Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I called Mossberg twice for the part, and even tried to talk to their tech department and I swear the guy was off the street with no clue lol

So far Mossberg has left me really wanting in service so I couldn't risk them not fixing it or taking forever.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah that sounds familiar as well. The shell wasn't even going into the chamber area lol Glad to hear that yours runs. What was the turn around time? Man I'am looking forward to getting to finish a match lol

Had him fix the feed issue, open up the loading port, weld up the lifter and a trigger job. Including the time he was at a match in Texas (which was 3 or 4 days), took three weeks total.

Well I got the rear shell stop finally and put it in today. Started out good enough but then started locking up again....the carrier is getting stuck on the shell stop,looked at the carrier and its slightly bent again so I tried to straighten it out. I fire some slugs and wouldn't cycle correctly so Iam sending it to Triangle Shooting Sports. Anyone else send theirs out? Fingers crossed. Their going to fix the 8 inch high @ 50 yards too.

When you get it fixed, am interested in the details; was shooting high corrected with higher front bead, bending barrel, increasing butstock drop?

I went with taller bead, but it looks funky compared to other SGs.

Thanks,

Mark

I tried to order a 22 or 24 inch one from my local dealer. They can'f find one. Does anyone know of any wholesalers that offer them?

I found a dealer in my home town that was able to get one for me in a week.And I had been waiting for months I can call and see if he can get more... just let me know I love mine shoots fast and very accurate with slugs

Edited by 60crewman

I used mine in a local 3gun this past weekend. Fired about 150 birdshot and several slugs with zero issues. So far, I am impressed with this shotgun. We'll see how it does in the long run.

Mine continues to run great. Except for....

Last match it became a single shot pull-bolt. WTF? Stopped the stage, went to the safe table, took it apart and HEY! How 'bout that!

Turns out that gas shotguns do in fact need the gas piston installed to run. Who woulda thunk THAT?!?

Later that day, after tearing apart my work area and storage cabinets vainly looking for the damn thing, and dealing with irrational, paranoid suspicions that some scumbag must have snuck into my safe and only taken the gas piston out and then kindly reassembled the shotgun before disappearing into the night, I recalled using the long barrel at a 5-stand practice session a month ago. Dug that barrel out of the back of the safe and there she was, stuck right in the long barrel.

D'oh! Lesson learned.

mossburg makes chokes for it, just order them. I had to file a bevel inside the factory mag tube & on the leading edge of the follower, installed a NORDIC tube & has been perfect.

+1 on that. I was pleased that the chokes from my old Mossberg 500 fit the gun and I have had no trouble filling in the gaps. Full sets are available as well.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/access.asp?type=chokes&section=access

Edited by mingaa

Since the JM Pro has come has anyone had better luck getting the 24" non ported barrel from mossberg. I called them today to order one and was told that the didn't carry non ported barrels for the 930. I sent Joe an email this evening to see if he could help. I guess I will wait to see what he says.

Since the JM Pro has come has anyone had better luck getting the 24" non ported barrel from mossberg. I called them today to order one and was told that the didn't carry non ported barrels for the 930. I sent Joe an email this evening to see if he could help. I guess I will wait to see what he says.

I was told the same thing when I called a few weeks back. I forgot to ask if they had a 28in version that was non ported as I made the mistake of cutting my waterfowl barrel down to 22. Now that I have a +8 extension the 22inch barrel seems like a bad idea lol.

There is nothing wrong with having your mag tube a little longer than your barrel.

It sticks out about 8.5-9in past the barrel. I am sure it will be fine but just for cosmetic reasons I want to get a longer barrel.

Just got a call from Triangle and the shotgun is fixed and in the mail! Had the pleasure to speak with Benny and he fixed the slug impact being so damn high and the lifter had to be replaced so he put in a c-rums lifter. I'am so excited about getting her back I cant wait for the weekend to be over lol

If you have any problems with a Mossberg...Benny is your man!

There is nothing wrong with having your mag tube a little longer than your barrel.

It sticks out about 8.5-9in past the barrel. I am sure it will be fine but just for cosmetic reasons I want to get a longer barrel.

Are you shooting open with it?

Are you shooting open with it?

Haven't ran any matches with it, the only match local to me was rained out last weekend. So far as I know as long as I don't load more than 9 in the tube before the sound of the buzzer there should be no reason it puts me in open. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

Uspsa stipulates "capacity" limits...

Not exactly, USPSA stipulates number of "rounds loaded".

Later,

Chuck

ETA: And that shall disappear if the new rules go into effect. ;)

Edited by ChuckS

• 2 weeks later...

you should ask nordic components

It's not their spring, so they wouldn't know where it came from.

All I know is that the JM 930 (8+1 model at least) shares the same spring with 930 SPX (7+1)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking my 24" 930 a lot, but wanted to make loading easier, so I decided to try my hand at some mods. This is the first time I've done this kind of work so I was a more than a little nervous. I still need to do a little clean-up work and will probably do some more tweaking, but here's how it went:

930port.jpg

930fend.jpg

How'd I do, and any other suggestions?

I am having a very hard time tracking down a 24" vent rib non ported barrel for my 930 SPX. Called Mossberg and they say it's not available, and yet I see others have bought from them before. Anyone in particular I should be asking for who might know?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice this on the bottom of your gas tube?

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

Check for a bur on the gas relief spring in the barrel. Both my 18" and 24" barrels scratched the crap out of the tube. I took a grinder to it and fixed the problem. If you want to have some real fun, take the spring out of the barrel! That's not really that much fun, but putting it back in is a blast!!!