Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Ear Muffs

jkatz44

I have used every single one of these and the hands down winner, for me, was the MSA Sordins. The best sound, the best fit, and excellent protection. I screwed up my vote and accidentally hit null vote but my vote is for the MSA Sordins.

I just upgraded from my four year old Peltor Tac 6S's to TacSports with gel ear pads. I liked the Tac 6S's but I really love the TacSports and the gel ear pads. They really dampen the ambient shot sound yet do a great job of letting me hear absolutely everything other than when a shot is occurring.

MSA/Sordin

Bomb proof build quality, great replacement service policy, and excellent sound quality. The one drawback is the stock foam ear seals, they offer a gell kit for $40 but you can easily replace the stock foam seals with gel seals from David Clark for $20.

MSA/Sordin

Bomb proof build quality, great replacement service policy, and excellent sound quality. The one drawback is the stock foam ear seals, they offer a gell kit for $40 but you can easily replace the stock foam seals with gel seals from David Clark for $20.

On SRS Tactical, if you buy the Sordins, for an additional 30 bucks you will get gel ear seals.

MSA/Sordin

On SRS Tactical, if you buy the Sordins, for an additional 30 bucks you will get gel ear seals.

I might not order this just yet but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a coupon code I am missing? It looks like $41 for the gel seal from SRS Tactical with purchase.

Which model of gel ear seal from David Clark would fit the Sordins? I might be missing something there too.

Been using the Peltor Tactical Sport model for about two years, almost every weekend. Originally got them based on price vs. performance. Pleased with them after all this time, but they're showing age now. Should replace the seals with gels, and new foam for the inside. I think for 1/3 the price of the Sordins, it was a good value. I've never tried any of the high end models.

Only downside: if you're around a lot of Open shooters or rifle fire, really need to double up with plugs. Works fine for most handgun work.

MSA/Sordin

Is there a coupon code I am missing? It looks like $41 for the gel seal from SRS Tactical with purchase.

Which model of gel ear seal from David Clark would fit the Sordins? I might be missing something there too.

Here ya go

http://www.srstactical.com/supreme.php#75302X02

I think you were looking at Canadian Dollars

MSA/Sordin

I do not remember the particular item/model number for the DC Gel Seals. I just ordered a pair from one of the online pilot supply retailers and glued them to the MSA ear cups.

Been smiling ever since. :D

MSA/Sordin

I do not remember the particular item/model number for the DC Gel Seals. I just ordered a pair from one of the online pilot supply retailers and glued them to the MSA ear cups.

Whats the best place to buy MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X? Srs Tactical has them for $255. Anybody cheaper?

I am on my second set of ProEars Pro-Mags. They are a bit bulky, but advertise NRR 33 protection and I chose that over the lighter/smaller, lower protection models. They are as comfortable as some of the lighter non-electronics I've used and they seal well. The people that make them now (not in Colorado any more, now owned by Altus Industries IIRC) treated me very well with a trade in when my first set died a few months ago. The old ones were were many years out of warranty. It was going to cost not too far from the cost of a new set to repair them. They promised the sound quality would be much better than the old ones, and gave me a more than fair trade in. The sound quality is better. BUT, with what I'm hearing here, if I ever get a chance to try the Sordins, I would jump on it. It would be interesting to compare.

Edited by sheepdog

MSA/Sordin

Whats the best place to buy MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X? Srs Tactical has them for $255. Anybody cheaper?

Don't know about pricing as there site is being renovated until the 4th but http://www.triadtactical.com is a great place to do business. Awesome customer support.

I read all of the threads on electronic ear muffs but haven't seen a poll talking about ear muffs.

Okay guys, I think I narrowed my choiced down to three. They are the MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X, Peltors, and Pro Ears. Which type of Peltor and Pro Ear do you think is the best and why?