Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nov BOD Meeting

Charles Bond

As I wrote earlier in this thread, the 4-step flow of self-service squadding is register people in ezws, upload to the website, let people squad themselves, download squadding choices back into ezws. Repeat as needed. The msaccess system doesn't fit into that. And yes, we're drifting.

Yup. That works.

And, there are nice controls that the MD has to manage the squads (size, number, etc.)

What could make it better? (shirt sizes in the database come to mind)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question (change?) would be this; Why do we allow Production to have Drop/Offset holsters but not Single Stack? And why do we let revo use race holsters? It seems a bit confusing but I'm sure there is a reason for this.

My only question (change?) would be this; Why do we allow Production to have Drop/Offset holsters but not Single Stack? And why do we let revo use race holsters? It seems a bit confusing but I'm sure there is a reason for this.

Legacy.

There was no Siglestack division to think of when Revo became a division. All the other divisions allowed freedom of race holsters...and placement on the belt. (Except for the "also new" Production division)

Production limited holsters. Production was loosely managed in USPSA at the beginning. So, the DOH got a foothold.

Singlestack Division came about as an off-shoot of the Single Stack Society...they didn't allow that holster.

RE: On-Line Squadding

It is quite possible some matches may find the use of a skilled squadmaster fits their needs better than self squadding. I find that self-service squadding works best for matches where registrations drift in over many weeks; assigning an initial squad; and letting people move around. It's not quite as useful for a match that fills on the first day from a lottery. When considering features, we need to concentrate on those that will help people who want to use such a system - not shove it down the throats of those MDs who feel that doing it themselves fits their need.

Self service squadding was created out of frustration - no matter how I tried, there was always someone who didn't get what they want, was not satisfied, showed up at the match and was unpleasantly surprised, etc. Self service squadding has, for those matches I administer, removed that headache.

RE: Match Results

Additional features will be forthcoming that will use locally uploaded club results. For example, you will eventually be able to get a report of all matches you have shot that are on file (of those uploaded since 10/1/2010 when we went to the new database method for storing results); examine your trend on percent of possible points shot; etc. Although these features are not yet in place, the structure to "data mine" the post 10/1/2010 matches is ... provided, of course, your club is posting to uspsa.org. Even if a club posts to its own site, I strongly urge that they also post to uspsa.org.

As an USPSA member for just over 4 years, I have enjoyed working my way up the ranks of the classification system. Currently, I have a mix of B and C classifications in all six divisions. I am currently working to obtain B class in each division. The different divisions have served as a motivation for the work that is needed for me to increase my scores. It also give me additional reasons for attending the USPSA matches in my area.

The article in the previous issue of Front Sight begun a idea that it would be worthwhile to create another division ‘Overall’ or ‘All-Around’ that incorporates members that have classifications in all six divisions. There would not be an additional division for shooting, but only a computational run each month that would list (as is done now for the ‘TOP 20’) the top 20 members of each classification. The ‘scores’ used would be the current average of the 6 divisions that each member already has. A member would be required to have a D or better in each to be included.

For myself and others that I have spoken with, it would serve as an additional motivation to continue an all around approach to the shooting sport. It would also serve to recognize those members that work on not only their favorite pistol, but work to become more proficient in each division.

The one downside that I see is that there would need to be additional programming done to the classification processing to accomplish this and updates to show the results on the webpage.

I recognize that many members do not have the desire or economic ability to obtain the necessary equipment for each division, so this recognition division is truly just a bonus for those dedicated shooters that want to strive to reach a truly ‘All-Around’ level.

I am sure that there is a formal method of presenting this proposal, but I am not sure where that process begins.

I would appreciate your response to my idea and any suggestions that you may have.

Thank you for your time and the consideration of my proposal.

• 2 weeks later...

Professor back on page 4 wrote:

Chills1994, on 20 October 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

For example, I am looking at Todd Jarret's classifier page right now (L2458). He shot CM 99-04, Pucker Factor, on September 5th, 2010. He got a 100% on it. He shot it at the Fredericksburg Rod and Gun club. By the looks of it though, they don't post results to their website. So I can't see what kind of points Todd got and what his time was.

It would give me and others something to strive for..."Oh, hey, isn't that CM _____ ? Bob Vogel shot that in ___ seconds with ____ points...I think I can shoot it in _____ time."

The reason Fredericksburg Rod and Gun [and just about every other USPSA-affiliated club in the country] didn't post results to their website is because ALL these results are available through the USPSA website under "Local Matches". Even with the new website, you can access matches prior to October 2010 and get complete postings of EVERY shooter, down to the A,B,C,D,M,N,P shots of each stage.

For example, here's Todd's results for the match you reference.

http://www.uspsa.org...A14&uspsa=L2458

Of course, if someone scores 100% on a classifier, all you really know is that the HHF for that classifier is no higher than the HF they scored when shooting that stage. IOW, you don't get a classifier Pct higher than 100%.

Okay, thanks!

Charles Bond started this thread off with this:

The next USPSA BOD meeting is the first weekend in November in Dallas, TX. If anyone has any items they would like to have the BOD review or address, now is the time to get in touch with your AD.

If you have ideas appropriate to post here, you do not need my permission to do so. I would however ask that you be extra nice in how it is presented so we can keep the thread open.

welllll.....how did it go?

• 2 weeks later...

?? Are you a section coordinator? John Amidon specifically told me at the Nationals there wouldn't be a mass mailing to every member, and that only SC's and Area Directors would get those.

I got my new rule book about a week ago. Not a SC or Area director, I am our clubs

contact for USPSA though.

Tom

?? Are you a section coordinator? John Amidon specifically told me at the Nationals there wouldn't be a mass mailing to every member, and that only SC's and Area Directors would get those.

I received one today.

I got mine last week. RO and the clubs contact person through the USPSA.

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

I'm a CRO.

Edited by sperman

so i wont be getting a new rulebook?

Dunno,

It appears they might be sending them to RO/CRO only. Is there anyone that has got one that isn't an RO?

I'm also looking for the meeting minutes.... so far nothing is posted. :(

JT

Edited by JThompson

so i wont be getting a new rulebook?

Dunno,

It appears they might be sending them to RO/CRO only. Is there anyone that has got one that isn't an RO?

I'm also looking for the meeting minutes.... so far nothing is posted. :(

JT

The minutes are emailed to all the AD's for corrections/approval. They will not be posted until that is done.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC