Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

Hello Denise,

This may have been asked already but here goes again. Will the site in range be open again this year for us to check zero's?

It better be! I know that the UK shooters are borrowing rifles and pistols, but, bringing their own optics.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Denise,

This may have been asked already but here goes again. Will the site in range be open again this year for us to check zero's?

Indeed it will Sterling!

And starting part way through the day on Monday, we should have a sight-in area available on the Coors range as well.

We know a lot of people have to "check" their zeros! :roflol:

During the match, the sight-in at Coors will mostly be available, as well as some targets for function firing as JP is again providing a gunsmith for your convenience/help/save your butt! :surprise: Thanks JP!http://www.jprifles.com/ Also, thanks to Rocky Mountain Targets http://rockymtntargets.com/ for providing the Coors sight-in steel, function fire steel and all the shoot-off targets!!!

The sight-in range at Whittington will be open throughout the match, for those..."where the heck am I missing" moments!

See you all soon!

:wub: Denise

All 15 stages are on the ground. We're working on getting things all smoothed out, checking flow..digging up cactus, filling in snake holes! :devil:

We're excited about our new 16" targets designed for us by Rocky Mountain Targets http://rockymtntargets.com/ so we have 4MOA at 400 yards. They don't fall down, but they do indicate with flags! We've tested them out and even 55g make them flag!

With all this wonderful space and distance, we just want to use our natural terrain, and still make the targets doable!

Some of our international shooters are already in country or will be arriving in the US soon!

We're excited to meet so many new people!!

Don't worry! For those of you who are mad at us because the match is too much vacation this year, we're going back to our regular 3 day format in 2015. The JP RM3G dates are August 13-15, 2015.

It was dang hot today, but a storm came in this afternoon and cooled it off just a bit! Don't forget the bug spray or citronella bracelets or dryer sheets! :surprise:

See you soon!

Don't worry! For those of you who are mad at us because the match is too much vacation this year, we're going back to our regular 3 day format in 2015. The JP RM3G dates are August 13-15, 2015.

I love It!....Its late July and I'm already putting together my 2015 schedule. Not complaining but why are you deviating from your usual first weekend format?

Edited by Truegent2004

Scheduling conflicts with the Whittington Center. As much as we would like it to be, we are not the only event here. ?

Check out their calendar, www.nrawc.org and you will see what I mean...

International Youth Hunter Education is a biggie in the odd numbered years in late July, and Shutzen uses the Coors center about the same time we want to do Rocky Mountain every year...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Weekends are also a little funny next year, with International YHEC not finishing up until later than usual.

Anyway, note to self...when being a bit of a wuss by wearing elbow pads, try not to have the rifle brass bounce off the barricade into the edge of the elbow pad and fall down in there and burn the bejesus out of you!!!!

I screamed like a girl and was flailing with the one arm trying to shake the brass out, while holding onto my rifle with the other, and the screams were not coherent, so JJ didn't know what my problem was... :wacko:

At least he didn't say..."that was kinda jazzy!"

I can mangle myself even when trying to protect my little elbows. I've got a whole herd of blisters coming up from where the brass was moving around in the elbow pad!!!! I am special!!! :blink:

I know, I whine about everything! :roflol:

But, I'm going to try to avoid that fun time in the future!!! When I first started shooting, a friend told me to always wear collared shirts so the brass doesn't fall down there...he didn't say a THING about elbow pads!

See you all soon! First RO's start showing up this week!!!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Hanging out in Sante Fe for a few days with the wife then on Tuesday it's off to Raton! Almost 2 full weeks for the ROs, donations of beer to the staff is highly encouraged! See you all on the range!

Doug

Well, that's a bit disheartening! All 15 stages WERE up!

GIANT GULLY WASHER! Water pouring down everywhere! Flash floods!!! :surprise:

Not looking forward to tomorrow morning and checking out what has fallen down, blown over...floated away...

Oh well, the first Johnson 3-Gun we ran, we had to reset those stages 3 times because of hail and such!!

We'll get them all back up!!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Hanging out in Sante Fe for a few days with the wife then on Tuesday it's off to Raton! Almost 2 full weeks for the ROs, donations of beer to the staff is highly encouraged! See you all on the range!

Doug

My home town if you want to get together.

Well, we're out checking stages after the 4.5 inches of rain last night and things are okay. Paper is soggy, but no surprise there. A couple targets on stakes slid down in the mud, but things look salvageable and doable if it stays wet! Whew!

RO's start arriving tomorrow. Here by Friday in mass!

See you all soon!

Denise

Staff started showing up today! Yeah! What a great group! :bow:

The marines arrived in force! We are so lucky to have the Quantico Combat Shooting Team work with us!!! :bow: They make me laugh, too! Okay...sometimes, they make me cry...but, I think they do that on purpose!

I think the weather will be a perfect temperature for 3-Gun. Seems like a bit of rain in the forecast...but the stages seem to stand up well!!

More staff arriving tomorrow and the next day...and the next! Over 70 staff to help everyone have a good time!!!

Just 1 week and 10 hours until Shooter's Briefing! :surprise: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Its kind of a target rich environment here right now...:)

I am running out of those CCI 45acp shotshells (snakeshot).

If anyone happens to see a box or two at their local gun store, grab them, let me know, and I will buy them from you.

Thanks!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Its kind of a target rich environment here right now...:)

I am running out of those CCI 45acp shotshells (snakeshot).

If anyone happens to see a box or two at their local gun store, grab them, let me know, and I will buy them from you.

Thanks!

jj

I'm hitting Cabela's to restock my supply, I'll grab what they have.

See ya tomorrow!