Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everyone!

Just a couple reminders for the 2014 JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Championship: I sent out an email with match info to all our shooters about ago. If you did not get it, and you are signed up for the match, please email me at: rm3gun@yahoo.com or rm3gun@gmail.com.

Target count: (Remember, this is targets, not rounds!)

Target count is estimated as follows:

Stage 1 – rifle – 13 steel, 10 paper (rifle steel out to 500 yds)
Stage 2 – shotgun - 40 birdshot
Stage 3 – 3-Gun – 10 rifle steel out to 500yds, 12 birdshot, 10 pistol paper and 8 pistol steel
Stage 4 – 3-Gun – 3 slugs, 12 birdshot, 8 pistol paper, 6 pistol steel, 10 rifle steel to 600 yds(rifle SLING)
Stage 5 – 3-Gun – 2 slugs, 10 bird, 8 pistol paper, 4 pistol steel,2 rifle paper, 5 rifle steel x2 out to 400yds
Stage 6 – rifle – 10 paper, 15 steel out to 300 yds
Stage 7 – 3-Gun – 12 rifle steel out to 150 yds, 12 birdshot, 12 pistol targets(combo paper and steel)
Stage 8 – 3-Gun – 12 rifle steel out to 300 yds, 12 birdshot and 12 pistol targets (combo)
Stage 9 – shotgun/rifle – 15 birdshot targets, 12 rifle steel out to 400 yds (rifle SLING)
Stage 10 – Shotgun (3-ammo) - 10 bird, 3 optional bird/buck, 6 buckshot, 6 optional buck/slug, 6 slugs
Stage 11 – shotgun/pistol – 16 birdshot, 12 pistol steel, 15 pistol paper
Stage 12 – Pistol – 12 steel, 20 paper (3 paper for pick-up gun)
Stage 13 – pistol/rifle – 6 pistol steel, 8 pistol paper, 5 rifle paper, 10 rifle steel (rifle SLING)
Stage 14 – pistol/shotgun – 15 pistol(combo), 15 birdshot (shotgun SLING)
Stage 15 – pistol/rifle – 4 pistol steel, 12 pistol paper, 14 rifle steel, 4 rifle paper (rifle SLING)

You will need a sling for your rifle on 4 stages, and a sling for your shotgun on 1 stage.

Some will be slightly different when you arrive, but if you prepare for this, you’ll be fine.

We’re also so happy to announce that we have almost 120 sponsors whose generosity has made our prize table worth almost a third of a million dollars as of now! :bow: I won’t list all 120 sponsors, so please check out www.rm3g.com for our sponsors. Look there for any of your shooting needs. Each logo links straight to the sponsor’s website. :cheers:

Tuesday evening, we will have a welcome dinner at the Coors Event Center. Friday evening, we will have the NSSF Shooter’s BBQ/Junior Benefit with some great doorprizes! Sunday, August 10 will be shoot-off day. We will start with the DPMS Junior Shoot-Off at 0800, move on to the Brownells’ Ladies’ Shoot-Off, and then the Official Team shoot-Off and the Special Team Shoot-Off. Finally, around noon, we should be starting the awards and prize table donated by all our amazing sponsors. There will be cash prizes for Junior, Ladies, Teams, and the prize table!!

See you soon!

:wub: Denise

Whoops! I forgot!

This is the first year since 2007, that we have a few slots available at this time of year, so this is your opportunity, if you haven’t been able to make it in in the past. You can find applications at: www.rm3g.com

August 5-10, 2014 – 15 Natural Terrain Stages and shoot-offs in the evenings! Lots of extra opportunities for shooting!

Everyone shoots 3 stages a day! Average time per stage is over a minute... :devil: without any penalties! Okay, really one minute is usually fastest time! :surprise:

Denise

email inbound. I'm hoping you'll be able to accommodate international shooters traveling together?

No way! I'm putting you on separate squads as far away from each other as possible!!! :devil:

Got the email. You already asked for those guys, so you're good!

Besides, we want to keep you Canuks together where we can keep an eye on you!!!! :surprise:

email inbound. I'm hoping you'll be able to accommodate international shooters traveling together?

