Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Area 4 Championship May 20-23

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For thoes of you who have sent in applications, I have the self squadding on line and working.

The match format is All day Friday, all day Saturday or half day Sat and half day Sundy. Staff on Thursday.

This should get the match done by noon on Sunday to do the awards and prize table. Hopfully done by 3:00 in the afternoon.

I will accept a few (very few) shooters on Thursday if needed.

Later

Tom

Hi,

I have an update on the prize table, looks like it is going to be a good one!

STI, Match Sponsor At least 14 Guns or frames

Rudy Project, Division Sponsor

Black Bullets International, Divisin sponsor

Springfield Armory, Division Sponsor and 2 more guns

USPSA Guns.com, Stage Sponsor and is building a Custom 6" for top limited prize

Brazos Custom, Stage Sponsor

Drazy Metal Works, Stage Sponsor

TeachWear, Stage Sponsor and the RO Shirt sponsor

More comming soon.

Please think about them when making your purchases. They are the ones giving back! :cheers:

What would be tge best way to apply? I noticed you can apply online, but there is no option to pay online. Would it be better to apply online and then send payment, or download tge application and mail with payment included?

What would be tge best way to apply? I noticed you can apply online, but there is no option to pay online. Would it be better to apply online and then send payment, or download tge application and mail with payment included?

Print the app and send it with your payment. :D

Tom, how will the prize table be handled this year? Order of finish , random drawing?

The prize table will be order of finish. The winner of each class in division (if there is 5) will get a frame or gun. After the shot show, I will be able to talk to STI and finalize what I am getting from them. But right now it looks like I will have at least 16 guns or frames. Springfield has given me 2 guns also. Each division will have it's own prize table. I also have a slot from CED that will be a randem drawing at the match. The Junior that wins the drawing will get their money back, complements of CED. The official chronograph sponsor.

Persionaly, I don't like a "double blind" drawing. This comes from the side of me that is a sponsor as well as a comperetor. If I donate $1000 worth of bullets, for example, if they are put in a bag and not on a table, no one but the shooter who got the bag knows what was donated to the match. That is not worth much in advertizing to me. I want everyone to see what was donated to the match.

I will agree that it is easier to run a double blind drawing, and faster for the shooters, but if we want big prize tables, I think top down is the way it needs to be done.

Later

Tom

You can do either, but I need you to mail the check.

Thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the motel information.

The match motel is The Roadway Inn & Suites, Bossier City, LA Phone # 318-747-2400.

The rates are:

Single $60.00

Double $65.00

The other motel is the Howard Johnson Inn, Bossier City, LA Phone # 318-742-6000

The rates are:

Single $70.00

Double $70.00

Any questions you can Call or email me.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Tom D

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that this year's Area 4 will be GREAT! And, John, the Bianchi Cup doesn't start until that week AFTER the match. This will be perfect practice! ;)

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss the FN 3-gun match this year...again! That one is actually on the same weekend. What a great problem to have...to many awesome matches in a month.

Looking forward to coming to the Shootout Range again.

Anyone stayed in either of those places? :lol:

I have not stayed at the Howard Johnson, but the Roadway Inn was in the middle of a remodel 2 years ago when we were there. It is not the best place I have stayed, (kind of hard to beat the Crown Plaza in Tulsa for a match) but it is a decent place.

Tom

Anyone stayed in either of those places? :lol:

I have not stayed at the Howard Johnson, but the Roadway Inn was in the middle of a remodel 2 years ago when we were there. It is not the best place I have stayed, (kind of hard to beat the Crown Plaza in Tulsa for a match) but it is a decent place.

Tom

Stayed at the Roadway during the 2008 Multigun Nationals. I had a non-smoking room but it reeked of smoke and there were ashes and cigarette burn marks all over the place. The hot water knob on the bathtub was broken off, had to use my leatherman to turn it on, half the lights in the room didn't work, and several of the outlets were missing covers, had exposed wiring. There were quite a few other things wrong with the room as well, I completely filled up the front and back of the comments card I left with the front desk. The hotel itself seemed ok, but the room was the worst I've stayed in outside of Mexico or Indonesia. Hopefully the remodel fixed this, but I'm not planning on trying it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce that the 2010 Area 4 Championship will be May 20-23 at the Shootout Range (Clark Range) in Bossier City, LA

Lots more info to come.

Thanks

Tom Drazy

2010 Area 4 Match Director

Pardon my geographical ineptitude (I come from north of the 49th parallel, afterall) but where in LA is Bossier City? I'm considering coming to this match)