Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

Hello all. I'm ROing one of the stages this weekend and shot the RO match this last weekend.

While the wind is brutal (reminiscent of the last Larue match at Tiger Valley), there is enough splash to walk your rounds into target--sometimes even without magnification. This range is always windy, so I'm confident the conditions will be similar for the main match.

The 90 second par time was perfect. Plenty of time for good shooters, and a huge time saver for newer shooters.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the wind is brutal (reminiscent of the last Larue match at Tiger Valley), there is enough splash to walk your rounds into target--sometimes even without magnification. This range is always windy, so I'm confident the conditions will be similar for the main match.

The 90 second par time was perfect. Plenty of time for good shooters, and a huge time saver for newer shooters.

I tried to walk them in at 300 - only the wind gusted 10-35 as I shot so the correction was never right. Seems like no matter how far I held off to the right, it hit a half-target left. :wacko:

I am pretty slow, and except for when I made a horrible mistake in planning and execution, only came close to timing out a couple times and that was "bang-beeeep". There were some first-match-ever shooters who timed out alot. While we welcome them, a big match is a tough place for a new shooter.

I think my glass was on backwards the way I shot, but it was fun (except for the frustrating parts) :D

Quick tip for people worried about the 90 second limit-- shoot the easy targets first. I saw people use up all their time on long plates, leaving a whole lot of easy hits on the table.

I think my glass was on backwards the way I shot, but it was fun (except for the frustrating parts) :D

Quick tip for people worried about the 90 second limit-- shoot the easy targets first. I saw people use up all their time on long plates, leaving a whole lot of easy hits on the table.

Thanks for the tip. I'm in Squad 8.

Luckily, I'm shooting a different division from Jammie, so there's still a chance I might win something... ;)

Just wondering, did anybody make it through all 3 of the long range bunkers? Big props if you did, especially in that wind.:bow:

We were in squad 1 and shot it towards the end of the day on Saturday. One of the guys Ro'ing that stage said that the best was 9 targets. We had a shooter do 7.

Very true. Most of the stages are designed to give the shooter a lot discretion on how they want to shoot them, and the shooter can choose to leave the long range targets toward the end if they'd like in most cases.

Also, if you have a row of longer range targets then engage each one first then come back and make up misses so you don't get additional fail to engage penalties (+5 seconds each) if you time out.

Edited by topgunpilot20

Shred, I read the stage description as close to far, with no skipping, so how do you shoot all the close targets without hitting the far ones???? or are you saying just shoot the first three ONLY??? or did it change!!!!

trapr

Shred, I read the stage description as close to far, with no skipping, so how do you shoot all the close targets without hitting the far ones???? or are you saying just shoot the first three ONLY??? or did it change!!!!

trapr

Or he was talking about other stages,,,

trapr

I believe he was talking about the other stages. Stage 7 is scored differently than the rest, and the targets must be hit from near to far then you must change positions and start over.

Kudos to Jammie for doing so well at this match only two short week after tearing his calf muscle at Superstition Mountain. It took me several months to get over that, and here he is wining a match! OUTSTANDING!!!

Kudos to Jammie for doing so well at this match only two short week after tearing his calf muscle at Superstition Mountain. It took me several months to get over that, and here he is wining a match! OUTSTANDING!!!

It was just a tear in the scare tissue from the RM3G Tear

Besides I move slow any way

I don't have any dilutions that I will ever -Win- a match of any size. Setting a high stage score for even just one day of a match is the high point of my year.

Don't rain on me for finding some joy :P

The most I can ever hope for is to shoot close to my capability

Edited by AlamoShooter

trapr

Trapr, that message was specifically for you. He wants you to stop trying to engage the targets after you hit the close one. :ph34r:

Does anyone know?

If we can't make check in at the range on Thursday by 6.30pm, when can we register? Friday morning before the shooter's meeting? Or can we have someone else pick up our score sheets and just sign the range waiver Friday morning?

Thx!

Does anyone know?

If we can't make check in at the range on Thursday by 6.30pm, when can we register? Friday morning before the shooter's meeting? Or can we have someone else pick up our score sheets and just sign the range waiver Friday morning?

Thx!

I saw someplace that Check in went later than that,,,,, but now I re-looked it looks like 0630PM,,,

Edited by M ammo

Does anyone know?

Thx!

I saw someplace that Check in went later than that,,,,, but now I re-looked it looks like 0630PM,,,

I need to know this as well as it looks like my arrival time will be later than that Thursday night.

I too had a great time out at the RO weekend! The stages were very fun and challenging, without being needlessly complicated or frustrating, and all of the stages looked awesome. I was very impressed by how smoothly the match ran even though they were still working out a few kinks. The wind was pretty brutal both days, but I guess that's just part of the territory. I wish I could have made it out next weekend to see all of the festivities, but I'm just glad to have shot the match. Best of luck to everyone next weekend.

Does anyone know?

Thx!

We were hoping you could register us!

We won't get in until late Thursday evening.

Don't worry. You will be able to sign in before the match starts that morning. Hammer down at 0730 after the shooters meeting. So get there early.

Jason :ph34r:

The official word:

645a registration however it is strongly encouraged to be at Thursdays registration.

If you register Friday morning, please know what stage you are going to and be ready to shoot pretty quick. Like, have magazines loaded, shotgun trays loaded, whatever, for your first stage. Some of us do that anyway, but we have new shooters at the match.

Does anyone know?

Thx!

We were hoping you could register us!

We won't get in until late Thursday evening.

Hahaha! I was gonna ask you! We'll be arriving late Thursday as well because someone I know is a slave to the time clock (boo-hiss on PTO policies). Ah well, it'll be fine. BTW, we're doing the distance stage in the afternoon - be ready for some wind adjustments. The wind does like to blow at this range - I think it has more to do with the certain northern states sucking. :roflol: