Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you a multi press household?

lumpygravy

Having read through a few threads, planning the purchase of a new press and wanting a larger bench (who doesn't?), I'm wondering if many out there in the Benoverse have multiple press setups on their bench and if so, what was the deciding factor or need for getting the second (or third...) press?

Just curious...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25+ years ago I started with a Lee turret press for .38 Special & .357 mag. Since then loaded .45 LC & .45 ACP on it.

9 years ago I started with this game and now have a 550 set up for .40 S&W, upgraded my old Lee turret press to handle the occasional special job and a Lee single stage press on which I load 6.8 Rem SPC.

I plan to add another 550 for other rifle calibers in the next few months which will cause me to build another bench and while I'm at it, remodel my shoot room.

My better half advised that I should take over 1/2 of the basement and didn't I "need more room for gun stuff?". :blink:

Oh yeah, I do. :cheers:

I finally jumped up to a 1050 a couple of months ago. I simply was spending too much time loading that could be better used for other things (like sleep, dry fire, etc). I have the 1050 set up for .38SC as that's what I shoot the most of. I have an SDB set up for .40, but also have complete conversions for .38SC and 9mm. On top of that I also have a turret press for rifle rounds, load development, or low volume stuff like 44-40 (might go through 100 of those a year). R,

Started reloading about 17 or 18 years ago on a friend's Rock Chucker. 15 years ago I decided to move up to a Dillon 650. With about 10 toolheads set up for individual calibers, I can load everything I need to. Since starting to shoot USPSA and IDPA a couple of years ago, most of what I load now is 9 and 40. I don't feel a need for another press. I'm spending that money on components and new blasters.

I have 2 Hornady "Projectors", their press before the LNL. One is set up for small primers, the other is for large. I use a single stage Pacific for my rifle calibers. I'm not a 3 gunner, varmints and an occasional prairie dog trip.

started loading on a lee single stage press, got into 'outlaw' practical shooting and realizing that what took me all week to load i was burning in a weekend, not good since it ballooned to 9 matches a month in a hurry, got the 550b, and never looked back, currently i have justthe 550b and 16 tool heads??? the current project is loading some .357/,44 bain and davis