Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is your Open Gun your favorite to shoot.. even outside of matches?

hawk45

Surprisingly my favorite plinking gun is my Glock 17. When there isn't any time pressure, I can do trick shots with that thing all day long. I don't mind loaning it out and I just tell them to pick up some 9mm ammo if they want to shoot it. The Open gun tends to digest too much ammo and I already put too many rounds through it in a year without help.

You said gun, not pistol, my favorite gun to shoot is my dedicated .22 AR with EOTech sight. I like to shoot is so much my thumbs get tired of loading mags. My open Glock is getting alot more fun as I get used to it.

Doug

NO. Usually a 22/45 with a Tactical Solutions comp barrel and C-More sight that way I can practice FINDING the DAMN dot. Two foot transitions are easy, 20 foot transitions are not. I do not make the drive to the range just for the fun of it. If I don't practice something then I shoud have stayed at home and dry fired. If I get bored practicing then I dig out a scope mounted Ruger 22 Competition with comp and try for 1 hole 50 yard groups. Can't even do it from a rest but that doesn't stop me from trying and springtime gophers are mine.

When I start to feel a little burned out, I'll get my grandfather's Rem. model 510 target master(22 single shot) and shoot 100 22 shorts, at bottle tops.

I usually feel pretty good afterward! That is my favorite gun to shoot.

When I start to feel a little burned out, I'll get my grandfather's Rem. model 510 target master(22 single shot) and shoot 100 22 shorts, at bottle tops.

I just shoot my 22LR open gun it be the one on top

post-16211-126679344504_thumb.jpg

used to be the favorite, but witht he higher costs of ammo, no...tho the comments on the public range about the 2 feet of flame coming out ofthe top ofthe thing is pretty funny

like everyone else, I am all about the .22's steel challenge season is coming up so gotta gets to practicin

Most fun? Hands down my Open gun with steel loads. It leaves me with a goofy smile on my face that lasts for days. Now if you include in cost, having to pick up SC brass, this, that, the other thing I'd have to say I prefer, oh yeah...... OPEN!! :P

I just shoot my 22LR open gun it be the one on top

That's one nice Limcat!!! Always nice to see pics of one.

My Ruger Single-Six in .22LR if a pistol. My Remington Nylon 66 if a rifle. I grew up shooting those two guns. The Nylon 66 has well over 100K rounds through it and still runs like a top although the barrel will need to be sleeved one of these days as it is about shot out.

I love my competition guns and I love to shoot them but dragging out my .22LRs from my teen years takes me back in time for awhile remembering the hundreds of jackrabbits and countless tin cans that were shot with those two guns. Ah...good memories.