No way! I'm putting you on separate squads as far away from each other as possible!!! :devil:

Got the email. You already asked for those guys, so you're good!

Besides, we want to keep you Canuks together where we can keep an eye on you!!!! :surprise:

I find keeping the Canadians together is better for everyone. We're generally a pretty offensive bunch with fairly abrasive personalities....especially after we get a few drinks in us. Although, we haven't been barred from any matches yet. lol

Hey Shooters!

Check your emails!

Carbon Arms http://carbonarms.us/, one of our sponsors asked me to send you all a special deal! - Thank-you Carbon Arms!

For the next month, you can get a discount on some of their products! But, it's only for JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Chmapionship shooters!

So, check your email. Go to their website and buy some stuff!

:goof:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder:

3-Gun is an individual sport. JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Shoot is no exception! You do NOT need a team to enter.

The teams shoot the same match and are scored as individuals and go to the prize table as individuals.

The team thing is like an add-on. If you sign up on a team, we will score the team and the top teams will get to participate in the team shoot on Sunday, August 10! Winning teams will receive cash prizes!!

Speaking of cash...between the DPMS (http://www.dpmsinc.com/ ) Junior Shoot-Off, the Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/ ) Ladies' Shoot-Off, the Team shoots and the Prize table, shooters will be taking home $20,000 in cash this year!

In addition to DPMS and Brownells, Hodgdon (http://www.hodgdon.com/ ), Trijicon (https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/index.php ) and NSSF (http://www.nssf.org/ ) have contributed cash to help make this happen!! So generous!!!

Also, a special thank-you goes out to our most fabulous JP Enterprises (http://www.jprifles.com/ ), Firebird Precision (http://www.firebirdprecision.com/ ), Zev Technologies (http://www.glockworx.com/ ) and Para Ordnance (http://www.para-usa.com/2013/index.php ), R & R (http://randrtargets.com/site/ ) as well as some of our shooters for helping some of the International Shooters have guns to shoot!

Without them, many of our shooters would not be able to join us, so thanks so much!!! :bow::bow:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Due to the generosity of JP of our major match sponsor JP Enterprises (http://www.jprifles.com/ ) and the dogged determination of a couple of our shooters...TJ and SM...we are so happy to announce that this year's World Championship will be featured on "Shooting USA!" We're so excited to have John Scouten joining us and bringing the camera crew! :goof: (http://www.shootingusa.com/index.html )

Thanks to our loyal shooters and sponsors that helped to make this happen! Thanks to "Shooting USA" for taking the time to come out and join us!!! :bow:

Spot reserved, thanks guys, looking forward to the adventure. I turn 55 while I am out there and I retire from 35 years of Law Enforcement the following month so this is a present to myself I guess. Bugs and Bears - no big deal, I have them at home as well. I kind of like snakes as long as I see them before I step on them. I did run into a "chigger" (whatever they are) earlier this year, they suck.

Brian, want to borrow my LAR Griz 45 win mag, can handle all, including chiggers

Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!!

Sent out an email today. If you don't receive it and you're in the match, please let me know and I'll get you a more complete email!

