Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnny Glocks

Hitman321

I installed mine last night, and I'm kind of on the fence so far.  It's definitely not a typical Glock feeling trigger.  I'll try tweaking the pre-travel and reset screws and see how it feels.  I think my Vanek trigger is adjustable as well, but I've never played with the adjustments, so this is a first for me. 

I'm not knocking it.  I just haven't had time to get used to it, or make any adjustments.  But it feels as though there's a lot of stacking, and then it almost breaks with no pressure.  It's just a different feel.

I've had one of his triggers in my gen 4 34 for about 6 months, and probably 6-7000 rounds...I really like it. I had a little trouble with the overtravel being set up too short, so I actually just took that screw out. Didn't really notice a difference. Trigger is short and crisp, using a 4.5lb striker spring, and I haven't had any misfires with win or fed primers. 

Now that flat triggers are legal in CO, I'm thiinking of having him build me a new one with a flat shoe. 

Toby J

11 hours ago, Billmanweh said:

I installed mine last night, and I'm kind of on the fence so far.  It's definitely not a typical Glock feeling trigger.  I'll try tweaking the pre-travel and reset screws and see how it feels.  I think my Vanek trigger is adjustable as well, but I've never played with the adjustments, so this is a first for me. 

I'm not knocking it.  I just haven't had time to get used to it, or make any adjustments.  But it feels as though there's a lot of stacking, and then it almost breaks with no pressure.  It's just a different feel.

Do not hesitate to call him should you want some additional refinement in the setup. He will walk you through the process and more than happy to do so.

If you send your gun to him he will fit the slide to the frame and set the trigger to almost any spec you want.    He did an overwatch  shoe for my 35 with 0 pretravel ,short fast reset  ,2.25 lbs and set off every primer I put in it.   

I received my comp kit today and was able to get in a quick trip to the range.  Very impressive with no adjustment needed.  I'm still undecided on the break and think I will need to put a few hundred more rounds through it to really get a feel for it.  I can say the pre/over travel and reset are the shortest I've seen and all the safeties are working. 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:37 PM, NWfront said:

I received my comp kit today and was able to get in a quick trip to the range.  Very impressive with no adjustment needed.  I'm still undecided on the break and think I will need to put a few hundred more rounds through it to really get a feel for it.  I can say the pre/over travel and reset are the shortest I've seen and all the safeties are working. 

Got an update on this trigger system? Looking at the same one myself.

Since the short test session I have only shot a 150rnd club match. I started to feel what I thought was grit in the break but by the end of the match it smoothed out.  I remember him mentioning in one of his videos to give it a few hundred rounds to wear in.

Performance wise it's impressive.  Travel is super short and pulls light while running the 4.5lb striker. 

14 hours ago, BASE772 said:

Got an update on this trigger system? Looking at the same one myself.

I got one a few months ago for my G34 and have shot a few thousand rounds with it. It is verrrrryyy nice and seems to have gotten even better with time.  The only problem I have is that now I notice how terrible the triggers in my G19 and G17 are.  

On 4/8/2018 at 10:02 PM, farinx said:

I got one a few months ago for my G34 and have shot a few thousand rounds with it. It is verrrrryyy nice and seems to have gotten even better with time.  The only problem I have is that now I notice how terrible the triggers in my G19 and G17 are.  

Good to know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

From what I gather, "Johnny Glock" knows his stuff.  I don't know how many "Glock Whisperers" are out there with his experience and ability to make a Glock trigger good enough for a picky competitor, while still being safe and long-lasting.

I am wondering if his drop-in competition kit along with one of his massaged strikers would be a worthwhile purchase, or if I should forget about that and call him, tell him what I want, and send him my gun.

Called Johnny Glock a couple days ago and asked him about a drop in kit vs sending him my gun. He said if you were already a high level competitor and wanted to squeeze out the very last 1% performance, send it in.
That's not me, so I've got a kit and striker on order.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:48 AM, quietmike said:

Called Johnny Glock a couple days ago and asked him about a drop in kit vs sending him my gun. He said if you were already a high level competitor and wanted to squeeze out the very last 1% performance, send it in.
That's not me, so I've got a kit and striker on order.

Mine are in the mail.

I’ve had a Johnny trigger on my gen4 34 for a few month now and it’s by far my favorite. I’ve tried apex, zev, glocktriggers.com and pyramid, and it is simply head and shoulders above them. 

I received the trigger & striker in the mail, installed them, and dialed in the pre-travel and post-travel.

I'm impressed with the workmanship in the set screws and the way the kit is packaged with good instructions.  The oil and Glock pen were nice freebies.  The relieved safety tab is nice -- no digging into my trigger finger.

As a 1911 guy for years, and having felt a good number of triggers with true glass-rod-break wall feel, I'm never going to be blown away by a Glock trigger.  I'll shoot the gun with the Johnny Glocks trigger as an entry level Limited gun, and I know I'll enjoy it, but when it's time to get serious about a Limited gun, it'll be a 2011 from Matt McLearn for me.  The only really great triggers other than 1911 triggers, in my experience, are some of the offerings for ARs.  I have a Browning Hi-Power trigger that is a very crisp breaking 4.5 lbs that's on the next tier below.  Glocks and great triggers -- not really a thing.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to see how the triggers are running?  I just adjusted my competition kit in my G24 and it feels great.  Short reset.  I just need to get used to the .40 coming from production with a tanfo.  So far so good with the Johnny trigger!  I have the 4.5 striker spring on it and it has lit all my win primers so far.  Has anyone tried the 4.0 striker spring?