Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Ear Muffs

jkatz44

I read all of the threads on electronic ear muffs but haven't seen a poll talking about ear muffs.

Okay guys, I think I narrowed my choiced down to three. They are the MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X, Peltors, and Pro Ears. Which type of Peltor and Pro Ear do you think is the best and why?

I found some Pro Ears Pro mag in the classified ads. I think I am going to get it.

Edited by jkatz44

I read all of the threads on electronic ear muffs but haven't seen a poll talking about ear muffs.

Okay guys, I think I narrowed my choiced down to three. They are the MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X, Peltors, and Pro Ears. Which type of Peltor and Pro Ear do you think is the best and why?

Everyone,

I just purchased a set of Pro Ears Pro Mag for a good deal. I will tell you how I like them.

A shooting buddy of mine has had Pro-Ears for many years. He really likes them and I have tried a pair a couple of times and I think they are as good as any I have tried. At the very least as good as my ancient Peltor Tac-7's. One plus is when I shoot clays the comb of the shotgun doesn't knock them off my head.

Charlie

I have been using Pro Ears for probably 10 years now. I guess they hold up :rolleyes: I got replacement ear seals from Pro Ears for $12/set in 2007.

Later,

Chuck

What type of Pro Ears?

well, they are Pro-Mag :roflol: I like them and I sure can't see a reason to use something else. Let us know how they work out for you.

Later,

Chuck

I have been using Pro Ears for probably 10 years now. I guess they hold up :rolleyes: I got replacement ear seals from Pro Ears for $12/set in 2007.

Later,

Chuck

What type of Pro Ears?

well, they are Pro-Mag :roflol: I like them and I sure can't see a reason to use something else. Let us know how they work out for you.

Later,

Chuck

I will. Also, are the Pro-Mags slim cupped or do they come in different sizes?

• 1 month later...

Howard Leight

they work great, can't see any reason to spend more

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=671923

I just tried a pair of these at a local store, and I was surprised by how comfortable they felt.

I've been through 3 Peltor 6S Tactical since last spring, and Peltor is very strict on their return/exchange/warranty policy...and of course, I can't find my receipt...Every pair seems to work perfectly for a while, then crackle, sputter, and die. Or worse, they don't die, they just crackle and sputter till I get fed up with them.

MSA would be my first choice if I could budget for them, but those Howard Leight really surprised me.

Edited by Lonely Raven

I am pretty sure that each model Pro Ears has only one cup size/shape.

Okay,

I have been using my Pro mags for a little while and I have to say that I love them. :cheers: They block out sounds great. The best part is the amplification they give. I wear them the whole match so I don't have to take them off to hear someone. Besides being a little bulky, I highly recommend these muffs.

Jason

Okay,

I have been using my Pro mags for a little while and I have to say that I love them. :cheers: They block out sounds great. The best part is the amplification they give. I wear them the whole match so I don't have to take them off to hear someone. Besides being a little bulky, I highly recommend these muffs.

Jason

How do they work for rifle use? Does their bulk get in the way of the stock?

Okay,

Jason

How do they work for rifle use? Does their bulk get in the way of the stock?

Well,

I got these...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=278796

But they also have a slim version...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=261269

I think that the ones I have are probably too bulky to use with a rifle. But, with the slim version, I think you could use them with a rifle.

I didn't really care If i got the more bulky version because I don't shoot rifles.

• 10 months later...

I tried the Sordins but my mellon is too big and they did not fit properly. If you wear a size 7 1/8 size hat, or larger, I recommend some other brand. The Sordins I bought was marked "M-L". When I called to see if they had the XL to swap, they informed me that they only came in this M-L size. I then tried the "behind the neck" style but did not like the fit on those either. (something about the over the head strap in addition to the behind the head band just did not feel right.)

So I'm still in the market.