Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another junior moves up

big_kahuna

My father-in-law was asking how classification in USPSA works, so I pulled up my son's classifier page on the USPSA website to explain it. I was going through mathematical examples of how one moves up, showing him classifier diagrams, etc. I said, "Your grandson is a Master in Limited and an A in open." He said, "It says M next to open, doesn't that mean he's a Master?" :surprise: I guess that 100% classifier he shot in Ohio at the IPSC Nationals had something to do with it.

So that's how I learned that my son was moved up to Master in Open. He doesn't even know yet, and is off house-sitting for a friend. I guess I'll text him in a few and let him know. He hasn't shot open since the Ohio IPSC Nationals (he's been working on Single Stack and Limited lately) and probably hasn't given it any thought. Could be a pleasant surprise for him!

Congratulations to Nick Santiago (age 17) for making Master in Open! :cheers:

GO RUDY PROJECT!

My father-in-law was asking how classification in USPSA works, so I pulled up my son's classifier page on the USPSA website to explain it. I was going through mathematical examples of how one moves up, showing him classifier diagrams, etc. I said, "Your grandson is a Master in Limited and an A in open." He said, "It says M next to open, doesn't that mean he's a Master?" :surprise: I guess that 100% classifier he shot in Ohio at the IPSC Nationals had something to do with it.

So that's how I learned that my son was moved up to Master in Open. He doesn't even know yet, and is off house-sitting for a friend. I guess I'll text him in a few and let him know. He hasn't shot open since the Ohio IPSC Nationals (he's been working on Single Stack and Limited lately) and probably hasn't given it any thought. Could be a pleasant surprise for him!

Congratulations to Nick Santiago (age 17) for making Master in Open! :cheers:

GO RUDY PROJECT!

Awesome job Nick! :cheers: :cheers:

WAY TO GO! :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks everyone! I owe it all to my parents and sponsors. All the drypractice in the world only makes you awesome at draws and reloads :lol: , I feel like I learned most from listening to, observing, and studying other shooters. So, thanks to everyone that I've ever shot with, seen shoot, or talked to about shooting! Being in and around the sport is where the real learning happens. :D

Man that kid has LOADS of talent! Can't he give me just a little?

Congrats Nick! I'd like to meet you someday.

I have had that pleasure twice and he is the kind of person all parents wish they could claim.

Oh man, so close in Limited...it won't be long before GM!

Yup looks like he has 2 Fs at the bottom of both Open and limited with only a couple of classifiers counting holding him back!