Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squad 8 was great! Met some new people, shot with some people hadn't got to before...If I hadn't gotten to shoot on the squad, I never would've gotten to see the stuffing knocked out of a softball. Learn something new every day! :roflol:

Good shooting with you as well Denise!

IMG-20110626-00070.jpg

Scores are also posted here:

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/11scores/jun11/2011HPC_Finals.pdf

Here are some unofficial overall numbers with all divisions together using just a simple sort by Total Time not stage percentages. Interesting to see how well the 1x guys did vs. the optics guys. Unfortunately the rim fire guys had a much tougher long range so they didn't climb up the results list like one would expect.

Unofficial Overall Results

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Thanks for a great match. That range is fantastic and there was just enough shade to not get completely roasted. I didn't like the orange targets. (But I plan on finding some to practice with shotgun for next year. B) ) I think it would be interesting to know how the accuracy scoring played out by comparing it to the raw times with stage points without using the loss of accuracy penalty or bonus. Do you think it changed anything dramatically?

Edited by assaulter

Here are some unofficial overall numbers with all divisions together using just a simple sort by Total Time not stage percentages. Interesting to see how well the 1x guys did vs. the optics guys. Unfortunately the rim fire guys had a much tougher long range so they didn't climb up the results list like one would expect.

does that include penalties?

I like this method much better, moved me up the list.

I like this method much better, moved me up the list.

Ya Buddy.,,,, it moved me up a bunch too!!!

Well first off I wouls like to thank The Oklahoma City Gun Club for letting us use all there wonderful props and range facility. I would also like to thank the guys who helped set up the match...all 11 stages were set up by 6 guys. Eric Miller, Jimmy Holdsworth, Dale Culver, Mike Cyrwus and Trapr and I. Jesse Tischauser also dropped by and lent a hand after work, THANK YOU GUYS!!

Next and FORE-MOST I would Like to thank Ken Hebert. We had 2 R.O.s drop at the last second and Ken stepped right up and said he would help anyway possible. We got him shot through (which never helps the good old score)and he ran the long range stage. He was working long after all his squad mates were drinking beer! If not for Ken we would have still been shooting the match. The sacrafice in his over-all standing and selfless thought of helping out shouldn't go un-noticed so the next time you see Ken give him a Thanks!!!

I would also like to point out that all targets fell and were repainted for EVERY shooter and we pretty much ran on time, even without the requiered number of R.O.s so I guess it really can be done in the U.S. as well. Thanks to all of you that came and shot and survived the sweltering heat....you all deserve a big THANKS as well!!! KurtM

Edited by kurtm

Well first off I wouls like to thank The Oklahoma City Gun Club for letting us use all there wonderful props and range facility. I would also like to thank the guys who helped set up the match...all 11 stages were set up by 5 guys. Eric Miller, Jimmy Holdsworth, Dale Culver, and Trapr and I. Jesse Tischauser also dropped by and lent a hand after work, THANK YOU GUYS!!

ahem, ahem.

Need to ask Ken, when you see him , what it is like to shoot a Really Hot Gun, temperature wise, after running all the stages in 75 min or close to that, and shooting the long range last , it singed most of the hair off of his left forearm. It was also not good for accurcy, both from the hot barrel and just trying to hold the D*MN thing.

I wasnt really gonna admit to getting my gun that hot.. :blush:

Thanks for the props Kurt. I've always got my friends backs.

BTW, thank you to all the squads that I shot through. I know I didnt get to help tape and reset for you individually, but I appreciate you doing it for me.

Edited by ken hebert

• 12 years later...

Once the Practical Rifle match that I started a few months ago coalesces into more of an establishment at OKCGC, we can look at using it’s spot on the calendar as a placeholder weekend for a major rifle match.  We got it put on the calendar as a monthly match several weeks ago for the remainder of the year, so it can carry over to subsequent years moving forward.  It’s already drawing more competitors and generating more money than everything except USPSA.

2 hours ago, Dr Mitch said:

Once the Practical Rifle match that I started a few months ago coalesces into more of an establishment at OKCGC, we can look at using it’s spot on the calendar as a placeholder weekend for a major rifle match.  We got it put on the calendar as a monthly match several weeks ago for the remainder of the year, so it can carry over to subsequent years moving forward.  It’s already drawing more competitors and generating more money than everything except USPSA.

Be sure to advertise it in the DFW 3 Gunners Facebook group- we have a thriving community down here and you might be able to get some to drive up for matches depending on which weekends they are.  We had a local carbine match last December and drew nearly 60 competitors.

Edited by rboyes