Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-62

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very  fun stage...

I shot the second popper low center and it didn't go..so got the miss..but shot a 2.35 with an old iron sight open gun...should of shot it again..just to see..

in my LAMR..I decided..I was going to shoot six rounds only...no making up hits..just six...maybe should of made it up the shot.. but that wasn't my plan

• 4 weeks later...

I was messing around with this in practice the other day. Shot it 3 times, first one was 2.6 with 26 points, second was 2.77 with 30 points, and the third was 2.75 with 30 points. Glock 35 from Production holster.

The thing that did it for me on this was getting a good index and going balls to the wall. Don't need much of a sight picture, I'd attribute this to Type 2. Correct me if I'm wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Open (real foo-foo gun, not a Limited gun)

2.44 seconds, 28 points, 11.475 hit factor

Good draw, but bracketed the A zone with Charlies coming in and going out.

Man I love that kind of shooting. Very Steel Challenge-like, and relying on your index.

Eric,

That was a pretty nice run..... and if you'd had the 2 A's ...............

I dumped it pretty bad, came out of the holster nice, but didn't stay with the first shot, missed the first popper came across the middle 2 poppers and the paper really well and dropped the last shot...so had two poppers to make up so at that point the run was pretty much gone.........

Well it was consistant with my overall poor perfomance for the day...

laters,

gr

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We had this on today.

As E said, very "steel challenge" like. Index on an outside popper and go across.

I think I have a 95% in both Limited and Production. Draw was 1.21 (Limited) and 1.17 (Production).

Draw...Draw...Draw....then buurrrrnnn.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this one yesterday . It's probably my best classifier since I started shooting last Feb. . I won the match, C-class limited, for the first time too. 3.71 sec. 29pts. hf 7.816 . I had visions of going alot quicker , but it was a match and I felt like just getting a good clean run was the way to go. Pissed I dropped a point. I think I looked it off the paper trying to get my eyes over to the PP3. Fun classifier.

Bill

My "C" class L-10 self managed to squeak by with 53.5%, not helping my bid to reach "B" class this year.

To make it worse, one of our guys hosed this thing in somewhere around 2 seconds and I swear he was unloading and showing clear before the 1st popper hit the ground. Nearly gave me a complex...

• 2 weeks later...

This may be the funnest classifier ever. I shot it several times in different divisions, trying to get my classifications bumped up.

Limited with 5" SV: 6A's in 2.60. HF comes out to 11.538 or a 94.57% on the big screen.

Lim 10 with same gun: 5A's, 1 C in 2.57. HF is 11.284 or a 92.49% on the big screen.

Prod with Glock 35: 6A's in 2.33. Amazed myself with that one. HF is 12.875, that'll be another 100%!

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this for the first time ever today (first time I've seen it too!). It was also the first stage I shot in the match. Limited-10 with a Kimber drawing from a carry holster (Blade-Tech belt scabbard).

SCORE: 30 pts

TIME: 5.25 sec

HF: 5.7143

It was fun, but I know my draw to the first shot on the right side popper was at least two seconds if not more! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot this one today. I knew that the High HF was insane nationally, so I just shot it. I also hate that the bay we always set our classifiers up on is a bay where the ground is going uphill an is two tiered. So the steel and paper is a little higher than it should be.

2.38 28 pt 11.76xx

I figured it out and had I had 2 A hits the HF would have been 12.60.

Dammit man, my bullet holes were touching and just outside the A zone.

Ok, nothing stellar like you guys, and no excuses other than I am slow. Shot this one last weekend with my new CZ in production with a hit factor that should come in at 85.7%. I had a draw of 1.68 seconds, but I managed all 30 points in the remaning 1.35 seconds, lol.

I watched Mike Voigt demonstrate consistent .75 draws in my presence. I watched Matt Burkett do the same or better on his latest DVD. The steel-to-steel transitions are nothing, the other transitions aren't difficult. Consistent 2.00 times are acheivable...

Draw to PP2: .75

Trans to PP1: .20

Trans to T1: .35

Split on T1: .15

Trans to PP3: .35

Trans to PP4: .20

Time: 2.00

If you spot me a half-second on the draw, :P I'll go out and do 2.00 over and over in my next practice session.

I don't know why it's so much higher in Open. Maybe because target focus and the dot helps you single out the overlapping poppers. Maybe because when they asked the big dogs to shoot it, they were grooved in practicing for the Open nationals. I certainly can't shoot it appreciably faster with a foo-foo gun.