Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what ar mags do you use

barebones1

On 10/19/2016 at 2:48 PM, txolds442 said:

+1 on the lancer mags. They fall freely just as metal mags and have metal lips. Good to go.

image.jpg

yup.....for normal mags; I started using these. The PMAG's seem to work, but it I ever had a mag issue it always seemed to be with a PMAG (not so with the D60 drum).

BTW........I am working on a +10 (+12??) extension for the Lancer that will end up being a free down load for 3D printers.....I'll post a pic when I have it done.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/4/2016 at 11:37 AM, colt1911 said:

Rifle mags are like oil changes... change them often, if you have a mag that is throwing rounds when you drop it thats no bueno, time for a new mag... I stick with Gen 3 Pmags, as i have had very few issues with them. I still have some gen 2's but i have had rounds thrown from gen 2's so they dont get any love anymore.

Please send me all your mags that throw rds when dropped.

I have been using the same GI aluminum mags in 3gun for15 years or so. None of them will pass your test.

They all run fine.

Many of the dropped mags I pick up at matches after a shooter has dropped them to reload have rds half in, half out.

No problem.

Please send me all your mags that throw rds when dropped.

I have been using the same GI aluminum mags in 3gun for15 years or so. None of them will pass your test.

They all run fine.

Many of the dropped mags I pick up at matches after a shooter has dropped them to reload have rds half in, half out.

No problem.

That's my bad, in my head I meant polymer mags but I didn't type it... Good GI mags are like... Well... I don't have an analogy, their the tits... As long as their good ones, I've had a couple GI mags I straight up threw in the trash...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, STIboy said:

You might want to look at the Surefire 60 round magazines.  I've heard good things about them, and they let you load as much as you think you'll need on a stage.

I witnessed a Surefire 60 function all the way through a stage once. Its owner claimed he was going to spend his life savings on lottery tickets immediately after the match.

34 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

I witnessed a Surefire 60 function all the way through a stage once. Its owner claimed he was going to spend his life savings on lottery tickets immediately after the match.

I have two of them in my safe.

I don't dare sell them to anyone because after two trips back to Surefire they are still not working.

I have not seen any shooters use them for a couple of years.

My shooting buddy has five of them. One of them works most of the time. The other four are salt shakers after a few rds are fired.

6 hours ago, colt1911 said:

That's my bad, in my head I meant polymer mags but I didn't type it... Good GI mags are like... Well... I don't have an analogy, their the tits... As long as their good ones, I've had a couple GI mags I straight up threw in the trash...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Agree

I've got some PMags but haven't bought any new ones (for the AR15) in years.

What I have bought for the AR15's is the aluminum mags. that PSA sells.  They're supposed to be D&H mags. and they've been working well in all the ARs we have.  Oh, just 30 rounders, too.  I did buy a couple 20 round mags. awhile back for use on a bench when testing new rifles/new loads.

I did buy some new PMags for the DPMS GII that's on order.  We'll see how those work out.  Midway had them on sale.

On 11/16/2016 at 6:38 AM, TRUBL said:

BTW........I am working on a +10 (+12??) extension for the Lancer that will end up being a free down load for 3D printers.....I'll post a pic when I have it done.

Finally, someone who is working on Lancer mag extensions

On 11/20/2016 at 4:47 PM, jon49erfan said:

Finally, someone who is working on Lancer mag extensions

We have them in the download area on the TACCOM website.......will also be selling longer springs for the extension soon. Yes, it is a free download and it is a 3D print extension, they work awesome!!!

lancer assy.png

Edited by TRUBL

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 7:06 AM, TRUBL said:

We have them in the download area on the TACCOM website.......will also be selling longer springs for the extension soon. Yes, it is a free download and it is a 3D print extension, they work awesome!!!

I printed one yesterday. I get 42 rounds in it. Cant want to try it out. Thanks!

13 hours ago, jon49erfan said:

I printed one yesterday. I get 42 rounds in it. Cant want to try it out. Thanks!

Still using the stock spring? As it gets weak, you will have issues with the last round feeding.......but good to know someone is using the files!!! (BTW....we do have long springs)

How was the fit to your magazine?

TIm

PS.......I did print one out and put it on a magpul 40 round PMAG.....got 51 rounds!!!

Edited by TRUBL

It fits tight, no wiggle. Printed with ABS at 25% fill, 100% size. I used F4 tape to hold it together for now. Good to know about the springs. I'll be ordering some soon. Like the monopod bottom. Although it looks odd overall, it performs great. And for under $1 in filament, totally worth it. 

I've also used your MPX extension and Stage Saver files. Stage saver was the first thing I made and had a slight problem with the edges lifting. I'll just sand it flat and call it good. Bolt release button is next. Way easier than drill/tap for a button. Really appreciate the files

20 hours ago, jon49erfan said:

It fits tight, no wiggle. Printed with ABS at 25% fill, 100% size. I used F4 tape to hold it together for now. Good to know about the springs. I'll be ordering some soon. Like the monopod bottom. Although it looks odd overall, it performs great. And for under $1 in filament, totally worth it. 

I've also used your MPX extension and Stage Saver files. Stage saver was the first thing I made and had a slight problem with the edges lifting. I'll just sand it flat and call it good. Bolt release button is next. Way easier than drill/tap for a button. Really appreciate the files

Never thought about using tape instead of fasteners.....but that would work great! Yep....no wiggle at 100% for sure......yeah, they do look odd, but function is awesome!!!

Tim

P-mags and Brownells aluminum mags.  

20-30-40 rounder depending on stage round count, props, etc.

I have a D60 and while it is too heavy for most situations, every once in a while it is just the thing for a big rifle stage that has say, a lot of long range and very little movement.  Where you might be flirting with running out with a 40 round PMAG and a few misses.  It is a royal pain in the ass to load those last 10 rounds though.

I used 30rnd window'd P-Mags. Great overall. The lip protector thing is great, and I leave a few mags loaded for defense. They have been loaded for probably 3 years this way. I shoot them on occasion and load them back up immediately. No issues at all.