and ISMI springs best. For the SVI mags the old style one with no script I use Bolen followers and springs in the 40 and 9mm/38 tubes. As for base pads pick one and check the gauge to make sure it fits :cheers: I forgot to add for IDPA use either the stock STI or SVI followers and ISMI springs or 140mm STI springs in the 126mm mags. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

I am a +1 for the Grams springs and followers. I am using them in my Open and Limited mags (38 Sup and 40) and am very happy with them. I have tried the STI followers along with Arredondo and much prefer the Grams. Dawson +1 base pads also...