Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It’s getting close! On Halloween(October 31), we will be posting the applications for repeat and new United States shooters for JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Shoot at both http://www.rm3g.com/ and http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

PLEASE do not send it signature required. I will send it back! Just mail it. I will mark down both arrival date and postmark for the new shooters and any return shooters if we fill up too quickly. Sponsored shooters, if you don’t KNOW you have a slot, please send in an application anyway and write me a note and I’ll hold your check until we know better.

International shooters, I still have slots for you as well, so get those applications in as soon as you can! You do get priority! :excl:

Everyone - I will take credit cards, but you need to contact me or write it on your application and we will figure it out. It will be on an individual basis, not on line. The match is $475. But, you get a discount of $25 for using cash or US check or US Money Order!

We are so happy to have JP Enterprises as our match sponsor! They have been so supportive as the match sponsor for all 12 years of the match. Their generosity is so appreciated. :bow:

DPMS has stepped up again to provide the prize money for the DPMS Junior Shoot-Off and Brownells has signed on to provide the prize money for the new Brownells Ladies Shoot-Off. We will have the top 4 of each category battling for $3750 in cash donated by DPMS and Brownells, with $1500 for the winner of each shoot-off! :bow:

JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is an individual competition, but for the World Shoot, we will include some team activities. There will be Official Teams which will be comprised of 4 shooters from the same country. They may shoot any division or any combination of divisions. We will score the best 3 of 4 for the official score. The top Official Teams will participate in the team shoot-off on August 10 before awards. Each country can enter 2 teams. Since there is no World Governing body for 3-Gun, these two teams will be first come, first served. All team members will also be scored and go to the prize table on their individual performances. Lancer Arms will be providing the cash for the top Official Teams! :bow:

Other shooters, including US citizens of all kinds can form a “Special Team.” Special teams are also composed of 4 shooters. However, each member of a Special Team needs to shoot a different division from the 5 divisions offered: Open, Limited Scope, Limited Iron, He-Man Scope and He-Man Iron. We plan to offer a more flexible shoot-off for the Special Teams! There will be cash awards for the top 3 Special Teams as well.

Keep your eyes on the website for applications. With the extra stages and extra days, we should have a bit more room this year…I hope! Cross my fingers!

I will send you confirmation or a notice that I’ve received your application the day I receive it. Our mail comes very late in the day, just so you know! We will be travelling a bit near Thanksgiving, but will get things from that time out as soon as I get home!

Hope to see you all there!

Denise

P.S. These other generous sponsors have already signed on! What a generous bunch! Please support them by purchasing from them for all your shooting needs!

JP Enterprises Americase, Arredondo Accessories, Barnes Precision, BattleComp Enterprises, Berger Bullets, Blacksheep Manufacturing, Bresser, Brownells, Burris, Bushmaster, Colt Competition, CPWSA, Deadwood Stoves, Dillon, Dreadnaught, DPMS, DSG, Ergo Grips, ESP, GT Targets, Gun Goddess, Hearing Protection Services, Hodgdon Powder, Hornady, Lancer, LensPens, Leupold, Machine Gun Tours, New Beginning Gun Work,s Nightforce Optics, Nordic Components, Patriot Ordnance Factory, Remington, Rocky Mountain Targets, Schmidt-Bender, SEAL 1, Seekins Precision, Sierra Bullets, Strike Force Manufacturing, Trey Yuen, UniqueTek, Viking Tactics, Vortex Optics, Warne Scope Mounts, XS Sights, Zev Technologies, and ZM Weapons :bow::cheers:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Are we shooting for the week of August 4 -10 or July 28 - August 02? I know its early but I want to make sure I get this time off. Thanks!

Shooters will be shooting 3 stages a day August 5-9. August 10 is shoot-offs, team shoots, awards and prize table!!

Check out: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/ for more information. OR http://www.rm3g.com/

Just trying to figure out if I can swing this many days off work.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 15 total stages shot 3 stages per day. Competitor shooting starts on Tuesday August 5th and concludes on Friday August 9th? So in looking at a full 5 day work week off work, Saturday for prizes and two Sumdays for travel. Total time 6-7 days?

Are we shooting for the week of August 4 -10 or July 28 - August 02? I know its early but I want to make sure I get this time off. Thanks!

Shooters will be shooting 3 stages a day August 5-9. August 10 is shoot-offs, team shoots, awards and prize table!!

Check out: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/ for more information. OR http://www.rm3g.com/

Just trying to figure out if I can swing this many days off work.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 15 total stages shot 3 stages per day. Competitor shooting starts on Tuesday August 5th and concludes on Friday August 9th? So in looking at a full 5 day work week off work, Saturday for prizes and two Sumdays for travel. Total time 6-7 days?

Sort of right! Shoot Tuesday through Saturday(August 9 is Saturday), DPMS Junior Shoot-Off, Brownells Ladies Shoot-Off, Team Shoot, Awards and Prize Table on Sunday! With 2 days for travel on either end...8 days, but Sat and Sun included, so 6-7 days off seems about right depending on travel time!

