Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more

RickyH

I think I'm one of the earlier converts to the 12moa dot and I don't see going back now...actually sold all my 6 and 8mmoa dots. I've actually put 16moa dots on my steel guns since the shots are all pretty close. I haven't seen a drop in accuracy and even at 50yds, the dot is barely filling up the width of the A-zone.

Here's a somewhat newer thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71788&view=findpost&p=831049

Early on shooting open I found a 12 to be very helpful in finding the dot especially with odd positions and , after my presentation was grooved and I no longer found myself searching for the dot in awkward positions I have switched back to an 8.

The one drawback to the larger dot was the target coverage at longer distances.

just shot a 50 yd fixed time classifier last sunday...with an 8. going back to a 6 now-that sucker covered the A zone at 50!

You realize that's not possible right? An 8moa covers roughly 8" at 100yds and 4" at 50yds. The A is much bigger than 4" wide (6" give or take). Your 8 would have to really be a 12 for that to have happened ;)

At the 08 Nationals I did pretty well on the 40yd standards with a 12 and any points I dropped wasn't the dot. I'm certain that it's a matter of getting used to seeing the bigger dot, because even an 8moa is nowhere near as wide as a typical front sight blade and almost nobody says a .100" wide blade covers too much of the A...even at 50yds. R,

I wrote a treatise on dot size a little while back... search on it... ;) I'm currently using a 6 - found a couple of modules that were bright. I can shoot the 12 quite accurately at any distance - you learn to use the top center edge of the dot much like you'd use a wide front sight. My problem with the 12 was that it was too much visual stimulus - I ended up shooting at brown far more than with a smaller dot...

I wrote a treatise on dot size a little while back... search on it... ;) I'm currently using a 6 - found a couple of modules that were bright. I can shoot the 12 quite accurately at any distance - you learn to use the top center edge of the dot much like you'd use a wide front sight. My problem with the 12 was that it was too much visual stimulus - I ended up shooting at brown far more than with a smaller dot...

I'm never against additional stimulus...oh wait, v i s u a l stimulus....got it. Never mind :P

I actually would like to try a 10, but I haven't seen one for sale in a long time...not sure why they stopped making them. R,

I'm never against additional stimulus...oh wait, v i s u a l stimulus....got it. Never mind :P

I actually would like to try a 10, but I haven't seen one for sale in a long time...not sure why they stopped making them. R,

I have 10s :)

Hello: I adjust the intensity of the dot if I am using it for tight shots. I turn the dot up for hoser stages and steel. I would look threw as many dots as you can to see what looks better to you. I have seen some dots that are bigger than others for the same size dot :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I went from an 8 to a 6 and i like it very much, most of our matches are inside during the year.

When shooting outside i have to make sure there is new battery in my c-more.

Not reciured for every target but for targets in the sun it's recuired.

The anti-glare shield als helps for this