Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun clean. Ammo loaded and gauged. Tennis elbow medicated. Airplane in good shape. Just need to find my game around here, and I'll be ready!

See you guys/girls maybe tomorrow, definitely Saturday! :cheers:

Just shot the match. The highlights: had a blast, got a sunburn on one leg, and only 2 mikes. (I've been told i'm doing ok for a c class shooting forth match.) If you didn't get to go you missed out. Thanks to Robert and the crew for hosting the most fun you can have on a friday.

I am absolutely apoplectic about not being able to shoot this match. I don't care about the lost match fees or the forfeited hotel reservation fees. Not being able to shoot with my good friends at an awesome match has me drinking alone with the shades drawn.

Good luck, guys. There are a few of you I'm looking to win your classes/divisions. I can't wait to see results.

Man that heat was terrible! Can we move the match back to the snow and rain? Just kidding! Fun times today. I got to meet a bunch of Enosians which is always cool. Next year im bringing a limited or open gun. Standing reloads in SS all day is tough especially when you miss a lot like me and have to do slide lock standing reloads.

Good luck to everybody! I hope you all tie for 2nd place.

Edited by jtischauser

I really enjoyed this match. The stages were fast and fun and true to the run and gun form that makes double tap awesome. I didn't win a bucket raffle, but I still walked away with a Burkett DVD, Saul Kirsch's book, and some other goodies even though my name was 2/3 of the way down the prize list.

On a side note, the improvements to the range are awesome and very much appreciated. I was on the fence about this one not because I haven't loved this match in the past, but because I've had some bad days in the mud there. The gravel made the range surface consistent and I wont ever worry about shooting a match here because of weather again. Thanks Robert - you put on a great match and take care of your shooters.

what a hot match, never underestimate the power of a cold towel. It saved my life. lol,We shot all 12 stages with the Jimmy Mitchell from Mitchell custom guns, and the boys from STI, definately some class acts. Fun stages, alot of run and gun. Robert definately desrves some kudos, for all the cool looking props, and the serpent comming out of the groud, that was awesome and must have took alot of time to build. It been a couple of years since I have been to DTR, and I must say Robert has done alot to the range to improve the quality of the match, ie. the limestone on each and every bay.

Had alot of fun, now just waiting on the results. this match is definately worth attending!!!

Video of the match, first person look at stages:

See y'all on Stage 4!!!

Steve

When I shot on Friday, we were told you could only put 1 mag on the table with the gun on stage 7. Having the second mag to charge the gun completely changed how the stage worked for a SS shooter.

Edited by sperman

Video of the match, first person look at stages:

See y'all on Stage 4!!!

Steve

When I shot on Friday, we were told you could only put 1 mag on the table with the gun on stage 7. Having the second mag to charge the gun completely changed how the stage worked for a SS shooter.

Same here. That wouldn't have made a huge difference for me, but for production and SS that completely changes the way you shoot the stage.

Man that heat was terrible! Can we move the match back to the snow and rain? Just kidding! Fun times today. I got to meet a bunch of Enosians which is always cool. Next year im bringing a limited or open gun. Standing reloads in SS all day is tough especially when you miss a lot like me and have to do slide lock standing reloads.

Good luck to everybody! I hope you all tie for 2nd place.

Jesse,

I enjoyed shooting with you yesterday. It was nice to meet the legend in person.

No threat from me in SS, but I had a blast.

Outstanding match! Great stages with lots of Run "N" Gun Shooting. The Range Staff and especially the RO's deserve a special thank you for their hard work; it was/is freakin HOT!! I barely made it through the heat shooting all 12 stages on Friday and I ain't gonna lie, it kicked my butt. Couldn't imagine two more days out there.

Squad 10 was a great bunch of guys. Enjoyed shooting with old friends and meeting new!!

Thanks all!!

Jack

Edited by Jack T