Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surefire 60/100 Round Magazines

DyNo!

My surefires have been great. My 60 rounds ran perfectly all the way through the FB3G match.

During a practice session, I had one hangup where it stopped feeding - we were hitting the deck going prone. Not sure if it bumping the ground while inserted in the rifle caused that... it was unfortunate.

My nordic extension has also never missed a beat, but I have seen many others crap the bed.

I always carry my trusty USGI 30 rounders as a backup, but never needed one yet.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I treat mine like a STI mag, only clean ammo is loaded. If the mag hits the ground, it gets taken apart and wiped out and only clean ammo is loaded back in it. Overkill? Perhaps, but it hasent failed me once since I started this routine

I treat mine like a STI mag, only clean ammo is loaded. If the mag hits the ground, it gets taken apart and wiped out and only clean ammo is loaded back in it. Overkill? Perhaps, but it hasent failed me once since I started this routine

Any sugetions on who to buy from ? Is $125 the going price ?

Edited by AlamoShooter

Any sugetions on who to buy from ? Is $125 the going price ?

Here you go

http://www.powerfactorshooting.com/sure_fire_60_round_mag_Sale_p/surefire-60.htm

Feel free to drop by my room at Rockcastle with a fresh bottle of Maker's Mark. :cheers:

First two stages at the 5 Dogs Winter 3 Gun Classic. Trashed due to Surefire 60 round mag.

feeds the first 20 or so then becomes a giant bullet shaker (I will own up to every one of the missed hits on steel) but it's hard to miss if your mag won't feed your rifle.

owned it for 6 months . . .

never hit the dirt

never loaded ammo that had hit thte dirt

all was fine with the world till the first stage.

took it apart and cleaned it out,

put back together corectly

it got worse

maybe with no match this weekend I'll give it a good going over and see whats up. . .but for now it's back to the P-mags and the Nordic add ons.

I find mine has a fair amount of fore/aft rock. I've inserted into many different lowers all about the same. I tested it on a Mega lower and decked the mag pushing it fore/aft against the bench while shooting. Had one FTF out of 31 rounds. I did not fill the mag past 31. This was my initial test. Next will be full mags tested this weekend. Ran out of time last time.

Anyway, anyone have issues with monopoding with sensativity to fore/aft movement?

I have heard and seen issues with these with ammo loaded slightly long. They are more OAL sensitive than 30rd aluminum and PMAGs. I think the max OAL for the Surefire mags might be around 2.250". Any longer than that you may run into some issues. The way I came up with that length is, I had some rounds loaded at 2.245 and ran hundreds of rounds through it flawlessly. The last batch of ammo was loaded at 2.255 and at the Winter Classic I had on round not get stripped out of the mag. I didn't look to see what was going on since I was on the clock, but I assumed it hung up a bit and didn't pop up. I also saw my buddies mag run fine throughout a whole match but when he switched to longer loaded 68gr bullets for a long range steel stage, the mag turned into a maraca.

Edited by nheiny13

Anyway, anyone have issues with monopoding with sensativity to fore/aft movement?

Mine seems to run 100%, even when I monopod. After all, thats why I got it... if I just needed 60 on tap, I'd run my long double-PMAG stick.

I concur that OAL is critical. I run 55gr FMJ and Nosler Ballistic Tips.

The Surefire mags will not fit in the Noveske N4 Gen II lower...shy of the mag catch by about 1/8in:

SF7.jpg

SF1.jpg

Is that the new flared lower that Noveske is doing? I would think the the flared lowers would have no fitment issues.

OK I got one just today, from HKparts.net $94.95

the Follower drag near the top with just 4 rounds deep , = it was the metal lip insert needed a file job, removed the edges from the Follower too. It loads and unloads nice with the Lula.

It fits in side the Loki just fine with 60 rounds in it. my 2.230" to 2.235" worked fine after I smoothed out the inside (lip) that was at the insert connection.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I have used mine perhaps 4-5 times but this weekend mine became a 220 USD (yes, they're more here) maracas.

Didn't really use it in any hard conditions, no mag drops etc.

Expensive. Low quality.

Sambaballen.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

OAL length is critical as mentioned here, below is some video evidence - one of me shooting and one playing the maracas.

1) 55gr sp, OAL 2.203 - runs like a champ:

2) 55gr sp, OAL 2.229 - runs like a $125 maraca:

OK I got one just today, from HKparts.net $94.95

the Follower drag near the top with just 4 rounds deep , = it was the metal lip insert needed a file job, removed the edges from the Follower too. It loads and unloads nice with the Lula.

It fits in side the Loki just fine with 60 rounds in it. my 2.230" to 2.235" worked fine after I smoothed out the inside (lip) that was at the insert connection.

Looking forward to your feedback. I think there is some finish work to get it to run consistently.