Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

Yeah, that fatigue issue is my biggest concern. I would hate to fork out the entry fee, gas money and motel costs only to be forced off the range by my moody back.

Glad you mentioned this. It is worth noting that there is a pretty good size hill that has to be climbed to get to the upper bays. It is a paved road but it's just steep. There will be range transportation of some kind on hand to assist anyone who needs it!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"hill" would be putting it mildly. that baby mountain sure sucked to climb last year, haha

SSHHHHH!! We don't want to scare anybody off. But yeah, it'll take the wind out of your sails in a hurry.

The really lucky squads/staff get to climb the hill up to stage 4/5 twice AND walk to the far end of the rifle range twice. Depends upon where you start and where you are when lunch is called.

Ask me how I know this ....

Hydrate, snack to keep your energy up, hydrate, bring an umbrella for shade or make a point of hanging out under the tarp/in shade when you're not shooting or pasting targets, hydrate, use sunblock, hydrate ....;).

Well, let's not scare everyone out of signing up. We're trying to get more shooters, not less. :rolleyes:

Folks, this range isn't all that big. And we're doing everything we can to squeeze 1 more stage in this year to bring the total number of stages up from 8 to 9. This should be a great match, so let's not worry about how big/little the hill to the upper range is, or what stage you start / finish on.

I've been shooting monthly club matches there for about 6 years now, and not once have I said "Boy, that hill just kicks my butt". It's just a part of life. And the match staff who work the stages on top of the hill will more than likely be able to drive their POVs up there, and park them close to their stages. There is also a port-o-let up there, as well as a covered firing line for shade during lunch, or just to take a break. It's actually the nicest scenery on the whole range, with the mountain-side overlooking the range. We've seen deer walk right up to the edge, and look down, while we were between shooters before. So, that's kinda neat! :)

So come on everybody ...... we're trying to hit 200 paid shooters, and so far we only have about 2, so PLEASE, GET THOSE APPS IN PRONTO!

[EDIT TO ADD PICS]

Picture%20010%20638X479.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Maybe I can talk IMA45DV8 into making that trip this year.

Do ya'll know anyplace where we could get a cold beer??:ph34r:

Boy do we!!! :rolleyes:

Last year me, Flexmoney, Chad, and Texty McGee walked over to Roosters for wings & beer, then played lawn darts in the parking lot of the hotel with a 12 pack, until like 1am. I mean REAL lawn darts. The kind you can poke your eye out with!

Then the cops showed up ............. :surprise:

:cheers:

Hope you guys can make it back to Ohio again!

However, I don't know if I can survive another

"Kegging", But will try.

Last year me, Flexmoney, Chad, and Texty McGee walked over to Roosters for wings & beer, then played lawn darts in the parking lot of the hotel with a 12 pack, until like 1am. I mean REAL lawn darts. The kind you can poke your eye out with!

I want a piece of that action!!!!

I have good news...We are now approved as a Level 2 match.

Don't be scared of the hill! If my big rear end can get up it....so can you.

We are still working on the web site and I will post the link here when it is ready to be seen but until then here are the stages:

09-10.pdf

Hosefest.pdf

I\'m Seeing Double.pdf

JJ From Norway.pdf

Not So Fast.pdf

Shimmy Slide.pdf

Sub-Zero.pdf

The Big Bopper.pdf

Watch Your Muzzle.pdf

I will make sure I attend any outings involving beer and lawn darts...

A. sounds terribly entertaining

B. might be able to help if other PO-PO show!