Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stolen CCW Gun - Walther P99

Walther P99

Serial # 032970

Frame : Green

Slide : Blue/Black

Caliber: 9mm

I went to the gym as I have for the past few years, locked my bag (containing my gun, wallet, house keys, car keys) in the locker with a big-assed padlock on it.

Had my workout; Went down to the locker room and notice that my lock has been cut and replaced on the locker. I check with the staff to see if they had tried to cut off the lock for some reason, they had not. I checked the contents and my bag had gone.

It appears that the perp, got entry into the gym on a guest pass, went downstairs carrying a huge gym bag, cut the locks of 3 lockers, put the contents into the big bag and walked back upstairs to the reception desk. He asked if they revalidated parking tickets and was told that they did, but only for the garage below the gym. The perp said he had parked across the street so he would move his car to take advantage of the revalidation.

And walked away.

He was in the gym for less than 10 minutes, they have him coming and going on security cameras.

I have to get a new Driver's licence, CCW, Credit/Debit cards and worry about identity theft.

I am severely pissed off !

Yep; Police were called immediately and they have all the details of the gun (incl. serial number).

I've been trying to recall if I had anything in my wallet with my Social Security number on, they have my Driver's Licence and CCW permit that has my address on it, and they have my house keys.

I use a small neighborhood gym. I have a day pack with my gear in it. Change into my workout clothes and my street clothes, wallet and other important items go into the pack which gets hung on the coat rack in plain view of me during my workout. Call me paranoid but...

Pat

I know this is the hate forum and discussions are discouraged, so I'll get this in under the wire.....

Call the three major credit companys tomorrow. Have them put a new credit hold ( think that is what it is called ) on your SSN. That way the perp cannot get a new credit card in your name. If anyone tries to get new credit under your name, you will be contacted first. It doesn't cost anything, it lasts for i think 90 days, and then automatically expires. It doesn't prevent you from getting credit, it prevents someone from getting credit in your name.

Good luck, and I agree, that sucks...I hope you find the SOB.

I know this is the hate forum and discussions are discouraged, so I'll get this in under the wire.....

Call the three major credit companys tomorrow. Have them put a new credit hold ( think that is what it is called ) on your SSN. That way the perp cannot get a new credit card in your name. If anyone tries to get new credit under your name, you will be contacted first. It doesn't cost anything, it lasts for i think 90 days, and then automatically expires. It doesn't prevent you from getting credit, it prevents someone from getting credit in your name.

Good luck, and I agree, that sucks...I hope you find the SOB.

I put a credit freeze on my accounts with the three major credit rating companies (Experian, Equifax and Trans Union) a while back. $30.00 each with a fee to lift them when I want. Cheap insurance given the possible consequences.

Pat

Maybe he'll try and play Russian Roulette with your Walther!

Thievery is a crime which should be punished the old way.....There wouldn't be too many thieves....Hard to steal something when you have no hands....

Edited by GrumpyOne

I put a credit freeze on my accounts with the three major credit rating companies (Experian, Equifax and Trans Union) a while back. $30.00 each with a fee to lift them when I want. Cheap insurance given the possible consequences.

Pat

WOW, times have changed! When I did it, it was free. Can't remember when, probably 2-3 years ago.

Update: The low-life bought spent $234 at a local Target store, then got some gas and some KFC chicken (about $19) on my credit card. The next time he tried to use it, the card was blocked. I know the local Target store has security cameras at the entrance and also where the cash registers are, so there's a good chance they can get some nice clear shots of his face.

We constantly work credit card cases out of gym lockers.

A recommendation I make to audiences I give presentations to is to photo copy every itme in your wallet / purse. This includes the front and back of each card. This helps in remembering what exactly you had in there and notifications to those companies.

Target has some of the best CCTV systems in the retail industry. Hopefully they will be able to pull some good face shots of the suspect.

PM me with your contact information and I can reach to our Field Office near you. They might be working a case already involving him. Also, they can hook up with the detective assigned to the case and assist.

Jayson

Edited by NovaShooter

Update: I found out today that the same guy hit the 24-Hour Fitness gym in Boulder, high-tailed it to the Target store and made some big-ticket purchases. I spoke to the Detective running the case and gave him the details of the places where he had used my card. Hopefully they can get a license plate from one of them.

Tomorrow I have my second attempt at getting a new driver's license at the DMV.... ugh

Just a suggestion, but have you tried giving pictures to the local news and paper? The media is great for finding people very quickly; it's hard to hide when your face is all of the news.

A small $100 reward is a big motivator for even friends of thieves.

Hope he gets hit by a bus, and good luck.

I don't have the pictures, the police have them. I have not seen anything on the news about it. Its a shame that the police did not notify the other fitness centers in the area about the first theft on Monday. All of this could have been avoided if they had been fore-warned.

Small article in the local newspaper about it : Boulder Daily Camera

Edited by BritinUSA