Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here's a great question .... Does anybody know if they are using any of the newly constructed bays for this weekends match? With the size of those new bays, they could certainly set up some Awesome (read big/large) stages.

I was told they are not using the new bays for this match.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a great question .... Does anybody know if they are using any of the newly constructed bays for this weekends match? With the size of those new bays, they could certainly set up some Awesome (read big/large) stages.

The new bays are under water - but there is some small

steel at long distances (didn't measure them, but looks

like 25 yards?).

They're using the same ten bays ( plus chrono station)

as in the past.

Looks like a challenging course.

Same here...can't wait. 5am wake up, 6am on the road. Plan is to drive straight there and see some action late tomorrow. Shooting Sat PM/Sun AM.

Not looking forward to the 8+hour drive (wishful thinking). :wacko:

Drove from SC today (I-95 to I-4). Traffic was congested on I-95 from GA-FL line to Daytona (yup - race weekend), but Orlando was truly bad. Hit the outskirts of Orlando at 3:00 pm (I THOUGHT I was ahead of 'rush hour' :wacko: ) and it took an hour to go 20 miles - 4 lanes of traffic going 15 to 20 miles per hour. And I have no idea why ... No traffic accidents, no road construction, no lane closures, etc. Passed several signs that said "Minimum Speed 40 mph." I wish! It added an hour to my trip.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Same here...can't wait. 5am wake up, 6am on the road. Plan is to drive straight there and see some action late tomorrow. Shooting Sat PM/Sun AM.

Not looking forward to the 8+hour drive (wishful thinking). :wacko:

Drove from SC today (I-95 to I-4). Traffic was congested on I-95 from GA-FL line to Daytona (yup - race weekend), but Orlando was truly bad. Hit the outskirts of Orlando at 3:00 pm (I THOUGHT I was ahead of 'rush hour' :wacko: ) and it took an hour to go 20 miles - 4 lanes of traffic going 15 to 20 miles per hour. And I have no idea why ... No traffic accidents, no road construction, no lane closures, etc. Passed several signs that said "Minimum Speed 40 mph." I wish! It added an hour to my trip.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Thanks for the update Linda. Thankfully I realized the other day the 500 was this weekend, so my plan is to take 95 down to Jacksonville, then the 10 to 301, to 75 to FL Tpke. It's a longer route, but I'm avoiding Daytona at all costs, and hopefully the FL Tpke is far enough south of Orlando that I won't run into the early rush hour. ( fingers crossed )

How long did it take you to get there from Columbia?

Heading over this afternoon, even though I don't shoot until Saturday @1. Of course I woke up this morning feeling sick, go figure. Should still be a good time.

Not sure about small steel at 25 yards but..........

95 from Jax down to Daytona wasn't that bad. I-4 into Orlando was worse, but it didn't get really stupid until you hit the city limits and all the way to the exit for 27. 27 wasn't was bad, but the traffic lights kinda sucked. If you're driving in tomorrow, give yourself some extra time.

Doing this match in one day is brutal but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

It was fun, the staff running the stages are great, the stages are challenging and the weather was awesome.

I hope to do it again but my squadmates for this year are wanting to do it in 2 days next year. Pansies....

Thanks to Frank and all the RO's and staff that helped put this match on.

Thanks to the sponsors too.

Thanks again.

Wally,

your a good man sir!

I hope you had a good match, wish I did, I came down with a head cold, couldn't think and shooting it in one day nearly killed me!

Hopefully see you at SC State.

So travel plans have changed for getting to the Florida Open.

If anyone is flying in Thursday evening, I really need a ride from the Orlando (MCO) airport Thursday 17th around 7pm down to Lake Wales area, the Hampton just North of the match on 27.

If anyone can help, I am meeting my friend down there, so have a ride back, just need to get from the airport to the hotel?

PM, e-mail lexor40cal@aol.com or call me 770-335-2236

I am traveling light, as ammo is already there.

Peter

Sent email.

Wally

Doing 10 stages in one day is what we europeans accustomed to. Nothing special, just all day long fun. :)

I see a few competitors who we compeate to here in europe. I think Production champion will be Ljubisa Momcilovic our Serbian friend! Go Ljubisa!!!

Doing 10 stages in one day is what we europeans accustomed to. Nothing special, just all day long fun. :)

I see a few competitors who we compeate to here in europe. I think Production champion will be Ljubisa Momcilovic our Serbian friend! Go Ljubisa!!!

Maybye Vaclav Vinduska will win...

Ramas,

10 field courses?

Or the standard 3-2-1 IPSC stage ratio?

Yoshi, I'm with you in that 10 30 rounders can be brutal to do in 1 day. I shot it in 2 days last year and it worked out great. Plus I know you're from warm, sunny Cali, but for us East Coasters, when you're in Florida you really don't want to leave the Sunshine state, so we try to stretch it out as long as we can! B)