Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ Who or How many?

CocoBolo

That's USPSA that doesn't allow certain clothing, not IDPA.

It's not disallowed in USPSA. It's just discouraged. The rule has changed the wording to "offensive clothing." IPSC still refers to the camo.

Edited by Duane Thomas

5.3 Appropriate Dress

5.3.1 The use of offensive or objectionable garments is not allowed. The

Match Director will have final authority in respect of what garments

competitors are allowed to wear.

"Not Allowed" is right there in the rules. But it's not clear what constitutes "objectionable garments."

Okay, I've seen it now.

I'm not seeing the problem as "outlaw" equipment, or even the SO who hit the ground. The real problem was the guy who walked downrange when another competitor still had a gun in his hand.

I agree, this clip ends too soon. It would be interesting to see how the situation resolved itself.

Okay, I've seen it now.

I'm not seeing the problem as "outlaw" equipment, or even the SO who hit the ground. The real problem was the guy who walked downrange when another competitor still had a gun in his hand.

I agree, this clip ends too soon. It would be interesting to see how the situation resolved itself.

look real close at the shooters position at the very end..you can see the bbl point towards the berm away from the SO/?RO on the ground and the other guy coming up, kinda a 180 away from the others..i guess the way i see it,it was good that the shooter didnt just "square up" to the back side of the berm,to see what was going on, and at least the So/RO had his timer pointed in a safe direction.. i would not haved DQ'd anybody..

look real close at the shooters position at the very end..you can see the bbl point towards the berm away from the SO/?RO on the ground and the other guy coming up, kinda a 180 away from the others..i guess the way i see it,it was good that the shooter didnt just "square up" to the back side of the berm,to see what was going on, and at least the So/RO had his timer pointed in a safe direction.. i would not haved DQ'd anybody..

Now that I can see it it doesnt look like such a big deal. The shooter has his pistol pointed directly away from what is going on. You can see it sticking out beyond the left shoulder of the shooter. In any case the shooter is watching the situation and the gun is certainly pointed in a safe direction.

As for the camo man. As he walks downrange, notice that his attention is first focused on the shooter. Looks to me like he checks the situation with the shooter then attends to the man on the ground. I dont see a problem.

Yankee dog

He should have waited until the shooter had gone through unloading, showing clear, hammer down, and holstering before just strolling onto a hot range. But I also don't see any DQs being handed out here. A simple, "You need to step back until we get the shooter unloaded," would have sufficed.

Camo Dude probably should have taken care of the shooter, moved him to the side and down range, did the ULSC. Dude#2 could then have attended to assisting clownfoot in getting up.

No DQ, but a definite discussion of what to do and when.

I also agree that Camo Dude did appear to look at the shooter to verify where he was pointed, but not knowing any of the persons involved, I would say that my scenario above is what SHOULD have happened. I as I am sure we all do, shoot with people that we would not be concerned about doing exactly what happened here. But there are others that tend to think more in terms of video game and I am not as sure that they get that while th targets are not 'real threats' the bullets are real and can do real damage.

Jim

Who is in charge if the Safety Officer is on the ground and not getting up?

I would say that the score keeper is the stuckee. The score keeper should have given the "stop" command and moved to unload the shooter; however, in the absence of action any responsible shooter on the squad could do the same.

I think that when you are running a IDPA match you stick to IDPA rules and the same with USPSA. There should be no "Outlaw Squads", this is when bad things happen and it is a bad example for new shooters. Play by the rules or don't call it IDPA, IPSC or USPSA Matches. Call it something else. Just my 2 cents

Those who are quick to jump to criticism in my opinion are being over critical based on the

small clip. No DQ, and nothing unsafe, Its obvious that the course of fire ended, the SO was on his ass, and the guy in camo was

lending assistance in a safe manner. The Shooter acted appropriately and did nothing wrong...

When did camo become offensive clothing? Ever match in NC you'll find some form of Camo (ACU, Multi-Cam, Woodland)

Train as you fight... if a guy wears a camo jacket to Wal-mart then he should shoot IDPA in that jacket, its a realistic based

program.

Edited by bulamike

I think that when you are running a IDPA match you stick to IDPA rules and the same with USPSA. There should be no "Outlaw Squads", this is when bad things happen and it is a bad example for new shooters. Play by the rules or don't call it IDPA, IPSC or USPSA Matches. Call it something else. Just my 2 cents

I agree with you 100%!!!

Edited by Steve J

Dollars to donuts camo dude is the match director. He is confident and in charge. You can see it in his demeanor.

As for mixing sports. come on folks. The idea is to have fun and get people shooting. Please dont be so stuffy. This particular incident could have happen within either version of our sport.

Yankee dog

• 1 month later...

I wish my local IDPA club had an outlaw division. It's the only indoor match around and it's 10 minutes from my house. When I find time to get out there I usually run the COF twice (2nd time not for score) because it's so convenient. Wish I could use my Caspian 6" Limited gun. It doesn't get enough practice.