Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ Who or How many?

CocoBolo

I shot this video at an IDPA match recently. After having some time to think aobut it the situation wasn't handled well. The shooter is shooting the Outlaw division, the club lets USPSA shooters get some trigger time and takes their money but all of them shoot in the outlaw squad.

http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=449 (just click on download video and it will play).

This URL Opens it right up http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?...p;g2_itemId=449

I'm not an IDPA shooter but it would appear that the shooter in camo that went down range of the shooter committed a safety violation.

Edited by CocoBolo

I don't know that I would DQ the Bozo in camo but I would sure give him a safety lecture. Given the orientation all of the targets (to the left) and the RO and said Bozo were behind the shooter it doesn't appear that either were down range. If the guy in camo was the second RO (clipboard) he should have taken control of the shooter and started the "clear" routine.After the gun is clear and the range declared safe he could have turned his attention to the guy with two left feet. The fact that the shooter kept the gun pointed in the correct, safe direction speaks highly of the "Outlaw" IPSC shooting mentality. No, I'm not making any comparisons to the IDPA folks. Just commenting on this shooter.

CYa,

Pat

I've seen, and I'm sure we have all seen a few folks jump the "range is clear" command before. They've been yelled at, but I've never heard of anyone, or any rule that dictates that it is a DQ for either the fallen SO or another competitor.

I would have to agree that the shooter acted appropriately in the situation. Another SO or qualified shooter should have taken control of the shooter done the unload and show clear, then attend to the fallen comrad.

I'm not up on IDPA rules, its a good game and good trigger time. I do have to say while those IDPA guys raze me about my Pimp Gun single stack they are some good folks and a fair number of them shoot very well.

I though Camo was not allowed at IDPA matches?

specifically not allowed, if I remember correctly.

I don't know what rulebook you would want to use anyway. There sure isn't an open gun division in IDPA and from the other videos of the same match they wern't following the COF's either. When you aren't following either rulebook I guess you just make them up as you go. <_<

I think that had I been the shooter I would have moved my butt uprange of the fallen and the camo'd help. The shooter didn't do anything wrong, but having been in the same situation, moving uprange was my first instinct.

I think that had I been the shooter I would have moved my butt uprange of the fallen and the camo'd help. The shooter didn't do anything wrong, but having been in the same situation, moving uprange was my first instinct.

That was my thought as well, I wasn't going to say anything, but it's what I would have done.

JT

That was my thought as well, I wasn't going to say anything, but it's what I would have done.

JT

At the end of the video, it looks like another person is either going to help the ro or clear the shooter. I can tell by the shadow. :unsure:

Edited by jkatz44

specifically not allowed, if I remember correctly.

I don't know what rulebook you would want to use anyway. There sure isn't an open gun division in IDPA and from the other videos of the same match they wern't following the COF's either. When you aren't following either rulebook I guess you just make them up as you go. <_<

Gregg - Only the outlaws were running amok on the COF shootin as they seeum and dropping mags at will. I shot it covered and from cover tack reloading and slide locking which happens real often with an 8 shooter, almost like a wheel gun. Standard safety rules were followed but we did have an unusual sitiuation develope. I got a fair number of procedurals, plus some a FTN when I shot weak hand thru the nonthreat.

I shot this video at an IDPA match recently. After having some time to think aobut it the situation wasn't handled well. The shooter is shooting the Outlaw division, the club lets USPSA shooters get some trigger time and takes their money but all of them shoot in the outlaw squad.

http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=449 (just click on download video and it will play).

I'm not an IDPA shooter but it would appear that the shooter in camo that went down range of the shooter committed a safety violation.

What am I supposed to click on to view the video? Work must have the content blocked somehow.

Gregg - Only the outlaws were running amok on the COF shootin as they seeum and dropping mags at will. I shot it covered and from cover tack reloading and slide locking which happens real often with an 8 shooter, almost like a wheel gun. Standard safety rules were followed but we did have an unusual sitiuation develope. I got a fair number of procedurals, plus some a FTN when I shot weak hand thru the nonthreat.

Don't forget that shoot throughs count in IDPA so you may have cheated yourself out of a hit. The video of the last stage with 3 shoot targets and three non threat is the one COF that I was thinking about since it was supposed to be shot 2 to each body in tactical sequence and then reload and then one to each head. The open shooter shot it 2-2-2 instead of 1-1-2-1-1. The stage isn't a legal IDPA stage either due to the ratio of threat to non-threat targets anyway.

It's a sad, sad situation when clubs show a flagrant disregard for the rules. Be that competion rules, equipment rules, course design rules, or safety rules. Both the USPSA and the IDPA side of the house down there lost my interest some time ago. <_<

I moved this topic into the IDPA Rules forum, where it should have been to start with. Just an FYI as this thread continues, any commentary specifically identifying this club, i.e. holding them up by name for ridicule on the Internet, will be considered extremely inappropriate.

Yeah, I clicked on it and can't figure out what to do from the page it took me too, either. I would also like to see what happened.

Guys it is a wmv and uses Micosoft Windows Media player. Now if you are on unix or a fatherless verions or an Apple to be honest I don't know if it will work or not.

Just click on Download movie no need to register unless you want to have your own album and start posting your videos. You do that registration on the Gallery and not the forum. You are welcome to do so just keep it clean, and keep in mind it is a shooting forum for any shooting dicipline.

I checked it by logging out then as anonymous I was able to run it. It happens to be my site I set up to promote shooitng in the area.

There's no "Download movie" on the page I get. Otherwise I would have done that already. And yes, I have Windows Media Player.

I finally got the "Download Movie" to appear.  I went to the gallery page and clicked "No Thumbnail".  I hit F3 and searched for "Download" and it appeared.  I don't think it was there before.