Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

Just a heads up to everyone!

We're planning on a World Shoot in 2014, similar dates to the last few years, but 5 days of shooting, 15 stages.

We'll be recognizing teams from US and around the World, but individuals can join us as well.

NRA Whittington Center is with us on this and of course the details are...a challenge. But, we'll let you know as things become clearer.

We've got a couple of places we're working on for ammo.

And as there's no governing 3-Gun organization for the World, we'll be taking teams on a first come-first serve basis.

International shooters - let me know your concerns, and the difficulties you face getting here, so I can try to problem solve way ahead of time. I've started talking to Linda Chico, but will pick her brain some more.

It's a big project, but we think it will be a blast!!!

Just to let you know - Teams will be 5 shooters, one from each division! Open, Limited Scope, Limited Iron, He-Man Scope and He-Man Iron. The team scores will be based on individual performances in divisions AND the team shoot! The team shoot will be for all five team members and they will have to decide who shoots which guns in it. Should be...very interesting! :devil:

Stay tuned for more information!

Denise and JJ

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up to everyone!

We're planning on a World Shoot in 2014, similar dates to the last few years, but 5 days of shooting, 15 stages.

We'll be recognizing teams from US and around the World, but individuals can join us as well.

NRA Whittington Center is with us on this and of course the details are...a challenge. But, we'll let you know as things become clearer.

We've got a couple of places we're working on for ammo.

And as there's no governing 3-Gun organization for the World, we'll be taking teams on a first come-first serve basis.

International shooters - let me know your concerns, and the difficulties you face getting here, so I can try to problem solve way ahead of time. I've started talking to Linda Chico, but will pick her brain some more.

It's a big project, but we think it will be a blast!!!

Just to let you know - Teams will be 5 shooters, one from each division! Open, Limited Scope, Limited Iron, He-Man Scope and He-Man Iron. The team scores will be based on individual performances in divisions AND the team shoot! The team shoot will be for all five team members and they will have to decide who shoots which guns in it. Should be...very interesting! :devil:

Stay tuned for more information!

Denise and JJ

SO 2014,,, the RM3G will be the W3GS..........??????

The same dates?

Jim M ammo

Well except for the IPSC, which is International, has 3-Gun and is doing a 3-Gun World Shoot in 2012 or 2013 (can't remember which). I know IPSC 3 Gun isn't real 3 Gun. But there is an international body.

The plan is around the first week of August!

Firmer dates will come later!

2014 is a ways’, off,, but hey I'm planning,, Hell Luke will be 18Yrs.

But the youngest,,, Lil Rebecca,,, the Youngest of the Jim tribe,, will be 14... She shot her first match two weeks ago! Holy crap! I’m old,,,

Jim M ammo

2014 is a ways', off,, but hey I'm planning,, Hell Luke will be 18Yrs.

But the youngest,,, Lil Rebecca,,, the Youngest of the Jim tribe,, will be 14... She shot her first match two weeks ago! Holy crap! I'm old,,,

Jim M ammo

my youngest turned 32 last month , your not that old, just slow ......................................

on the kid start

But the youngest,,, Lil Rebecca,,, the Youngest of the Jim tribe,, will be 14... She shot her first match two weeks ago! Holy crap! I'm old,,,

Jim M ammo

my youngest turned 32 last month , your not that old, just slow ......................................

on the kid start

I think I told you,, I have 5 kids all in all,,,,,, 3 older, all Coll,,, grad's

, 2 younger,,,

Late on the 2 younger,,,

But now that I'm an OFRG,,, from the army,, I will be home to make sure the Young ones are Shooters..

and they are coming along,,, just fine,,

Jim M ammo

on the kid start

, 2 younger,,,

Late on the 2 younger,,,

But now that I'm an OFRG,,, from the army,, I will be home to make sure the Young ones are Shooters..

You beat me again , I feel slow now

Jim M ammo

on the kid start

, 2 younger,,,

Late on the 2 younger,,,

You beat me again , I feel slow now

I'm working on being slow like you! :cheers:

Best I start recruiting some wannabe Brit 3 gunners !

Mind you they have made Airsoft guns illegal here so I will buy some cap guns for them to train with !! :roflol:

Wow, didn't realize things had sunk to that level in my homeland!

Mike, I'll be on your Brit team....only shot one match so far mind, but at least I'm fortunate that I can train a lot between now and 2014 with real guns....! :roflol:

Edited by DanielW

Well except for the IPSC, which is International, has 3-Gun and is doing a 3-Gun World Shoot in 2012 or 2013 (can't remember which). I know IPSC 3 Gun isn't real 3 Gun. But there is an international body.

Well, if it isn't "real 3 gun" then there is no international governing body. That would be a "puppet regime"!

Hi,

please define "real 3Gun"? IPSC has 3Gun tournament rules. However, each gun is currently used in a separate component match, and then the results are just combined. So no Multi-gun stages. If that is your definition of "real 3Gun", then you are correct.

If you would like to get foreign shooters, it might be a good idea to use IPSC rules for the gun divisions. Even though that would limit the amount of division for rifle for you guys in the USA.

isto

Hi,

please define "real 3Gun"? IPSC has 3Gun tournament rules. However, each gun is currently used in a separate component match, and then the results are just combined. So no Multi-gun stages. If that is your definition of "real 3Gun", then you are correct.

If you would like to get foreign shooters, it might be a good idea to use IPSC rules for the gun divisions. Even though that would limit the amount of division for rifle for you guys in the USA.

isto

Seems to me that when our guys play your game...we play by your rules

It also seems you should get to play our game with our rules :cheers:

Looking forward to this

Jim

Seems to me that when our guys play your game...we play by your rules

It also seems you should get to play our game with our rules :cheers:

Looking forward to this

Jim

Hi Jim,

I completely agree. My point is the rest of the free world pretty much uses IPSC rules. There can be differences like the size of the allowed comp in rifle. Using international rules _for_the_equipment_ would allow us foreign shooters to join with our normal hardware. Just a practical point.

I have to say I would love to come your way to learn what your 3Gun matches are like. I bet the common factors are challenging and fun!

isto

There is enough diversity in the available equipment here in the usual divisions already that your international equipment should fit right in. Perhaps you might share with us what you feel in the international equipment does not fit into the "American" divisions. (I'd like to hear)