Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Americans

benos

Anyone watching this? I'm really liking it... catching up to season 3.

For "us," it's interesting how they make the Russian spies feel like the heros of the show.

The 2 main characters are competently bad ass - in every regard.

Even when the action is slow... The writing is excellent. I like shows that keep you wondering... how are they going to pull this one off?

Been watching since day 1. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

Its weird when you realize you find yourself rooting for the Russian spies to succeed in their mission!

I really like this show. The 80's setting is awesome combined with the Cold War theme; it really hits home if you lived through that. Even the little details like Beeman's wife running off because of the EST cult changing her thinking, or at least exposing it, make this show a much watch for me and my wife.

• 3 weeks later...

Great show. The whole Russian perspective really puts an interesting twist on things...one of my favorite episodes was when Reagan was shot and the Russians were afraid that the U.S. would try to blame the USSR and use it as an excuse to launch an attack.

• 2 weeks later...

For "us," it's interesting how they make the Russian spies feel like the heros of the show.

Even when the action is slow... The writing is excellent. I like shows that keep you wondering... how are they going to pull this one off?

I do watch it. It is well written as a drama and I feel it's important to remember it is a drama. I enjoy the entertainment value,

I refuse to view the Soviets as "Heroes". I served during the 80s and am incapable of viewing Soviets that way.

I do watch it. It is well written as a drama and I feel it's important to remember it is a drama. I enjoy the entertainment value,

I refuse to view the Soviets as "Heroes". I served during the 80s and am incapable of viewing Soviets that way.

I served during the 80's (as a Russian linguist in signal intelligence). I think it is important to remember that individuals are not the same as their governments. Much as we disagree with their politics, the individuals involved are just human beings that loved their families, served their countries, and sometimes thought their governments sucked.... kinda like us in some respects.

We watched it the first year, but nowadays I figure if I have time for TV, I have time for gardening, dryfire, reloading, drinking wine, cooking, walking the dogs, etc....

I too served in the 80's as an Electronic Technician in the U.S. Navy. I am sure there are many Soviet heroes, the Russian people are like anyone else. I just refuse to watch a show that depicts supporters of that ideology as heroes.

So for me, the show is terrible. I can't watch it.

I too served in the 80's as an Electronic Technician in the U.S. Navy. I am sure there are many Soviet heroes, the Russian people are like anyone else. I just refuse to watch a show that depicts supporters of that ideology as heroes.

So for me, the show is terrible. I can't watch it.

Our ideologoy (arming bin laden and the taliban, fighting illegal wars against elected governments in central america, running drugs to fund secret illegal operations) is mo bettah because we are the bestest. Murica.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...