Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sense Of Accomplishment...

Ron Ankeny

I like the sense of accomplishment that I get when I achieve a goal or finish an undertaking. No matter what the accomplishment, I get a warm fuzzy from experiencing success and knowing I gave it my best shot.

Here's a picture of one of the ways I kill time in the off season when I am not dry firing or loading ammo.

chest.jpg

It's a "chest on chest" that I made while tinkering around in the shop. Solid walnut throughout, polished brass and porcelain pulls, dovetail drawers...I am glad it's finished.

Man, if that's "tinkering" just think what you could do if you really put your mind to it!!! My brother owns a cabinent shop and puts out some incredible stuff, I'm sure he would like what you built!

See ya in Dubois sometime this summer.

Ron...you gamer...that picture only shows two sides. :):):)

Yeah ... it could be like those old west town movie sets ... all front and side! :P

It is a sweet looking piece o' furniture, though. You have to have patience and well as mad, crazy skills to get that kind of work done.

Being myself a person who cannot go to sleep a good night if I haven't hand-made built, fixed or repaired something at home that requires manual work, I always admired people with great manual skills.

Ron,

I'd say you got another M card, in something different from shooting! ;)

VERY nice chest!

Though whenever I see something lke like that I always think "How heavy is that gonna be?!?!?" :lol:

I thought the same thing, but then heavier is usually better for such things ... as long as someone ELSE moves it around for you!

Yeah, it's heavy. I have never sold a piece of furniture, I keep them or give them away to relatives. I think most of you know I are a school teacher. In addition to teaching computer stuff, I also teach woodworking. In fact I have taught woods for 26 years. I use school equipment and facilities when I "tinker" so selling something would be out of the question. It wouldn't be right to use taxpayer facilities for personal profit.