Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-62

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot this today.... Kind of :blink: "They" used the big poppers ( Colt Speed poppers ) rather than USPSA poppers.... :huh:

10 B Limited 29 0 3.90 7.4359 25.2076

I don't know the percentage yet.

Guest Larry Cazes

Whos a slug? Shot it in Limited in 6.27s for all A's. Only winged the first popper and had to come back and hit it a second time........ :D

Limited, 2.81, A-C, 10.32 HF

That was from a pathetic 1.38 draw.

Interestingly enough, it was good enough to win the stage in Limited. Coincidentally, the Open stage winner also ran it with a 1.38 draw. and 11-something HF.

I think I said this before: stay back in the box. With iron sights, make sure you distinguish which popper you're on.

about a 3.30 2 A's came to a 8.7hf. I had a 1.5 draw :huh: I remember pausing on the sight picture on PP1 and the took off from there. I missed PP3 which hit PP4, proceded to hit PP4 again as it was falling. Then went back to PP3. Should be a 71%

• 1 month later...

Shot it yesterday clean in 2.91 (10.309 hf) from an even more pathetic draw than Eric's 1.38 (try 1.67). I was suprised to finish up and see the first popper wasn't even all the way down. Kind of scary to be done and have the steel wavering in the wind. Maybe I need better gear than a beat up single stack in an Uncle Mike's holster? ;)

Shot it yesterday clean in 2.91 (10.309 hf) from an even more pathetic draw than Eric's 1.38 (try 1.67).

Dude,

You are the the Transitionmaster. That is some awesome shooting.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this one over the weekend. 2.94 sec down zero....Limited 10. Didn't catch my draw time. When I fired the first shot...two thoughts went through my mind at about the same instant. The first was trying to restrain myself from double tapping the steel (I guess its just shot conditioning) and the second was that I thought I missed the steel.....i think that caused a slight loss of time. Started from the right and went to the left.

TDean shot it faster then I did! (no surprise there! ;) )

2.51 / 30pts

..missed that damn last popper again, had to re-engage.

Should be 97% ish

From shooting bill drills, I know where my NPA is for a target directly in front of me. The trick here is to get your NPA on the first popper and NOT the paper, then index your turrent across the remaining targets.

For me, shooting R-to-L, I just move my right foot back a couple inches to adjust my NPA to the far right popper. The last few times I've done this I can really smoke the first 2 poppers and paper, but seem to take an extra shot or 2 on the last popper on the far left. I suppose I'm going "out of bounds" by a few degrees on my natural ability to index. I may have to get my original NPA form somewhere in between the paper and the far right popper to bring the left array back into the my radar range.

Just shot this one today. Ran it twice, first for classifier second for match.

Shooting open

1st run 3.34 30 pts hf 8.98

2nd run 4.1 30 pts. I had to hit 2 of the poppers twice to get them down.

I am guessing around 61.8% or so. Not bad for a C class shooter.

If I get luck and they send in the 2nd one I can stay at C class its about 49% or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this in Memphis yesterday.

2.83 seconds

29 points charlie was 1/2 inch out of A

10.2473 hit factor

hopalong B Revolver (for now)

There were 7 people on my squad shooting this stage, the first one shot it in 3 flat with 2 alphas. the second shot it in 2.98 with 2 charlies and the race was on.

I originally was going to play it safe and smooth and go for about 3.50 clean but the challenge was laid out so I went all out.

I stood in the far left of the box which will make the right two steel slightly closer thus allowing for short fast transitions all the way to the paper and then you just (with a revolver) start your trigger stroke at the edge of the last two steel and the shot will break a third of the way into the steel and the bullet will hit in the middle or just past the middle.

Shot this one sunday

Limited ( with production rig)

30 points

78.064%

believe i shot the paper first on that run. it was just an idea that didn't pan out.

Production

Really tuned in for the run later on. then the score keeper held the timer while i was cleared. don't know what happened but time came out to be 8 seconds. i asked to have the timer reviewed, came out to be 2.25 for 6 shots, but the guy said there might have been an "echo" because of a low transition time and said it would be recorded as

26 points (2 C)

i chose to re-shoot it, 3.-7, extra shot on last popper, come out to be 84.314%

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sam:

That's 92.7%. What are you going to do when you blunder into GM? :unsure:

I pulled the scoresheets from our December match and sure enough, I had 2.45 seconds. As I recall, that was my only sub one second draw on a classifier and only the second in a match. If you would have hit one of your killer .85 draws...