Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SHOT #9

BLUTO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I basically spoilered this one for myself by turning it on halfway through the episode and seeing a lack of blake, haha. gonna try to catch it on hulu or the repeat tuesday night to see the first half of the show. 2nd half was great. awesome competition and more shooting, haha. Next weeks episode looks like a crazy amount of shooting and intense action and should be a great finale.

Kelly removed his glasses between stations because one eye is covered and thus would affect his normal vision. I think it cost him some time.

Exactly. It probably isn't very easy to run up a rugged hill with out any depth perception. Since episode one I felt like those taped up glasses were going to be a problem. Bummer. He's a tough competitor.

taking his glasses on an off didnt cause kelly to lose, loading the 2 or 3 rounds per firearm did. knocking an extra 2 seconds off those stages plus the time it took to empty and lock the pistol open would have been the deciding factor. the guys who shot 1 pistol shot saved time loading the mag and then could just throw the gun down and move.

Was actually really sad to see him go. liked the way he could adapt and really showed himself to be a strong competitor with all weapons, not just a rifle at long range...

I guess you guys rooting for Pete didn't see the post he made here on the forum after episode one. That told me all I needed to know about him.

Who would've thought that Blake would be eliminated on a pistol challenge?:surprise:

I hated to see Kelly go. I think if he hadn't been the first competitor it might have been different. Going first he set the bar pretty high, and forced the other guys to take risks to beat him. Unfortunately for him, 4 of them pulled it off.

I guess you guys rooting for Pete didn't see the post he made here on the forum after episode one. That told me all I needed to know about him.

Who would've thought that Blake would be eliminated on a pistol challenge?:surprise:

I hated to see Kelly go. I think if he hadn't been the first competitor it might have been different. Going first he set the bar pretty high, and forced the other guys to take risks to beat him. Unfortunately for him, 4 of them pulled it off.

Got a link to this, i can't find it?

Hated to see Blake and Kelly go. Blake was the other 300lb. gorilla besides JJ and Kelly was a bona fide giant killer. It would have been great to see it come down to Blake, JJ, and Kelly with a mixture of guns to master.

As an aside, does anyone know what the status of Tara's father is? She was a real competitor and I hated to see her leave. I think she could have been one to cut the fuse.

I just watched #9 via the interwebs... That pisode was by far the best of the season. I yelled at my computer when Blake pulled his shot. I was expecting to see Colby out there with a set of calibers. It's nice to know that even GM's get a case of the nerves every once in a while. And dang if he didn't take it like a man. I loved the remark about going home to put a million rounds through his production gun.

I honestly think Blake's little flinch will help my shooting. The next time I get up to the line on a tough stage I'm going to tell myself, "at least this isn't on national TV."

I was very sorry to see Kelly go home. That kid was truly the underdog who could keep cool under pressure. I'm kind of sorry to see him go but I'm rooting for JJ all the way.

And dang if [blake] didn't take it like a man. I loved the remark about going home to put a million rounds through his production gun..

+1! It was nice to see someone simply say "I screwed up. Now I'm going to practice til I don't do that any more."

FWIW, if I was JJ, I'd change all my jerseys to read "JJ Freakin' Recaza".

Got a link to this, i can't find it?

I cant either.. I thought I remember him posting, but cant find it through about 25pages of reading.

I might have caught a spoiler today for the final episode. Anyone who is curious can PM me and see if you draw the same conclusion. ;)

Come on! Somebody has to be curious. :devil:

curiosity killed the cat, PM'd :)

I might have caught a spoiler today for the final episode. Anyone who is curious can PM me and see if you draw the same conclusion. ;)

Me, too. PM Sent

Me, too. PM Sent

I may have pm'd but not sure? :ph34r: later rdd