Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

Regarding the range layout, looking for the most practical way to move about.

Would a shooting cart be helpful?

Can we drive to each stage?

Are all stages so close you can work out of your vehicle?

Just planning what to bring.

Craig

There are 12 bays one after the other in a line. Bring a cart or wagon and a chair. A ranger or 4 wheeler is an option but it's not necessary at all.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig

There are 12 bays one after the other in a line. Bring a cart or wagon and a chair. A ranger or 4 wheeler is an option but it's not necessary at all.

Thanks. I think I will try Trooper class this time since I am

shooting rimfire. :rolleyes:

Craig

Craig

Craig

Hope you're carrying lots of water Craig. Looks like another Stockton this weekend.

Craig

Craig

Hope you're carrying lots of water Craig. Looks like another Stockton this weekend.

What, no meat locker/shower trailer to cool down in? Switching to a Camelback

for this one.

Craig

Aight you guys. I'm off work now, gotta clean the rimfire up to a respectable shine, check zero, pack bags, pick up West, and we'll be there before dark tomorrow...

Where are you staying?

Aight you guys. I'm off work now, gotta clean the rimfire up to a respectable shine, check zero, pack bags, pick up West, and we'll be there before dark tomorrow...

Where are you staying?

With u!

Well I'll see dabotiyas tomorrow then!

I am no help with the address.....but I know that if you take route 66 east of I35.....it will go down to 45MPH near the fancy gas station....and you better keep it at 45mph!!....after that, a few miles east it will become a divided road....TURN left there(going north). When you see the sign that says dead end.....start looking for the road to the action pistol ranges....it's past the road to the shot gun ranges on the left side.

Hope that totally confuses you....nah....pretty easy actually.

Tim

Great match, great people, great lessons on how (and how not) to shoot a rifle!! Who knew you could make such challenging rifle stages on primarily pistol bays. Thanx to Trapr, Kurt, and an excellent troup of RO's. Squad 3 rocks!!

Are the final results going to be posted somewhere?

Dave

Now that was fun!

Good Job,, Kurt, Trapr, and all the RO's!

good prize table!!

You made it fun,,

Lots of speeeeedy shooters,, Good to see a buch of Enos folks ,, put the names with the faces.

Long ride home got home this morning!! gona be a long day at work,,,

Had a great time!

Thank you Trapper and Kurt! It was an excellent match with lots of challenges. There's a few new items on my 'to do' list now! Squad 10 was outstanding, good to see old friends and make new ones! And Jesse, thanks for the hospitality. Now it's time for more coffee, I'm still dehydrated! :)

What are the targets that were on the cones? They look frustrating. :ph34r:

We shot these things http://www.do-alltraps.com/shootinggallery/targetinfo/groundbounce.html

And soft balls. None of which were consistent. Homie don't miss 10 in a row at 10 yards or use 30 rounds to hit 3 inside 25 yards:(

I wish I would have had some Hornady TAP!

It was a fun match! However, I'll never look at traffic cones in the same light ever again...

Thanks to all that made it happen, and to squad 3. :cheers:

Excellent match. Fun stages and awesome ROs. Great shooting with you Kyle, and congrats again on the well deserved win. Maybe you can let me use your rifle next time and I will let you use mine :rolleyes: No, I wouldn't do that to anyone except maybe the Taliban.

In spite of the often single shot status of my rifle and intermittent dot, the match was a lot of fun. I actually had good luck with the balls and cubes as the .22 seemed to take them down fine. I know that wasn't the case for many of the 5.56 shooters.

I will be back next time and with a functioning rifle.

Craig

What are the targets that were on the cones? They look frustrating. :ph34r:

We shot these things http://www.do-alltraps.com/shootinggallery/targetinfo/groundbounce.html

And soft balls. None of which were consistent. Homie don't miss 10 in a row at 10 yards or use 30 rounds to hit 3 inside 25 yards:(

I wish I would have had some Hornady TAP!

Jesse, looks like soft points or hollow points were in order, over FMJ's. Kind of like shooting bowling pins.