Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your foot Denise!

I have a question about the range. Having never been to the Whittingon center before, how are the stages laid out compared to where competitors park. Would it be useful to have a 3 Gun Cart to get our gear to where the stage starts, or is parking relatively close to the stage starts?

Thanks for all your hard work you and your crew are putting in!

Sorry to hear about your foot Denise!

I have a question about the range. Having never been to the Whittingon center before, how are the stages laid out compared to where competitors park. Would it be useful to have a 3 Gun Cart to get our gear to where the stage starts, or is parking relatively close to the stage starts?

Don't bother with a cart. You can drive relatively close to the stages. A 3 gun case is a good thing to have, for the stages that will require a bit of walking to.

Denise and JJ's matches will not only challenge your shooting ability, but, your logistical planning as well. :D

I would say if you have a sedgeway it would be your best friend re-setting stages.

Thanks Dan! That about sums it up!

You do want a case for long guns as we don't use rifle racks so you don't end up leaving your rifle in the rack out in the rainstorm. You keep them in their cases until needed.

JJ is wandering around yelling you have to walk to ALL the stages, but...

Stages 2 and 11 will have a little walk in...maybe 50 yards.

Stage 12 will be a schlepp in, but it's only one gun, so that shouldn't be too bad and a cart won't help! :surprise:

Stage 13 and 14 might have small walks depending on where you are able to park as they are up the canyon.

Stage 15 should be little or no walk, as long as we can park in the ruins of the old power plant...You may want to take the walk anyway as there's a lot of...debris!! Pistol, rifle so...

Honestly, if this is your first trip to the Whittington Center, it is beautiful and you'll wonder about moving to New Mexico.

The stages are set in the natural terrain, so walking is easier than trying to get your cart together and push it over the rocks! :devil:

Remember, the stages can be miles apart, so you'd have to load your cart in your vehicle and drive and unload, and it is the Rockies!!! They are named appropriately!! :roflol:

See you all soon!

Denise

Well today I avoided most of the cactuses, but those little burrs and those wheat looking things that try to stab you were out to get me all day!

My socks are covered in debris!!! Just a little blood from me being stupid...and the yuccas. Oh wait, are those cactuses???

However, I saw the most beautiful cactus flowers tonight coming in from a stage. They only bloom at night and they were so beautiful!!

AND...I saw a cute little bullsnake in the road and chased him away so he wouldn't get smooshed. He just wanted to sit there sunning himself!

We've got 11 stages on the ground with just paper missing and maybe a couple of other little things!!!

I can't wait to shoot them! I think they're going to be fun!!! :goof:

We've got some help coming tomorrow and we've got 2 more stages on the agenda and then some equipment moving and weed-whacking and...oh the list does go on! Have to wait on the last two stages because of other matches etc!!

See you all soon!!!

:wub: Denise

Great, thanks for he replies everyone!

Don't want to drag more stuff to NM than necessary!

If you're driving, bring everything you want. Just don't bother with a cart. If you're flying, look real hard at what you pack, then weigh your bags. At the sight in range people will help you out, as they normally will when you shoot the match.

Well, today, I was my own worse enemy and kept dropping steel targets on my legs and feet and hands...no blood except for the stuff under the skin in the bruises! :surprise: I think I'm tired!

We had 4 friends come down and help us today and it was great! We have 13 stages on the ground...and the guys helped us get some things together for the shoot-offs and hack some weeds and such for paths for people and for vision! We moved stuff, set-up some stages, fixed props! Got a lot done!! Still think it's going to be fun!!! :devil: We have over 80 pieces of rifle steel out!! The shed is getting pretty empty!

See you all really soon! :surprise:

:ph34r: It's all good!

Bruises are the price you pay for putting targets in weird places in the Rocky Mountains!

But, I so think it will be worth it!

See you soon!

Be sure to bring some extra $!! Both for doorprizes at the NSSF Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit AND because most of the International Shooters can't take many prizes home! :goof:

We'll see you all soon! RO's are all working hard at their day jobs to get the time off to come help you play...oh yeah, they get to play, too! :roflol: But, they will be working so hard! We're excited to see all of you!

So when do you think the name on the Brownells cabin will be changed to Johnson? Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

When we win the lottery, we will be building the Johnson cabin and the Rocky Mountain Lodge at Whittington! We have it all planned!

The only snag is that we haven't won the lottery, and the odds are not good that we will any time soon! :blush:

Pooh and Cactus Spines!!! :angry:

Edited by Benelli Chick

So when do you think the name on the Brownells cabin will be changed to Johnson? Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

When we win the lottery, we will be building the Johnson cabin and the Rocky Mountain Lodge at Whittington! We have it all planned!

The only snag is that we haven't won the lottery, and the odds are not good that we will any time soon! :blush:

If JJ keeps breaking wind in there... Brownells might not want it back. :roflol:

If JJ keeps breaking wind in there... Brownells might not want it back. :roflol:

Ouch! :devil:

Quick rules question. I know cinched mags are a no no unless off set by 2". If I use a 40 rd P-Mag with Taccom +5 extension on it (or Taran Tactical for that matter), it is slightly larger than the stock pad but not intended to be a specific rest. Are we good to go with this?

Practicing the sling work now and packing the gear has started.

Quick rules question. I know cinched mags are a no no unless off set by 2". If I use a 40 rd P-Mag with Taccom +5 extension on it (or Taran Tactical for that matter), it is slightly larger than the stock pad but not intended to be a specific rest. Are we good to go with this?

Practicing the sling work now and packing the gear has started.

Those extensions are just fine.

You can even evenly cinch them as long as you don't rest them on anything! :devil:

We're packing and trying to get ready too!

It'll be good to see everyone!

So, another stage on the ground. JJ and I walked the area last weekend, and he told me what he envisioned, and I set it up today!

I think it looks fun! :goof: But, when JJ sees it tomorrow, will he???? :surprise:

No major cactus or bug problems. It was overcast and that made carrying steel all over the place a lot easier!

A few bugs this afternoon!

One of the Aussie's that's coming over told me to go say "hi" to a fellow Aussie that was shooting PPC nationals!! I found the Aussie and a whole bunch of law enforcement that are also 3 gunners!! It was a lot of fun! I got to talk, which is one of my next favorite things to do other than shooting...or maybe it's my first favorite...BUT, when I can do them both together!! :goof::goof:

I really think we have some terrific stages for you! We're shooting in 2 BRAND NEW places that nobody in 3-Gun (probably anyone else, for that matter) has ever shot before!!! We also have at least one more stage in a place that JP RM3G shooters have never shot before! As always, we have different angles and different stages in some familiar places! So, you will all get to see some great new places at Whittington as well as some old favorites!

See you soon! Very soon! Aargh!!!! :unsure:

I know better than to read these posts because when I do I start to thinking that maybe, just maybe I'm healed enough to come shoot. But then I spend an hour on my feet and reality sets in. And I get sad. Very sad :(

Maybe if sometime during the match each shooter would break a good shot for me I won't feel so bad not being there?

Best of luck to all!

Got lots of work done today with tables, last minute stuff added to stages, safety flags etc.

Then the GIANT gully washer came, and may have to redo a bit!

Right before the RAIN, I was being eaten alive by those annoying flies with the 60,000 sharp microscopic teethies!!!

Bring Bug Repellent!!! :surprise: I bought some of those citronella sticks etc for RO's to plant around the stages, but it's too early and I don't know how long they will last. One set of RO's tried them out at He-Man, and they seemed to help with everything but the flies!! :angry2:

Anyway, moving right along Look forward to seeing all of you soon!