Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nationals Slots

Shooter Grrl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would've been higher on the list but I forgot to click the match I was asking to be on the wait list for (Open/Production) and I had to click back and choose the match. I am still #18 on the wait list though so I will pay up my $25 tonight. I already had a slot for the Limited match.

Oops....I just read that I can pay tomorrow but not tonight. They temporarliy disabled the payment function to help keep the system from overloading. Good idea by the way.

Does anyone else think the # of waiting list people signing up is much higher than last year? I had to sign up a shooting buddy as he was on the road (Already have my slot) and due to my slow computer it was accepted at 8:01 and he is # 149 on the O/Pro match list. last year another buddy forgot the the next morning and was 128 on the list?

Yeah just realized that. It sure does help to actually read the stuff and not just skim though it.

9th on the limited wait list BTW.

Way to go. Beat me I'm 23.

MDA

Does anyone know how many slots total in the Open and or Limited Nationals. I slept thru the opening of the wait list and now have #190 for the Limited and #268 for open. What are my chances of coming up the list?

Last year were your the hightest Number on the wait list to get a slot and what was your Number?

A while back a firend of mine a GM got his slot and asked me if I was going to the Nationals. I asked him what would a "D" class shooter do there. Well I just made C in Limited and Open so my question is no longer valid. Of course a C won't win but they could learn a lot and have fun.

Last year were your the hightest Number on the wait list to get a slot and what was your Number?

I was about 394 - 396 for each shoot last year and got in.

HOW DO I PAY the $25 to hold my slot? There was nothing to fill out. :o

Read the webpage. It's all explained there. :)

All there...I was able to pay the $25 fee late last night.

Brief thread detour.........

I dont think The Orleans Hotel (official match hotel) has WIFI......did I miss something?

Is there a Starbucks nearby with WIFI?

BB

The Orleans does have wireless internet. It's either 8 or 9 dollars per day, I can't remember which. I was there in March for some meetings with the hotel people as well as the NROI Instructor's Conference. It's a nice place, much cleaner than many Vegas joints. They have 12 restaurants from Subway and Baskin-Robbins to TGIFridays, a sushi joint, a Tex-Mex cantina and a couple nice steak places. There's no Starbucks, but there is a Seattle's Best Coffee. The full list is available here: Orleans. They also have a bowling alley, cinema and no-smoking kid's zone with arcade, etc. They provide complimentary shuttle service to the strip and it's only 20 mins from the range.

If you have any other questions about the property please let me know, I'd be happy to answer them.

Kim

USPSA HQ

A while back a firend of mine a GM got his slot and asked me if I was going to the Nationals. I asked him what would a "D" class shooter do there. Well I just made C in Limited and Open so my question is no longer valid. Of course a C won't win but they could learn a lot and have fun.

Wouldnt you like to say you won C (or D) Class in your division at the Nationals? :rolleyes: I would. There's alot of pride, honor, and sense of accomplishment in winning your class at a Sectional or even an Area match, but ......... to win your class at the NATS is the ultimate class win.

Edited by Chris Keen

Kim,

Thanks for the info on the hotel it was very helpful. What are the chanves of getting a shuttle to run to teh range from the hotel; either a hotel shuttle or a private shuttle company. I'm sure a bunch of people, myself included, would take advantage of that over renting a car for $40 a day. Just curious.

Alfie

Brief thread detour.........

I dont think The Orleans Hotel (official match hotel) has WIFI......did I miss something?

Is there a Starbucks nearby with WIFI?

BB

The Orleans does have wireless internet. It's either 8 or 9 dollars per day, I can't remember which. I was there in March for some meetings with the hotel people as well as the NROI Instructor's Conference. It's a nice place, much cleaner than many Vegas joints. They have 12 restaurants from Subway and Baskin-Robbins to TGIFridays, a sushi joint, a Tex-Mex cantina and a couple nice steak places. There's no Starbucks, but there is a Seattle's Best Coffee. The full list is available here: Orleans. They also have a bowling alley, cinema and no-smoking kid's zone with arcade, etc. They provide complimentary shuttle service to the strip and it's only 20 mins from the range.

If you have any other questions about the property please let me know, I'd be happy to answer them.

Kim

USPSA HQ

Wonder if one of the major car rental agencies would work up a discount code deal thingy (like done for hotel) for incoming USPSA shooters?

Collectively "we" must number somewhere between 500 and 1000 potential car rentals for the Vegas Nationals?

But I'm sure the organizers have enough on their plate as it is.

BB

So if the stars and moon line up just right and I shoot SS at an Area match

that has however many shooters for the winner to earn a slot at nationals.

Even though I as shooteing SS would I get a slot for Open or Limited nationals

since USPSA doesn't give out slots for SS Nationals?

So much for shooting what got you there!!

Can someone explaine how this works?

Duane Eggers

Edited by Skizeks

So if the stars and moon line up just right and I shoot SS at an Area match

that has however many shooters for the winner to earn a slot at nationals.

Even though I as shooteing SS would I get a slot for Open or Limited nationals

since USPSA doesn't give out slots for SS Nationals?

So much for shooting what got you there!!

Can someone explaine how this works?

Duane Eggers

Hey Duane. The answer is no you would not earn a slot for anything but the division you are shooting. And SSD does not earn slots to the Nationals currently. If you earn a Nationals slot from an Area match shooting Limited then you will get a slot for that Nationals match and you can choose whichever division you want for that particular match (such as Limited/L10/Revo).

So!! If someone shoots SS all year long, pays there money when they shoot a classifier and gets a classification card.

You still have no chance to go to SS nationals no matter how well you did. Unless you put down your money and hope you get in line in time! Seems like a lot of rotary motion for SS.

Any other division you will have an opportunity to go to nationals by finishing well in that division and winning a slot.

How much screaming would be going on if all the nationals did away with awarding slots and have everyone enter a lottery?

This is how SS is done!

Duane Eggers

Duane,

I saw your post on the USPSA Forum on this. You clearly want to raise this as an issue. It is a thread drift here. And, it is a policy issue with USPSA. It doesn't belong here.

I do think it isworth a discussion, but it's best placed on the USPSA Forum: http://www.uspsa.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=943

(I'll kick in with you over there.)

- Admin.

• 2 weeks later...

Call the USPSA office, they can confirm. (They

were extremely busy monday with such calls.

TimE

If you sent in an acual slot (not the waiting list), where can one confirm that it is processed, status ??

If you sent in an acual slot (not the waiting list), where can one confirm that it is processed, status ??
You could check with your bank to see if the check was processed.

Mine are cleared, if I don't recieve my package I can always print copies as proof. Also retain the yellow copies of your registration forms.

• 1 month later...