Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is fielding teams for this. Who is on the US Team or Teams. How bout the Special Teams?

Brian Payne, Jomar Villamor, Chris Cazin and I are set up as JP Enterprises/Nordic Components, Minnesota 3 Gun group Law enforcement team.

Jay

We have two teams from the US. We have no organization, so we picked captains and they organized the teams. It was quite a trial.

Team 1: capt Don Bednorz with shooters: Tate Moots, Kuan Watson, Glenn Shelby and Jerry Miculek

Team 2: capt Kelly Neal (also shooting) with Tony Holmes, David Neth and James Casanova

All these shooters are JP RM3G faithful, so they know what to expect! ;)

We have 2 teams from Russia. One from Canada. We think one from Australia, the Philippines and one from Britain, or is it England now?

We have 6 Special Teams signed up so far, but people keep asking me, so I suspect sign-up for special teams will occur when all their shooters are there! :surprise:

The Minnesota Group may be the ones to beat!

There will be cash prizes for the top teams in both Special and Official!

:wub: Denise

We have 6 Special Teams signed up so far, but people keep asking me, so I suspect sign-up for special teams will occur when all their shooters are there! :surprise:

The Minnesota Group may be the ones to beat!

There will be cash prizes for the top teams in both Special and Official!

If any would be team needs a mediocre limited scope shooter I am looking for a team. All my friends shooting the match are in the same division as me.

Correct Dan!

(We were kinda waiting for Andy to do that first...)

jj

I seem to recall that we did need a sling for both a rifle and shotgun on a stage at the metal barn, not carrying both long guns at the same time, but, both were slung on the stage. That's why I have 2 V Tac slings.

Correct Dan!

(We were kinda waiting for Andy to do that first...)

jj

I seem to recall that we did need a sling for both a rifle and shotgun on a stage at the metal barn, not carrying both long guns at the same time, but, both were slung on the stage. That's why I have 2 V Tac slings.

Then you are MORE than prepared for anything!!! :goof:

We're down here at Whittington for a "local" match and spent most of today setting up some additional stages for Rocky Mountain 3-Gun. All of them are hiding, so even our locals won't get to shoot any part of them and 2 of the ones we set up today are in places we have never shot before! Think you're going to have a great time!!!

Sorry I didn't mean to say the stages were the same. New shooting areas are always good.

I wasn't ragging on you. We had a shooter come out last year and 2012, and he was surprised to find out the stages were different!! :goof: He commented on how that seemed like a lot of work! :roflol: Just wanted you to know that it's ALL different! Sometimes, they come out different than we plan, too! :blink:

Different places can mean new and exciting challenges! :devil: Bwahahahahaha!

Edited by Benelli Chick

When at RM3G in the past I have always had the motorhome along but this year the wife can't make it so I am thinking about primitive camping spots and a tent. Has anyone done this at the Whittington and is there any special advice to follow? I probably would not be doing any cooking at the camp sight so that is a non issue.

Has anyone done this at the Whittington and is there any special advice to follow? I probably would not be doing any cooking at the camp sight so that is a non issue.

Bug repellent and Bear repellent. The Bug repellent is sprayed on YOU preemptively, whereas the Bear repellent is sprayed on the BEAR reactively. If you get that mixed up, you won't hit the LR targets the next day. :)

Spot reserved, thanks guys, looking forward to the adventure. I turn 55 while I am out there and I retire from 35 years of Law Enforcement the following month so this is a present to myself I guess. Bugs and Bears - no big deal, I have them at home as well. I kind of like snakes as long as I see them before I step on them. I did run into a "chigger" (whatever they are) earlier this year, they suck.

We don't have too many chiggers...but bugs and bears and snakes and deer and turkeys (both human and birdlike :roflol: ) pronghorn, cougars...oh my! :surprise:

When you get here, I have some bugsticks to keep them away from your campsite!

See you soon!

Denise

Don't let the Johnson's scare you. Surviving the match is far less likely than surviving the food chain.