I saw discussion on importing evil firearms a few pages back -- in addition to a letter of invitation to a shooting event, ATF will also accept a hunting license, and New Mexico's hunting license system is online. It might serve as a little extra insurance to get their basic non-resident squirrel/upland bird license for all of like $35.

I saw discussion on importing evil firearms a few pages back -- in addition to a letter of invitation to a shooting event, ATF will also accept a hunting license, and New Mexico's hunting license system is online. It might serve as a little extra insurance to get their basic non-resident squirrel/upland bird license for all of like $35.

A good idea! But, I am more than happy to send you an invitation. Just send me an e-mail with full name and address as listed on your passport!!

But, both might make you feel safer. We do suggest you try to fly into Albuquerque instead of DIA. There shouldn't be a problem, but it's just an extra precaution.

Denise :-)

The form 6 requirement for a shooting invitation or hunting license has actually been lifted for Canadians. Most of us still usually ask for an invitation though to keepthe border guards happy (supports our reason for entering the us)

I just wanted to thank all you veterans out there (JJ included) who have served our country.

I know that sometimes, lately, we all feel a little befuddled by what is going on, but the US is still the best country to live in, and all of you who have served or are serving, help make it so. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to argue and complain. We wouldn’t be free! We still do have freedom and we at Rocky Mountain would like to thank you for protecting our freedoms and our persons. Your service is truly appreciated!

Have a great Veteran’s Day! Thank you for the sacrifices you and your families have made to protect us! :bow:

:wub: Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all caught up with applications and confirmations. If you're in, you should have your confirmation at the e-mail you gave me.

If you're one of the new shooters and on the waitlist, you should have an e-mail to tell you about that as well.

There will be a little slower turn around time for the next week or so with Thanksgiving!

Just hang in there! I will get contact you as soon as I can!

Remember, Dec 15, I will try to get as many people in from the new shooters as I can, so returning shooter's...please don't dawdle getting your applications in!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:wub: Denise

Here is some info on what is required for temporary importation of a firearms for hunting or sporting purposes:

VISA NOT REQUIRED (Most Canadians)

Legal Nonimmigrants Aliens who don't require a VISA

- As of July 2012 Nonimmigrants who don't require a VISA ARE NOT required to submit documentation (Hunting License / Shoot Invitation) with ATF Form 6NIA when submitting for approval.

** As of November 3, 2013 a revised ATF Form 6NIA with changes has not been published. Publish date unknown!

VISA REQUIRED

Nonimmigrants Aliens who require a Visa

- Shoot invitation or state side hunting license (any state) is required to be submitted with the ATF Form 6NIA application.

- Contact shoot management to receive a Shoot Invitation.

- An approved ATF Form 6NIA with stateside hunting license (any state), gives unlimited entry for valid reasons, not necessarily hunting.

Hunting license option is recommended for club visits, practice, attending shoots; league, fun, charity, without the need of a shoot invitation.

License Accepted: Non-resident shooting preserve, non-resident small game hunting, or non-resident non-game.

An Approved ATF Form 6 NIA is still required to be presented at the time of import and is valid for 12 months from the approval date.

Doug

Go to: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/applications

And there's a link to the US government and forms website and a link to a copy of the 61NA form for easy access.

It's as current as I could find online!

I've already had a number of people request letters, including Canadians, just to cover their bases.

Just send me passport info: name address etc to rm3gun@yahoo.com or rm3gun@gmail.com and we'll get you a letter!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder, we start letting in people off the waitlist Dec 15.

We've got a bit of room left, but if you're a returning shooter, please get your application in soon!

We're up to 7 countries!!

:goof:

Denise

Does that include California and New York? LOL

Just a reminder, we start letting in people off the waitlist Dec 15.

We've got a bit of room left, but if you're a returning shooter, please get your application in soon!

We're up to 7 countries!!

:goof:

Denise

Does that include California and New York? LOL

Oh, and the new Colorado...I guess that's 10! :surprise:

So far...some Canuks ( :devil: ), Finland, Australia, UK, Philippines, USA and Russia! Maybe New Zealand, Norway and Germany...

Don't have teams from all those countries yet...just a lot of logistics to get together, but they've asked for slots to be saved for them! We also have individuals from those countries ready to go!

I think we're getting there and after the first of the year, I think we'll get more international shooters getting in touch!

We also have 70 sponsors signed up and stuff is already on it's way! :bow: We'll get all those generous sponsors listed here soon! They're already up on the website: http://rm3g.com/ You can click on the sponsor's logo and go to their website for ease of Christmas shopping! :goof: Please support them and let them know we all appreciate their support!

So, get those apps in chop, chop!!! :goof:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

How deep is the wait list? Is it too late to sign up as a new shooter and have any reasonable chance?

Also, how many rounds do you expect over the 15 stages? and what time is the first round going to be on the 5th? I'd leave work at 7am, and have to drive down from denver :(