Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spehling Korekted.;)

Also round counts posted and other info updated. Please take note that 00 Buck is required for one stage and is only allowed on that stage. Also if you haven't purchased a banquet ticket you still can. Check SMM3gun.com for details. We do have a prize table at the banquet and there are multiple firearms given away.

-ld

What kind of targets will we need to engage on the 00 stage?

I believe they are all paper. Of course stages/targets/etc... are subject to change.

-ld

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also round counts posted and other info updated. Please take note that 00 Buck is required for one stage and is only allowed on that stage.

I have two questions for match officials after reading the rules.

1. 6.1.7, Is a single hole considered to be a "significant piece visibly detached" or not?

2. 00 buck, Are you allowing flight control wads or not? Since it only says 00 buck, may I use 9 and 12 pellet 00 buck? Will the best 2 hits for 00 buck be scored, or some other method.

Thanks much!

Also round counts posted and other info updated. Please take note that 00 Buck is required for one stage and is only allowed on that stage.

1. 6.1.7, Is a single hole considered to be a "significant piece visibly detached" or not?

2. 00 buck, Are you allowing flight control wads or not? Since it only says 00 buck, may I use 9 and 12 pellet 00 buck? Will the best 2 hits for 00 buck be scored, or some other method.

Thanks much!

1. Was answered on another forum...

If you can see a pellet made a hole in the static clay, then a visible piece has been detached (i.e. a piece of the clay is visibly missing). We intended no change to the previous way of scoring... it's still "one BB hole = broken".

The "significant" part pertains more to flying clays... basically, we want to see a chunk come off, not just dust.

Edited by gose

Spehling Korekted.;)

Also round counts posted and other info updated. Please take note that 00 Buck is required for one stage and is only allowed on that stage. Also if you haven't purchased a banquet ticket you still can. Check SMM3gun.com for details. We do have a prize table at the banquet and there are multiple firearms given away.

-ld

What kind of targets will we need to engage on the 00 stage?

I believe they are all paper. Of course stages/targets/etc... are subject to change.

-ld

Almost correct - the stage will be mostly IPSC Metric targets plus a couple of Pepper Poppers.

Thanks much!

1. Was answered on another forum...

If you can see a pellet made a hole in the static clay, then a visible piece has been detached (i.e. a piece of the clay is visibly missing). We intended no change to the previous way of scoring... it's still "one BB hole = broken".

The "significant" part pertains more to flying clays... basically, we want to see a chunk come off, not just dust.

2: Any 00 buckshot should be OK, so long as the projectiles are lead or bismuth (i.e. no steel, tungsten etc., if such a load is available). Paper targets will be scored like pistol targets - one A/B or two hits anywhere (wad holes don't count, though, of course. ). Steel to fall. Basically, make sure you know your pattern out to, say, 20 yards.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

2: Any 00 buckshot should be OK, so long as the projectiles are lead or bismuth (i.e. no steel, tungsten etc., if such a load is available). Paper targets will be scored like pistol targets - one A/B or two hits anywhere (wad holes don't count, though, of course. ). Steel to fall. Basically, make sure you know your pattern out to, say, 20 yards.

So are the copper plated Federals ok?

Edited by gose

I think the horse is dead , but. the buck shot thing and ( Wad Holes do Not count ) So a shooter hits the target with one buckshot hole in the C zone and 3" away is the wad hole. How can it be said that a 00 buck shot did not go through the wad hole.

:unsure: Don't tell me this has never came up

Take this as a learning RO , so that When I have to make that call at another shoot the ruling will hold water

Edited by AlamoShooter

I think the horse is dead , but. the buck shot thing and ( Wad Holes do Not count ) So a shooter hits the target with one buckshot hole in the C zone and 3" away is the wad hole. How can it be said that a 00 buck shot did not go through the wad hole.

:unsure: Don't tell me this has never came up

Take this as a learning RO , so that When I have to make that call at another shoot the ruling will hold water

Wads don't penetrate target backers.

-ld

So are the copper plated Federals ok?

Yes, copper plated lead pellets are OK (same as FMJ pistol bullets). Basically we want to avoid ricochets off the steel targets.

• 2 weeks later...

Polle is the stats and registration expert for SMM3G. send her an email, (her email address is on the website). Dan is the MD, although he does drop in on the benos universe once ina while, it would be best to just send Polle an email...

jj

Polle is the stats and registration expert for SMM3G. send her an email, (her email address is on the website). Dan is the MD, although he does drop in on the benos universe once ina while, it would be best to just send Polle an email...

jj

Thanks JJ. I just googled the SMM3G appllication and sent them both a note. As I mentioned, my check was cashed so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Doug

My checked was cashed also and never received a confirmation from Polle. She responded within a couple of days of my email and had been very busy with other matches and was very apologetic. A few of us must have slipped between the cracks. A cashed check is a very good sign. :D

My checked was cashed also and never received a confirmation from Polle. She responded within a couple of days of my email and had been very busy with other matches and was very apologetic. A few of us must have slipped between the cracks. A cashed check is a very good sign. :D

I wonder if some just didn't see it, I just looked over my email and found the confirmation email. All it says is "You are on the match list." lol