Here are some of the high points!
Raton is pretty hot in August, so be sure to bring a small cooler with fluids to keep hydrated and cool. Staying hydrated helps with any kind of altitude adjustments, avoids headaches and helps you shoot better! :-) Misters are always nice. Bananas, Gatorade and small doses of aspirin will also help with altitude acclimation.
We also do have some bugs! Bring bugspray AND...A friend of ours suggested dryer sheets. Wipe them on legs and arms and then tuck them in your hat or belt. They seem to work pretty well.
You will need a vehicle to drive between stages as they are miles(kilometers) apart. There will be breakfast and lunch trailer at the Coors Center all the days of the match. Dinners available in the Shotgun Center on the evenings we don't have an organized dinner in Coors!
EVERYONE - please magnet your ammo BEFORE you bring it!!!!! If the projectile sticks to the magnet, PLEASE leave it at home!!!
Estimated target count: (Targets, not rounds...you should bring extra)
Rifle: 150, Pistol: 170, Birdshot: 150, Slugs: 15, Buckshot: 12
We will be registering at the log cabin by the Coors Event Center. But, there will be another event going on at the Coors range through Sunday, 3 August. So, just try to be polite and quiet during their competition.
We're really excited and think we have a fun and challenging match lined up for you! :ph34r:
Don't forget, with the help of Hodgdon, we have a Welcome dinner Tuesday, 5 August for you at the Coors Center and the NSSF Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit on Friday, August 8! Bring some extra money as we have a LOT of great doorprizes on Friday! :bow:
DPMS Junior Shoot-Off, Brownells Ladies' Shoot-Off and the Team Shoots for the top Official and Special Teams will be Sunday, 10 August in the morning before awards!
Thanks to JP and Todd, Scott and John S, "Shooting USA" will be covering the match. :cheers: There is a possibility that French TV will be filming as well.
We are offering some dueling tree shoot-offs Tuesday through Thursday evening for the first 8 people each night, winner take all if you have extra ammo! :-)
If you have questions about things I have forgotten to mention, please email me and I'll try to answer them the best I can!! I'm trying to get all the details straight, but sometimes...
We are looking forward to seeing you all!
:wub: Denise and JJ and the staff of the JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Championship
edited to add smiley faces! I didn't have any of them! :surprise:
Edited by Benelli Chick

Heading out to the range this weekend...mostly Friday and Saturday, to build some more stages.

If anyone wants to join us! :goof:

The loaner guns are coming together - thanks to JP Enterprises, Firebird, Zev Technologies, Para Ordnance, Benelli, R & R Targets and some nice individuals!

We think we have a lot of fun, challenging stages. I'm surprised that with 15 stages, they're all going to be different challenges! I'm excited to get to shoot them...I hope! :surprise:

See you all soon!

Denise

Hey! Just a heads up! IF you have one of the 10 year - JP RM3G coins...bring 'em!!

We've had a request for a picture with the 12 year veterans, and I thought the coins would be great to have in the picture.

Our numbers are dwindling...but bring 'em if you've got 'em!

:bow:

Heading out to the range this weekend...mostly Friday and Saturday, to build some more stages.

If anyone wants to join us! :goof:

The loaner guns are coming together - thanks to JP Enterprises, Firebird, Zev Technologies, Para Ordnance, Benelli, R & R Targets and some nice individuals!

We think we have a lot of fun, challenging stages. I'm surprised that with 15 stages, they're all going to be different challenges! I'm excited to get to shoot them...I hope! :surprise:

See you all soon!

Denise

Thanks Denise! Very excited for this match. :bow:

Just got down here for a weekend of stage building and I spent the entire morning getting prizes and fabulous stuff from our amazing sponsors out of the shipping room here!!! (There's no exhausted emoticon! :yawn: Yawning is as close as I could find!)

Wow!! You guys are going to be excited!! :goof:

PLEASE!!! Check out http://rm3g.com/ for our sponsor and be sure to buy from them for your last minute shooting needs!!! WEll, ALL of your shooting needs! They have all stepped up BIG TIME!! :bow:

Bleeping Cactus!!!

Can't get away from them!!! So, I didn't sit in one this year. I stepped on a Prickly Pear with Keen boots, and one of the spines came all the way through the sole of the shoe and broke off on the outside and stabbed me and I couldn't pull it out!!!! :angry2: Nasty old cactus!

I taught it a little lesson though, so you won't be seeing THAT one at the match! :devil:

Got a couple more stages on the ground today! Still need to fine tune, move that target to the right, and all that kind of thing, but we are making some pretty good progress! Think you'll be pleased!!!

See you all soon!

Bleeping Cactus!!!

Can't get away from them!!! So, I didn't sit in one this year. I stepped on a Prickly Pear with Keen boots, and one of the spines came all the way through the sole of the shoe and broke off on the outside and stabbed me and I couldn't pull it out!!!! :angry2: Nasty old cactus!

I taught it a little lesson though, so you won't be seeing THAT one at the match! :devil:

Got a couple more stages on the ground today! Still need to fine tune, move that target to the right, and all that kind of thing, but we are making some pretty good progress! Think you'll be pleased!!!

See you all soon!

That sucks that the first blood drawn for this year's match is that of the match director.