Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LIMCAT OPEN GUN (RazorCAT)

nexus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet looking guns for sure. 2 out of 3 top Open shooters at Nationals (both men and women) were using Limcat guns last year.

Hell with the gun I can't get past your Avatar! !:surprise:

And she wears the pants in the family! :roflol:

• 5 weeks later...

watch for the cat in action on the next episode of Top Shot :cheers:

I watched the preview too. I was supprised how much the scope/mount bounced in recoil. I wonder if Johnny has seen highspeed video of the gun being fired.

I was thinking the same thing watching the movement in the optic and mount it seemed to bounce all over the place.

I would like to see others in slow mo, other platforms also.

It would be interesting to see how solid some of the mounts actually are.

They all bounce around and wiggle like that.

Check out Shred's videos on YouTube.

-Chet

hey guys! just making my mind about buying one!

It will be 9 major! Anyone who owns one in 9 major could give me some feedback? it is short or full size?

Anyone has experienced using Longshot with 9 major in this pistol?

Thanks!

I own one. I went with full size. It shoots really flat. I use silhoutte and vhita n350 and those are the only powder Johnny recommends for the pistol.

It will be 9 major! Anyone who owns one in 9 major could give me some feedback? it is short or full size?

Thanks!

Johnny lim, recommended Silhouette 7.8gr I ended up using 7.9-8.0 it works great. He was very adamant about Silhouette..

Thanks!

Johnny lim, recommended Silhouette 7.8gr I ended up using 7.9-8.0 it works great. He was very adamant about Silhouette..

7.8gr gives me about 171 PF. Dragoncat (turbocomp). Temp is about 70F. Silhouette meters well too, i think my SD was 5.

I have owned the Razorcat for over a year now - actually just the top end is new, my first Dragoncat top end developed a crack around the ejection port and while Johnny was warranteeing it I paid some extra and had him make the new top end the Razorcat. Can't say enough good about Johnny Lim, he is great guy have talked with him and his team shooters multiple times at the larger matches and he/they are the best and his guns are works of art and usually run flawlessly - if not he will quickly remedy.

Besides my shooting credo is that it's important to look like you can shoot, and this pistol portrays that image right up until the time that the buzzer goes off in my case. :blush:

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have just bought a new RazorCat 9mm.....long story.

I have been reading in many forum about using major load for the 9mm to solve the ejection issues.

I have a very good re-loader friend and we would like to ask what exact weight for the major load....this is to help so we are not messing around with all different loads and gives us a good weight to start experimenting with!

I hope someone can help in our quest.....

Thanks

Quinn doesn't bounce like that...

Keep in mind this was a proto and early testing. The Quinn 2 is lower and back more.

JT

The Quinn does bounce like that, it's not the mount it's the C-More sight design. You can see the C-more lens going down and up in a horizontal motion in that video, it's just harder to see because of the angle and color of the C-more sight. If it had been filmed from above with a straight down perspective, it would be much easier to see.

All C-mores do it. You will not notice it while firing because of the speed at which it happens. The material is designed to flex and so it returns to an accurate zero (for all intents and practical purposes) after every shot.

I remember seeing the mount itself flexing. Perhaps the cmore iteself does as well, but the mount was twisting quite a bit.

Now, whether that mount flex is really even a problem is debateable. Some of the top shooters seem to be doing fine. I suppose as long as the zero is held and the dot comes back to the same place it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edited by BlueOvalBruin

Remember a Cmore mounted on it's side will *always* have a twisting motion to it's flex... it has to because the hinges are 90 degrees to the recoil movement and the slide movement, the comp is designed to flatten of of that, but it won't stop the slides inertia (or shouldn't - actually, to get technical, it will slow it slightly if it's designed right due to the downward pressure on the barrel at unlock, etc.

But either way, I'm still not convinced that a 90 (and it's all I've been shooting) is the way to go due to that hinge on the CMore... If only I could get the sideways dot distance above the bore, and and over the top mount, with out other compromises.... Darn it

Alan

I have a RazorCat built on a Para frame in 9 major. I absolutely love this gun. It shoots flatter and cycles faster than any of my other guns. Johnny Lim is an absolute artist and genius, not to mention, a super nice guy. He stands behind his work. I have another friend who has a FlashCat (the same gun as K.C.'s) that is built on a Caspian frame. It takes S_I mags, and because my friend is left handed, the gun has the scope mount and thumb rest on the right side of the gun. The gun is really a work of art.

Get a RazorCat, or any of Johnny's guns, you won't be disappointed. That's my opinion....

Thanks,

Z

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new Flashcat open gun. It is the newest design by Limcat. The wait is dependent on orders but 9 months is about minimum. There are no mags with the gun. Price is right at $5m. It is the flattest shooting gun I have ever owned. Mine is 9mm and I switched to a Quinn 11 90 degree mount to get the dot as close to the barrel as possible.

Edited by Jaxshooter