Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages and squad lists

Howard762

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, if I remember correctly they posted them about a month out from the match. We are now well inside that time frame and I am jonesin to see them before I get to the range, well at least get a rough idea what I will be seeing when I get to the range. :(

Joe W.

I'd say for this year it's safe to bet the squad list and stages will be posted at the same time frame/interval as the MG nationals.

Umm - Actually, at the Multi Gun Nationals we used the online squadding system. Everyone was aware of which squad they were on, unless they waited until the last 10 days to sign up.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician

Ok, would it be better if I said stages ONLY will be posted around the same time frame/Interval as when the MG stages were posted?

But I'm thinking squad list will probably be posted around the same time too.

Compared to last year, it seems everything is being posted later.

I'm surprised they aren't using the online squadding system this year. (I'm also surprised Linda used it for the MG nationals.)

They had 156 shooters at this years MG Nationals.

I'm wondering if the self squadding system is capable of handling 400+ shooters.

Edited by yoshidaex

I'm surprised they aren't using the online squadding system this year. (I'm also surprised Linda used it for the MG nationals.)

They had 156 shooters at this years MG Nationals.

I'm wondering if the self squadding system is capable of handling 400+ shooters.

Sperman is obviously aware that I HATE online squadding. :wacko: This was the first time I ever used it. Request of the MD - not my choice. Can't say I'm in a huge hurry to use it again. It was a lot more work than my usual method.

Self squadding easily handles Area 6 each year with 375 plus shooters.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Every year USPSA seems to be more disorganized around the stage, squad, and registration aspects of Nationals. The sign in at Tulsa went off without a hitch for Nationals, in and out in less than 10 minutes. Last year there was one person, one box, and a line 90 minutes long.

Moderators I hope this does not qualify as a rant or hate section.

Every year USPSA seems to be more disorganized around the stage, squad, and registration aspects of Nationals. The sign in at Tulsa went off without a hitch for Nationals, in and out in less than 10 minutes. Last year there was one person, one box, and a line 90 minutes long.

Why don't you volunteer your time then to help out with registration?

We are currently working squadding and it should be posted soon. Again, there are some late entrants, and they have squad requests, too, so we are trying to accommodate as many people as we can.

We also plan to expedite registration this year, so there should not be one long line.

And, for the final time, the self squadding system does not work with the way USPSA HQ does registration, because that information is tied into their database and it does not import well at all. Additionally, there are just as many squad request calls with self squadding as there are with the way we do it.

Troy

We are currently working squadding and it should be posted soon. Again, there are some late entrants, and they have squad requests, too, so we are trying to accommodate as many people as we can.

We also plan to expedite registration this year, so there should not be one long line.

And, for the final time, the self squadding system does not work with the way USPSA HQ does registration, because that information is tied into their database and it does not import well at all. Additionally, there are just as many squad request calls with self squadding as there are with the way we do it.

Troy

And that is the point I was trying to make about online self squadding. There were MORE emails and phone calls (& PM's on this forum & Facebook messages :wacko: ) regarding squadding using the online system than I've ever had just squadding the match myself. I kept hearing how much easier it was, but that was not my experience. Won't use it again.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

The stages look interesting, can't wait to see them in person and give them a good try. Over the years I have learned what all goes into the smaller clubs, I wouldn't dream of taking on something as big as the Nationals. Thank you to all that give your time and energy to pull this match off.

Joe W.

I'm surprised at that Linda... We had good luck with it. I think the stuff you were getting is because people had control and when you do that they often have questions to go with it.... Say that, as opposed to letting them know, "this is the way it is."

I like letting the shooters have more control over their match and will continue to use online squadding even though it's a bit more work for us.

The stages look good.... not a lot of monkey shines either. I'm not big on gerbil activity. Big matches should be about the shooting and this seems to be that. I can't wait to see the videos on it. Good luck to you all... be safe, have fun.

DVC

JT

Edited by JThompson

I agree with Linda. As a MD it is just as simple to do it manually and the control makes it easy to make changes or get people where they need to be for any of several reasons. I was able to accomodate all squad requests up to about 2 days before, and self-squadding wouldn't have allowed for that either. I'm in no hurry to make that switch.