Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rimfire entries have increased, if memory serves me right, rimfire has the most but its pretty close.

Trapr

Trapr,

The match looks AWESOME! That's for both centerfire and rimfire. Honestly, I can't see why anyone would shoot centerfire after seeing the stages :rolleyes:

One of these days/years....

i went and verified that a rimfire would take the steel I want to use down, out to 110yds. its all looking good but 4moa steel sure looks small over the top of iron sights.

especially when its not contrasted to the background, which is how I shot it.

trapr

OK back on post #117 I said that monopods were not allowed and then contradicted myself later. so I'm going with a VFG or magazine can be used to monopod off of but only those items and only because some of you have VFG on your guns and all of you should have magazines and they will be in very close proximity to the ground or props at times, so rather than try to have my RO's make a call on whether someone is using a VFG as a monopod, or not, I'll just say its OK.

BTW, If someone shows up with one of the original hedgehogs or porcupines I'll let you use it for the entire match, provided you do not start bleeding. :devil:

Trapr

I was informed that the Oklahoma State Blackpowder championships are being held the same weekend as the HPSC, how the conflict occurred I do not know I tried to make sure there was no issue before I announced the dates, but apparently there is so,......................................................The match is cancelled, just kidding!!!!

i'm going to have change stage 1 from its current configuration and make the targets a bit smaller due to shorter ranges, good news is I'll bump the round count up a bit by adding a couple more knockdown targets, it also allows me to try out some of our new sponsor "Do All Outdoors" new knockdown targets that can be shot safely at short distances. Better start working on your offhand shooting position more.

Trapr