Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

I was informed that the Oklahoma State Blackpowder championships are being held the same weekend as the HPSC, how the conflict occurred I do not know I tried to make sure there was no issue before I announced the dates,

Trapr

I had to look twice to see if I had the correct month here:

http://www.okcgunclub.org/cgi-bin/calcium39.pl?CalendarName=okcgc&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2011%2F6%2F1

No mention of High Plains match and several other activities scheduled...

Is the match full yet? Did I miss the capacity in previous posts?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went and verified that a rimfire would take the steel I want to use down, out to 110yds. its all looking good but 4moa steel sure looks small over the top of iron sights.

especially when its not contrasted to the background, which is how I shot it.

trapr

trapr

Did you try rimfire minor loads (aka standard velocity) ammo on the long range steel targets? :cheers:

Barry

No, but I can!!!, however the steel will be calibrated with HV ammo since it is the most prevalent available ammo available.

But I'll check standard velocity and post it here, tuesday, which is the soonest I'll be able to get to the range.

trapr

• 3 weeks later...

Trapr,

I'm hopefully sending in my app this week. My wife, kids, and I are driving back to Wis for July 4th weekend so we might just make Oklahoma a stop along the way and get up to the midwest a few days early!

Just wondering how full the match is for centerfire? Are most guys shooting magnified?

It was great shooting the AR15 match last weekend with you, Kurt, and Curly.

Ben

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What hotel/motels look good? I stayed someplace before, but I am open to suggestion. There is the complex with HI Express, Hampton, Comfort, and Fairfield on I-35, exit 141. There or elsewhere?

Lee

I live 5 miles up the road and that is your best bet unless you want cheaper. if you want cheaper you will want to look at the older properties closer to the downtown Edmond area.

Whatever you do don't stay at the Habana Inn down in OKC.

Edited by jtischauser

Brian I've got a room and a rental car. The flight is all you need to figure out.

Ryan

The generosity of 3 gunner's always amazes me. Thanks for the offer Ryan, but I can't make this one. I was just wanting to bust Jesse's balls.

I'm going to try real hard to get to the shotgun match next year though.

Jesse how much for a room, and will your wife make breakfast each morning? Oh, that wasn't an offer, was it????

I got two rooms for rent. 12 beers a night each. If you can get my wife to cook your a better man than I am.

What are you talking about? She makes great pancakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nordic comp has promised us 2 complete rifles one CF and one RF, plus a bunch of other goodies, Bushnell has some good stuff on the way as well.

We currently have about 20 more slots available, if you have been procrastinating!!! I'd hurry up an get an app sent in.

Trapr

• 3 weeks later...

Hornady has sent some goodies, BoomerShooter.com has agreed to support us and will be giving away its slot to a lucky member so look them up to see how to get the slot.

Also remember to bring an extra 20.00 with you if you want to purchase a "mulligan" for the match, you will get ONE only, and will be able to use it on any stage that you feel you want to reshoot for a better score. The use of the mulligan must be decided almost immediately after shooting the stage, prior to you signing the score sheet, normal signing and verification procedures will be recognized. You will then be placed at the end of the shooting order and reshoot the stage, your "new" score will be used. You must purchase the mulligan prior to the match starting on June 25 (for competitors), so do it when you register. There will be NO sharing of mulligans, you will not be able to purchase your buddies we will assign you a numbered mulligan and verify that it is yours.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog