Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, are the Women of USPSA paying advertising fees for the direct link to their web page? If so, great. If not, when does Enoverse get some free advertising subsidized by the USPSA membership?

There is no substantive change. There used to be a link on the front page called 'Ladies Zone' (you can see it on the archived copy of the site: www.uspsa.info/)

That link used to go to a section for ladies but was under-utilised. The Women of USPSA was formed and the link was changed to their web-site.

I don't know if Brian has ever requested a link on the USPSA web-site.

Not that I know of.

The old mantra used to be...let those that seek information find us on their own.

Then people started telling others about the forum. unsure.gif

I just realized that anyone can access the classifieds section. Will this stay this way?? I thought on the previous uspsa website required a login to access the classifieds, unless I'm remembering wrong. Just curious. I know that I got used to never worrying about dealing with anyone on the classifieds. Doesn't really matter to me either way but I'll do a better job of watching who is buying something from me if anyone can access it.

Flyin

Not that I know of.

The old mantra used to be...let those that seek information find us on their own.

Then people started telling others about the forum. unsure.gif

Those were the days weren't they Kyle. ;-)

I just realized that anyone can access the classifieds section. Will this stay this way?? I thought on the previous uspsa website required a login to access the classifieds, unless I'm remembering wrong. Just curious. I know that I got used to never worrying about dealing with anyone on the classifieds. Doesn't really matter to me either way but I'll do a better job of watching who is buying something from me if anyone can access it.

Flyin

I'm 99% sure you had to be logged in. Wasn't it under the members area?

And I just noticed there are NO results from this year for one of the clubs I shoot, OH16 and only one from another I play at while a third has all the results from this year. I'm guessing the updates for the score reporting isn't finished yet?

And I just noticed there are NO results from this year for one of the clubs I shoot, OH16 and only one from another I play at while a third has all the results from this year. I'm guessing the updates for the score reporting isn't finished yet?

Are they here ? I see some under OH16

http://www.uspsa.org/legacy/

Yea, the ones that are "missing" on the new site are on the old site, just not imported into the new area yet. I guess what I was asking is are there plans to important them over or not? If not, no big deal, they're still available.

I was just curious.

I'd like to see the last date they did reclassification right under where you enter the number too. That way you can tell if it's worth the time to type it in and look. Also, STILL requesting they update more than once a month.

JT

Some notes on things that Rob may have picked up already:

1 - There is no link to the juniors page

2 - I can't find the TOP 20 lists

3 - There's a request info, an office e-mail, but no staff list like before with the admin personnel, area directors and such

4 - In the LOCATE CLUB map, all the links work except Area 6.

5 - I agree. There shouldn't be only photos of open guns in the front page.

The website needed an update 5 years ago. Great job, Rob!

Classifiers By Club?

This, or a very similar question, may have been asked and answered.

On the old site, there was a place where you could enter a club number and select unprocessed classifiers, processed classifiers, or classifiers deleted without processing. I think it was uspsa.org > Additional Content > Classifiers By Club.

I'd use this to check to make sure the classifier(s) I'd recently shot had been uploaded. If not, I could begin harassing match directors about getting the stuff in on time. :P

Without it, I guess I just have to wait until the monthly update to see if anything is missing and then ask them to make sure it gets in on the following month.

I've been looking, but not finding.

Is this one of the things left out of Phase I, hopefully to be added later? Or is it hidden somewhere I just haven't looked?

EDIT: Never mind. I found the answer that I thought I'd seen before. Just couldn't find it until right after I posted, of course.

The "Classifiers by club" feature is not on the web site (that's coming in a later phase).
Edited by mgood

I think it would be useful to be able to have a "see my matches" button on the classifer page that could link all matches with my # in one place. This way, instead of having to look up match by match, club by club, they could all be linked in one location, just like the classifiers....

Other than that, 1000% improvement! :cheers:

A suggestion please;

On the old web-site I could download the full stage results that show the categories (Lady, Junior etc). When I select the stage results now I don't see those categories and it's making it difficult to locate the women's scores as I have to read the names instead of just looking for a marker in the Lady column. I'm trying to write the article for the Open/L10 match and not having much luck at the moment.

Thanks

First, it looks much better well done. Second, PLEASE put the classification lookup somewhere cleaner and possibly on the front page. I know I'm not the only one who looks these things up on the range on a mobile and navigating multiple pages gets messy. Also why you are at making things prettier can the classification look up page highlight the table rows for the current 6 classifiers making up your average?